Russia Offers Nuclear Aircraft Carrier

sorcerer

Country flag
I fail to see how China is considered a "threat" that needs to be dealt with, but the Middle East is nothing to be worried about. There's a reason why China built a base in the Horn of Africa, and it wasn't to further encircle India.
china is a threat because of its expansionist policies with aggression and denial.
India has much diplomatic foothold in the ME and does business with most nations over there..+bilateral relations are strong...
Seucrity situation is worrying but so far India has managed it well.

china built a base in the horn of Africa and that goes with chinese strategy of string of pearls.. And its to further encircle India in the name of protecting chinese interests in the trade routes...Wasnt this always the chinese version of ploy employed.

I am otm shank

india needs to develop it's own capacity in not just deploying these types of assets but being able to research and develop them from scratch. buying these things off the shelf even with offsets leaves little better than not owning them at all

imo India should focus on quality on subs, destroyers and frigates with superior firepower sort of like soviets did to combat us/nato until India can reach somewhat parity economically with China and the west (God willing).

having 5 carriers of moderate size (3 at sea 2 in maintenance ) instead of Nimitz types should be adequate for the next 50 years. remeber America is an imperialist type country so their large carriers are not in line with the conditions India would face in a war ( defensive or a blockade actions)..

Filtercoffee

Country flag
They (DND in collaboration with Russia, BARC & private suppliers) have built a nuclear ballistic missile submarine class, I don't see a problem further for design and development.

busesaway

india needs to develop it's own capacity in not just deploying these types of assets but being able to research and develop them from scratch. buying these things off the shelf even with offsets leaves little better than not owning them at all

imo India should focus on quality on subs, destroyers and frigates with superior firepower sort of like soviets did to combat us/nato until India can reach somewhat parity economically with China and the west (God willing).

having 5 carriers of moderate size (3 at sea 2 in maintenance ) instead of Nimitz types should be adequate for the next 50 years. remeber America is an imperialist type country so their large carriers are not in line with the conditions India would face in a war ( defensive or a blockade actions)..
India won't attain the ability to research for new equipment until India reaches economic development, because Indians are very flexible in living in western countries, so the talent simply won't exist in India.

I want to see India merge its forces in order to save money. I'd have one or two supercarriers to help with deployment in the South China Sea and in the Levant, but I agree that India's main priorities are countering Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, and Pakistan.

china is a threat because of its expansionist policies with aggression and denial.
India has much diplomatic foothold in the ME and does business with most nations over there..+bilateral relations are strong...
Seucrity situation is worrying but so far India has managed it well.

china built a base in the horn of Africa and that goes with chinese strategy of string of pearls.. And its to further encircle India in the name of protecting chinese interests in the trade routes...Wasnt this always the chinese version of ploy employed.
India needs to reduce its dependence on the Middle East. It needs to stop purchasing their oil and sending workers to the ME.

I am otm shank

India won't attain the ability to research for new equipment until India reaches economic development, because Indians are very flexible in living in western countries, so the talent simply won't exist in India.

I want to see India merge its forces in order to save money. I'd have one or two supercarriers to help with deployment in the South China Sea and in the Levant, but I agree that India's main priorities are countering Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, and
You're daft. India has already Researched and developed; Nuclear warheads, Icbms, nuclear submarines, and has a space program that launches even for countries with a more developed and we'll funded space programs. The condition of western style development to research new tech is a falsehood. it would improve quality of life but security is a major part of having a high quality of life not to mention research, development and manufacturing would create a lot of well paid jobs and infastructure that would directly contribute to development.

busesaway

You're daft. India has already Researched and developed; Nuclear warheads, Icbms, nuclear submarines, and has a space program that launches even for countries with a more developed and we'll funded space programs. The condition of western style development to research new tech is a falsehood. it would improve quality of life but security is a major part of having a high quality of life not to mention research, development and manufacturing would create a lot of well paid jobs and infastructure that would directly contribute to development.
India has a good research and development culture, but it still lags behind the CIS and China. It simply does not have enough money to fund research to the degree that CIS and China can, and worse its talent are more happy to move abroad and use their skills for foreign countries.

India needs more money to invest in research, and it needs to improve quality-of-life in India too. Bengaluru is a brilliant example of where the government ignores improving the local infrastructure to the detriment of businesses there. India needs to attract employees to Bengaluru, not drive them away to the United States.

One of the key planks about the policy on immigration in politics outside India, is that I support neoliberal immigration policies where jobs are exported to India, rather than a situation where Indians are being exported abroad.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles