Recruitment and Minority representation in RAW

KS

Bye bye DFI
You can trust Minorities with protection of the nation, running the nation, representing the nation, defending the nation but not with protection of the politicians ?

And I don't think it'll be wise after what Harvinder Singh and Tajinder Singh hav done.
Agreed....Sorry for being specific...I was not talking about minorities in general..only about Sikhs.

BTW are you talking about Tajinder Bagga..? That guy rox.

If you are referring to Gandhi's bodyguards - SGPC, SAD and Akal Takht have declared them martyrs.
They may be martyrs to the Sikh community..but they will be regarded as terrorists to others..just like...just like..the three accused in RG case will be considered as terrorists in other parts but not by majority in TN.

But the actions of them should not be considered as representative of the whole religion/region considering the others - the absolute majority who have exhibited patriotism of the highest degree towards the motherland.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You can trust Minorities with protection of the nation, running the nation, representing the nation, defending the nation but not with protection of the politicians ?

And I don't think it'll be wise after what Harvinder Singh and Tajinder Singh hav done.

If you are referring to Gandhi's bodyguards - SGPC, SAD and Akal Takht have declared them martyrs.
I trust.

But does the Govt?

If not, why not?

They must answer.

What is the use of the silly sops being doled out when the actual trust is absent!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I can confirm there are Muslims in RAW and IB ( atleast used to be in the noughties (00-09) )

However, Sikhs and Muslims are not present in NSG and SPG.

Edit - in personal, sensitive and/or other security details, they are in administrative, intel etc positions
NSG commandos' Director General NPS Aulakh is a Sikh, buddy. I think that stupid limitation came only for SPG. From what I feel that RAW may have few or no Sikhs is because to blend in spying against Pakistan, they would have to go against a tenet of their path of Dharma -- cutting hair which is a sensitive matter. At least that's what I feel.

SPG's reason is because terrorist Congress framed that dirty rule against Sikhs due to Indira's own disaster.

Param

There are Muslims and Sikhs in both SPG and NSG but they are few in numbers.

Manmohan Singh Can't Have A Sikh Bodyguard

Or for that matter, a Muslim. The SPG, NSG don't hire them.

It is the unwritten rule that no official wants to talk about openly. Our secular democracy does not deploy Muslims or Sikhs to protect its VVIPs. While Muslims were always under suspicion, the Sikhs got blacklisted after Indira Gandhi's assassination in 1984 by her personal bodyguards who were Sikh.

It is ironic that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a Sikh, has no brethren from his own community detailed in the security cordon around him.

As no state organisation can bar persons of a particular community, the SPG does employ a few Muslims and Sikhs. But they are kept off personal security.

Officials of the Special Protection Group (SPG), established in 1984 for providing security to prime ministers, have ensured that neither Sikhs or Muslims are employed as bodyguards to VVIPs .

Sources in the security set-up confirm there exists an unwritten code which is complied with diligently. Points out an official: "When it comes to VVIP security, we cannot take any chances, especially since the country has lost two of its prime ministers to brutal killings. Proximate security is the last defence, and if that is weak, how can we ensure safety of the person we've to protect?"

As far as Sikhs go, Indira Gandhi's killing and militancy in Punjab put an end to them being recruited as securitymen. Much has changed since then but the community continues to be on the blacklist. Notes a senior official in the security set-up: "It has become an established thing. To change it, someone will have stick his neck out. And if something goes wrong he will have to answer for it. Nobody is willing to take any chances." The same line of thinking holds true for Muslims. As long as terrorism from across the border does not cease, members of the community will be under a cloud. Home ministry officials say with terror strikes across the country being linked to Islamic terrorism it would be a " big risk" to put a Muslim on VVIP security.

However, since no government organisation can bar persons of any particular community the SPG does employ a few Muslims and Sikhs. But they are kept off personal security. Reveals an official: "A 3000-strong organisation like the SPG does have Muslims and Sikhs. But we ensure that they are not deployed in sensitive posts. They are posted in the administration or intelligence"

The situation is not very different in the National Security Guard (NSG)—the other force which provides security to vips. The NSG was set up in 1984 after Operation Bluestar when the Indian army stormed the Golden Temple to flush out Sikh militants. The need was felt for creating a special force to conduct counter-terrorist operations with greater efficiency. The NSG was first deployed to combat insurgency in Punjab. But it evolved into an anti-terrorist unit with operations in J&K and other parts of the country. And it does not have any Sikh or Muslim as bodyguards.

Over the years, its elite Black Cat commandos have also been saddled with providing security to VVIPs, other than prime ministers (present and former) and their kin. They include political leaders like former deputy PM L.K. Advani, UP CM Mulayam Singh Yadav, BSP chief Mayawati and former Tamil Nadu CM J. Jayalalitha. But none of them will be a Sikh or a Muslim.

www.outlookindia.com | Manmohan Singh Can't Have A Sikh Bodyguard

I am unable to find the links in the internet but I read in a bengali newspaper some 15-16 years back that Home Ministry also didn't want Tamils in sensitive positions in SPG after Rajiv Gandhi's assasination.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think Lemontree has explained that we are not on track!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Dr A P J Kalam is not hindu .
He is revered as the Best President since he had no agenda and no religion hang up.

A great man!

He should have been there in perpetuity.

He never got a second chance because he was politically incorruptible and hence the Govt did not want to have such a man and instead wanted a pliable person indebted to the Power that be!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Dr A P J Kalam is not hindu .
But he is still loved by all equally.

Besides I am strongly against reservations in security forces or intel groups. They should be purely on merit and capabilities of individuals. Or else even armed forces will become hellhole like the state of UP is.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sikhs give is some of the better soldiers. They better be on the border than serve the bloody politicians.
Why waste brave men on dirty politicians. People like Mayawati has made the SPG a joke.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No it is wrong. Besides if they are to infiltrate into pak army then you think raw will send sikh ? that'd be idiotic.

Yusuf is raw agent :spy:
You are right.

Yusuf is raw and green behind his ears.

And he is an agent of CHANGE!!

sukhish

I would recomend atleast 27% reservation for OBC/dalits and also 4.5% minority reservation in all agencies, with no exemption. it's high time we start giving social jutice to these folks and should also do a national apology.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would recommend that we treat ourselves as Indians and not move around with the begging bowl!

India no longer banks on the begging bowl.

If India could do it, so can we!

prakashbioc

What about IB recruitment? is it same like RAW (no muslim or sikhs)? any idea

I failed to clear ACIO exams twice, but i performed better. :frusty:

sukhish

I think MANDAL commission would be set up soon. RESERVATION RESERVATION RESVERSATION!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vishalreddy3 Military Training and Recruitment Indian Army 47
SexyChineseLady PLA Recruitment Videos! China 16
A chauhan Recruitment of Civilians in Indian Army ? Indian Army 11
SexyChineseLady Chinese Navy Recruitment Video China 0

Global Defence

New threads

Articles