Retaliation against a Nuclear attack on India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Idiot, take Hans with a pinch of salt of not bucket full.

SPIEZ

Country flag
The thought of a war going nuclear gives me shudders. I mean retaliation or not, if a nuclear bomb does detonate, it will kill, if not dead it will kill the generations to come.

I have reached a stage where I really want to find the people who discovered such a bomb and charge them for finding such things.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
very good thread Idiot.

We must add that before discussing delivery options for each target we have to identify the targets and priority of their destruction, then we can see what are available options we have. Plus that will also give us idea as to how may nukes are needed.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Not simply western propaganda. People like Bharat Karnad have publicly stated that we don't possess a working thermonuclear device.
all though i am in favor of more nuclear test (so that we dont have to fight nuke war) but i was thinking if the thermo nuke failed, huummm............. now just imagine reverse of this, let say thermo nuke test succeeded with the intended yield, then the impact would be at least 4-5 times, then i would have felt the impact in Delhi.

BTW just think what would have happen to her house if TN actually yielded what Bharat Karnad and others have hoped.

Damage in the village of Khetolai on 13 May 1998, 4-6 km from the test sites.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I think Mr.Kakodkar's credibility is undisputed. So when he says that Op Shakti was completely successful then it must have been a thorough success leaving us capability of far more than 45Kt.

This is 2yr old interview where he busts all doubts, ranging from shaft n' frame to crater size. He also says that India has given specific details of their nuclear test more than any other country.

India has thermonuclear bombs: Kakodkar - India News - IBNLive

Iamanidiot

I won't believe that we have thermonuclear nukes I doubt it.Nobody in history made a perfectly working nuclear design for thermonuclear devices on their first test.The US perfected a thermonuclear device after 1000 tests,ditto with USSR and China did it after some 50 tests

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I won't believe that we have thermonuclear nukes I doubt it.Nobody in history made a perfectly working nuclear design for thermonuclear devices on their first test.The US perfected a thermonuclear device after 1000 tests,ditto with USSR and China did it after some 50 tests
Don't read too much into them. They have their way of thinking. I believe we should trust our own people.

Tell me how did china perfect the bomb after 50 tests something that the US took 1000 as you said?

Iamanidiot

Don't read too much into them. They have their way of thinking. I believe we should trust our own people.

Tell me how did china perfect the bomb after 50 tests something that the US took 1000 as you said?
The bear was there for them whom did we have?

Tronic

No, the Soviets and the PRC were no friends in the 1960s.

Infact, China fought a border war with the Soviet Union in 1968, a year after their first nuclear test. The Soviets were contemplating on nuking the Chinese nuclear facilities at Lop Nor but Uncle Sam came to China's defence and told the Soviets that if they nuked China, than the US would nuke Russia and initiate a nuclear world war.

Gotta love Uncle Sam...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
All cooperation stopped in 1960. China had partial knowledge of the fission weapons. They juggled their way through to the first test.

KS

Bye bye DFI
No, the Soviets and the PRC were no friends in the 1960s.
But they were friends in the 50s and that was when the USSR transferred many critical technologies for making nuclear weapons.

By 1953 the Chinese, under the guise of peaceful uses of nuclear energy, had initiated research leading to the development of nuclear weapons. The decision to develop an independent strategic nuclear force was made no later than early 1956 and was to be implemented within the Twelve-Year Science Plan presented in September 1956 to the Eighth Congress of the CCP. The decision to enter into a development program designed to produce nuclear weapons and ballistic missile delivery systems was, in large part, a function of the 1953 technology transfer agreements initiated with the USSR.

In 1951 Peking signed a secret agreement with Moscow through which China provided uranium ores in exchange for Soviet assistance in the nuclear field. In mid-October 1957 the Chinese and Soviets signed an agreement on new technology for national defense that included provision for additional Soviet nuclear assistance as well as the furnishing of some surface-to-surface and surface-to-air missiles. The USSR also agreed to supply a sample atomic bomb and to provide technical assistance in the manufacture of nuclear weapons. The Soviets provided the Chinese with assistance in building a major gaseous diffusion facility for production of enriched uranium. Subsequently the Chinese accused Moscow of having abrogated this agreement in 1959, and having "refused to supply a simple atomic bomb and technical data concerning its manufacture."

China began developing nuclear weapons in the late 1950s with substantial Soviet assistance. Before 1960 direct Soviet military assistance had included the provision of advisors and a vast variety of equipment. Of the assistance provided, most significant to China's future strategic nuclear capability were an experimental nuclear reactor, facilities for processing uranium, a cyclotron, and some equipment for a gaseous diffusions plant.

Nuclear Weapons - China Nuclear Forces

Gotta love Uncle Sam...
Kissinger and Nixon were two of the ugliest turds ever born :tsk:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Kartic at the end of it all, by 1960 the Soviets pulled the plug and didn't transfer complete tech.

Point being that the Chini TN bomb was their own development.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Kartic at the end of it all, by 1960 the Soviets pulled the plug and didn't transfer complete tech.

Point being that the Chini TN bomb was their own development.
Without the critical tech not being transferred to the Chinis in 50s, they would not have been able to develop the nuke in 60s.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Without the critical tech not being transferred to the Chinis in 50s, they would not have been able to develop the nuke in 60s.
No doubt. But that was fission bomb. Fusion bomb is something else. The claim is that India does not have a TNW and that the one test either failed or didn't give the desired data to make a perfect weapon.

KS

Bye bye DFI
No doubt. But that was fission bomb. Fusion bomb is something else. The claim is that India does not have a TNW and that the one test either failed or didn't give the desired data to make a perfect weapon.
Claims will always remain claims.

The best option that is left to the public is to take these matters at face value from competent authorities as we have no way to cross check it. No use in breaking heads over something that you are not entitled to know.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles