Question to the Chinese members

If there is another Tienanmen Square incident, what will be you stand?

• I will support the movement and actively fight for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will oppose the movement and actively fight against

• I will support the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

• I will oppose the movement but stay at home and watch on TV/Internet

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tienanmen Sqaure Incident - what's that?

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I'm not Chinese, just following the poll

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

nimo_cn

Country flag
It is not fair to ask them such a question.

If they reply honestly and that is picked up, it would create serious trouble for them.

We should not put our friends in trouble since, it is well known, that they are under surveillance and one of them may report the other and then the poor sod will be up for the high jumps!

If our replies don't appease Indian fellows like you, we simply will be labled 50 cents or CPC slaves just like what you are doing now. Your post just proves that it is impossible to have a decent discussion over the Tiananmen incident with Indians.

nimo_cn

Country flag
u call this is a poll so u're supposed to welcome candid input . Therefore pls explain why u label different opinions as "CCP propaganda", or "defending the slaughter". Obviously u have made judgement with wording like "propaganda" and "slaughter". Then why put forward a 'poll' biased against members who don't go your way or with conclusions being already made?

Answer this first then we may walk further.

P.S. I am a supporter of CCP, overall speaking
I believe the main purpose of this thread is merely to make Chinese members a target. They aren't really interested in our opinions, they just want to prove they are right, and we are wrong.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If our replies don't appease Indian fellows like you, we simply will be labled 50 cents or CPC slaves just like what you are doing now. Your post just proves that it is impossible to have a decent discussion over the Tiananmen incident with Indians.
It is of no concern of mine to change history since the world knows what happened in Tienanmen Square. What am I do be appeased about?

You logic leaves me wondering. What has this to with my being a slave like you, that is if I have understood you right.

The person who started the post, has asked a simple question.

A simple answer would do most sufficiently, rather than going in circles like Tony Lumpkin!

That would be the essence of what discussion has been requested of the Chinese poster by the person who started the thread.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I believe the main purpose of this thread is merely to make Chinese members a target. They aren't really interested in our opinions, they just want to prove they are right, and we are wrong.
No, not on target.

The reports about the Tienanmen Square is from the western media and that is what the world knows.

The person who started the thread may be keen to know the Chinese side of the incident since not all that is written in the media is without bias.

Why he started the thread, I would not know. He did not consult anyone before starting it.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray it means I am against street protests, if I hit soy sauce as per google translate
What has soy sauce to do with protests?

Maybe it is some Chinese proverb that most would not know about or understand.

raja696

Lets not make this a shitfest my friend. I seriously would like to know what the Chinese members think.

Every Chinese knows about Tienanmen Square. Its one of the biggest bones they still have to pick with the CCP.
dont ask chinese to answer such posts, if they do ccp will ban them from touching there laptops and pcs :)

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Can we see the names of the person which voted?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What has soy sauce to do with protests?

Maybe it is some Chinese proverb that most would not know about or understand.
Maybe it is a bad translation. There is an old story about translating by computer the proverb "The spirit is strong, but the flesh is weak" into Russian. It was transliterated into something like, "The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten."

mayfair

Maybe it is a bad translation. There is an old story about translating by computer the proverb "The spirit is strong, but the flesh is weak" into Russian. It was transliterated into something like, "The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten."
It's not a mistranslation. the last two characters indeed refer to soya sauce. Perhaps it is some kind of slang.

J20!

Country flag
Yes, but only 3 votes are of consequence. Chinese posters here are very opinionated on every topic, yet have only given lame arsed excuses about the topic and its relevance. Some have spouted CCP propaganda defending the slaughter in 1989. Its a straightforward question with straightforward options to pick from, yet most have done nothing but beat around the bush.
Dude, you weren't there, you don't know what happened. What you know is BBC and CNN regurgita. WE KNOW. SOME OF US WERE IN THE VICINITY, SOME HAD FAMILY AND FRIENDS INVOLVED. So please, don't give us bull about beating around the bush and excuses, we're telling you what we know and what we experienced, you should AT LEAST appreciate that. If we don't want to participate in a poll, that is our decision, no one else's.

trackwhack

Dude, you weren't there, you don't know what happened. What you know is BBC and CNN regurgita. WE KNOW. SOME OF US WERE IN THE VICINITY, SOME HAD FAMILY AND FRIENDS INVOLVED. So please, don't give us bull about beating around the bush and excuses, we're telling you what we know and what we experienced, you should AT LEAST appreciate that. If we don't want to participate in a poll, that is our decision, no one else's.

Dude, why dont you or some other Chinse here have the balls to give us a full blown account of the days leading into, during and after Tienanmen Square. After all, we outsiders only have a few videos from BBC and CNN and what we see , we believe. Why blame us. Information suppression happens at your end, not ours.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Dude, why dont you or some other Chinse here have the balls to give us a full blown account of the days leading into, during and after Tienanmen Square. After all, we outsiders only have a few videos from BBC and CNN and what we see , we believe. Why blame us. Information suppression happens at your end, not ours.
Yeah, indeed, it is our fault that you got brainwashed by BBC and CNN.

noob101

so why dont you tell us your version of it... I ask because i want to know what people in China actually think about it...

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
I'm sorry, but isn't that what "no smoking" gave you? What you called excuses and CCP propaganda? What? It isn't the truth unless its what you BELIEVE is true? Its not our fault you'd rather listen to Western media-based thousands of miles away-and call our accounts of what happened in our own country and in our city "propaganda".

redragon

Country flag
so why dont you tell us your version of it... I ask because i want to know what people in China actually think about it...
The result so far: 1 support 4 oppose, so 80% of Chinese oppose according to the poll.Isn't that clear enough?

redragon

Country flag
And how can we rule out the possibility that an indian member pretend to be a chinese and select "support"?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is fine.

What happened there that was wrongly reported by the western media?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
The result so far: 1 support 4 oppose, so 80% of Chinese oppose according to the poll.Isn't that clear enough?
And 28.7% don't even know about it :wat:.

And how can we rule out the possibility that an indian member pretend to be a chinese and select "support"?

Just as we are keeping the possibility of 50 centers out of the picture.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles