Putin thanks India for its stand on Ukraine!

prohumanity

Country flag
"The regime-changers" are defeated by the brave, determined son of Russia. Yes, they want to remove Russia from the G-7 country club.
The old boys club is frustrated by the courage of Russians but does not have balls . Didn,t I tell you before Vladimir Putin has "balls of steel"
and can not be intimidated or subjugated. No guts no glory ! What will "regime changers" do now?
Listen to the moron, bone and jaw broken McCain ..the monster..who wants more wars and more bloodshed in the world.
John needs to be in asylum and be treated for "Chronic War- itis of malignant variety." Or ,be sent to jungles of Vietnam to be haunted by souls of poor Vietnamese people who he killed cruelly.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Vladimir Putin's Speech - Salient Points:
  • Prince Vladimir (Vladimir I, grand prince off the Kievan Rus) became Orthodox Christian, (and thereby, the Rus people) in Ukraine.
  • Russia, Byelorussia (Belarus), and Ukraine, are integral to concept of Russia (echoing Soviet dissident Alexander Solzhenitsyn).
  • Crimea is a melting pot of various ethnicities, like the whole of Russia, and everyone lives there together.
  • All ethnicities and religions have survived, and none have disappeared, in Crimea.
  • During Soviet times, Crimean Tatars suffered, but they are back now, and we are doing all we can for their rehabilitation.
  • There will be three state languages in the Republic of Crimea - Russian, Ukrainian, and Crimean Tatar.
  • Crimea was transferred by Nikita Khrushchyov, the head of the Communist Party (of the Soviet Union). What were his motives? In a totalitarian state, the Crimean people had no voice.
  • Many people went to bed in one country, but woke up in another, as a minority. Russian people have become divided.
  • We requested Leonid Kuchma for delimitation of Crimea's borders, but it never happened. We recognized Crimea as part of Ukraine, despite our sadness, just for good relations.
  • We saw attempts to ban the Russian language, to assimilate the Russian population; Russians went thorough political crises for 20 years.
  • I sympathize with those who peacefully protested, but there is a procedure to change the power, through election. Some had other plans, and wanted to stage a coup. Who executed this? Neo-Nazis, anti-Semites, those that are stirring up anti-Russian sentiments.
  • The western sponsors of these provocateurs were explained that they should not do so.
  • The neo-Nazis are the descendants of the Bandera movement, who were associates of Adolf Hitler. Many of their leaders are "officials" in the current regime.
  • The people of Crimea wanted protection from what happened in Kiev, and what is happening in Kharkov, and in Donetsk.
  • That is why we respected their right to self determination. And what do the westerns say? International law. It is good they still remember international law. It is better late than never.
  • We never increased the limit of the number of our forces above 25,000, which is allowed as per agreement.
  • Ukraine exercised their right to self determination when it seceded from the USSR. Crimeans today are being denied that right. Why? Crimea also used Kosovo as a precedent.
  • I quote the International Court of Justice, "there is no ban on unilateral declaration of independence."
  • I quote a US document, "declaration of independence often violate domestic legislation, but it doesn't mean that there is a breach of international law."
  • You cannot call one thing black the one day, and white the next day.
  • I thank the Ukrainian servicemen who did not open and fire, and do not have blood on their hands.
  • The US believes they have the right to use a strong hand. They think they are unique. They use force against sovereign states whenever they want to.
  • Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, were all bombed. People were fed up with tyranny.
  • We are defending ourselves. We call a spade a spade. We are not hypocrites. There is a limit to what the west can do. In Ukraine, they have crossed a "red line" (mocking Obama). They are being irresponsible. If you press the spring too hard, it will recoil.
  • We appreciate the actions of those countries that have respected our decision (30 minute mark), namely China and India.
  • The US thinks that freedom is above all for them. But what about the free will of Crimeans?
  • I believe the Germans understand us. During German reunification, not everyone supported it, but the USSR supported it.
  • NATO warships in Sebastopol would have been a direct threat to the south of Russia.
  • I feel sorry for the Ukrainians. They have no future. They don't know what will happen tomorrow. We are all one nation. Kiev is the mother of all Russian cities.
  • Russian foreign policy is based on the strong and free will of the Russian people.
  • Crimeans put it bluntly. They have made it clear with their free will - they want to be with Russia.
  • Crimeans all support the unification of Crimea and Sebastopol with Russia. This is the bottom-line.

xuxu

One Q: do you think that referendum is rational for one place belong to a country or independent?
1. Kosovo,west countries pushed the referendum and let it independent, and think it follows the "International law"
2. Crimea,Russia pushed the referendum and let it independent then joint to Russia, west countries think it againsted the "International law"
3. India, pak had made nuke weapons, no one care about whether they against the "International law" now, but Iran, Iraq,Libya bad luck.

What's behind the "International law"? power. US :my domestic law is greater than "International law", so you know!

Kesang

Ukraine will be cursing the moment when they Decided to give up their nukes. Russia lost all my respect and sympathy because of this crimea incident. You just can't invade a weaker country because you can.

xuxu

Ukraine is Russian core interest but not US's or Eu's, Russia can start a war for Russian in Ukraine, but US and EU never start a war with Russia for Ukrainians unless Russia attack Pearl Harbor or mainland of US, so Russia will win at last.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I believe the Germans understand us. During German reunification, not everyone supported it, but the USSR supported it.

This statement by Putin just made my day.ROFL.:rofl:
Personally I also feel that a strong country should not use its power to take the regions of a smaller country.(Reminds me of Nathan the prophet telling a moral story to King David after he took Bathsheba,the wife of Uriah)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Ukraine will be cursing the moment when they Decided to give up their nukes. Russia lost all my respect and sympathy because of this crimea incident. You just can't invade a weaker country because you can.
Actually you can. That is the harsh reality of life. US and Israel does that; England, France and Germany did that.
Countless other countries have done that and many others are ready to do it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As far as I have understood, India has not supported Russian action.

India has merely asked the US and the West to understand and take into account Russia's legitimate concerns.

Personally, I feel if Kosovo is legitimate in the Western eyes, then what Russia has done should be legitimate too!

Any reason why it should not be so?

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Makes me feel I am of DFR not DFI! I wonder if its love for Russia or hate for west?

India did nothing. India cannot say anything as we have our own issues if we talk about referendum in Crimea. All we did was kept shut up with usual diplomatic noise & Putin can use it to thank us.

We have been usually averse to multinational sanctions & so is the case now against Russia & with a bit of emotion & sentiment thrown in from Cold War days.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Yusuf

A slight difference!

Our referendum is subject to Pakistan withdrawing all Pak national be the military or civil!

But the chaps in Delhi are clever. They know that Pakistan will never do that!

Last edited by a moderator:

thethinker

Country flag
India is perceived as backing Russia strongly and opposing West, same goes for China who is supporting Russia.

India Backs Russia's 'Legitimate Interests' in Ukraine | The Diplomat

On Thursday a senior Indian official appeared to endorse Russia's position in Ukraine in recent days, even as Delhi urged all parties involved to seek a peaceful resolution to the diplomatic crisis.

When asked for India's official assessment of the events in Ukraine, National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon responded:

"We hope that whatever internal issues there are within Ukraine are settled peacefully, and the broader issues of reconciling various interests involved, and there are legitimate Russian and other interests involved"¦. We hope those are discussed, negotiated and that there is a satisfactory resolution to them."

The statement was made on the same day that Crimea's parliament voted to hold a referendum for secession from Ukraine.

Local Indian media noted that Menon's statement about Russia's legitimate interests in Ukraine made it the first major nation to publicly lean toward Russia. As my colleague Shannon has reported throughout the week, many of China's public statements could be interpreted as backing Russia in Ukraine, despite Beijing's own concerns about ethnic breakaway states and its principle of non-interference.

India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine | Zero Hedge

Ukraine certainly appeared to interpret India's endorsement of Russia's legitimate interests as far more hostile than Beijing's position on Russia's actions. According to the Telegraph India, a Ukrainian embassy spokesperson stationed in Delhi responded to Menon's comments by saying: "We are not sure how Russia can be seen having legitimate interests in the territory of another country. In our view, and in the view of much of the international community, this is a direct act of aggression and we cannot accept any justification for it."

nirranj

Country flag
Meanwhile, senator John McCain calls Russia a gas station masquerading as a country :lol:

McCain: 'Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country' - Washington Times

"I think that economic sanctions are a very important step," Mr. McCain said on CNN's "State of the Union." "Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country. It's kleptocracy; it's corruption. It's a nation that is really only dependent upon oil and gas for their economy, and so economic sanctions are important. Give some military assistance to Ukrainians at least so they can defend themselves"

Wonder what will the US be called if you go by the above definition?
Russia earns billions in arms sales too...

ninja85

india will be on the russian side,because india gonna need this kind of russian support at the time of pok.

pmaitra

@Yusuf, @Ray Sir, @tarunraju, @The Messiah

India has supported Russia. India has clearly stated that Russia's position on Crimea is legitimate. This is what came out and was reported in the press. We can only assume what was discussed or conveyed diplomatically.

India's stand on Russian intervention in Ukraine is perfectly in sync with India's intervention in East Pakistan. The only difference is India did not annex East Pakistan, which went on to become Bangladesh.

India does not want hired snipers killing Indian protesters or some kind of an artificial coup. The recent impounding of an American mercenary ship, MV Seaman Guard Ohio, sends a chill up the spine, now that I have seen the videos of the Kiev protesters shot by snipers. When TR first mentioned this, I laughed it off. Now, I know it is a very real threat to India.

The US Embassies in many places in Asia, are using its premises to be used by their mercenaries, and handlers, to create riots and pogroms. The US wants chaos, which it wants to be able to control.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@Yusuf, @Ray Sir, @tarunraju, @The Messiah

India has supported Russia. India has clearly stated that Russia's position on Crimea is legitimate. This is what came out and was reported in the press. We can only assume what was discussed or conveyed diplomatically.

India's stand on Russian intervention in Ukraine is perfectly in sync with India's intervention in East Pakistan. The only difference is India did not annex East Pakistan, which went on to become Bangladesh.

India does not want hired snipers killing Indian protesters or some kind of an artificial coup. The recent impounding of an American mercenary ship, MV Seaman Guard Ohio, sends a chill up the spine, now that I have seen the videos of the Kiev protesters shot by snipers. When TR first mentioned this, I laughed it off. Now, I know it is a very real threat to India.

The US Embassies in many places in Asia, are using its premises to be used by their mercenaries, and handlers, to create riots and pogroms. The US wants chaos, which it wants to be able to control.
Any information on nationality or links of snipers?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
India does not want hired snipers killing Indian protesters or some kind of an artificial coup.
If you dissect the Maidan movement, and the key people involved in it, you'll find striking similarities with AAP. AAP is where those guys were, 2 years ago. Just like them, AAP has a very casual attitude towards the current Indian Constitution, and have demonstrated that by casually quitting office just 49 days into power. Unlike them, AAP has realised that the Indian Society is too heterogenous, and its diversity gives it a lot of inherent checks and balances that prevent a political movement from going too far. It's only tolerant to conventional electoral politics.

Given how AAP is finding itself increasingly undesirable, and given how people are beginning to despise its methods, the passive immunity of Indian society is kicking in. It won't hold on for too long, and so it's imperative that AAP suffer a crushing defeat at the upcoming elections, so people completely stop taking it seriously, and more as a public nuisance that a simple phone call to 100 fixes.

The recent impounding of an American mercenary ship, MV Seaman Guard Ohio, sends a chill up the spine, now that I have seen the videos of the Kiev protesters shot by snipers. When TR first mentioned this, I laughed it off. Now, I know it is a very real threat to India.
People often laugh off my political commentary, I end up having my day. They rolled over the floor laughing in 2009, when I predicted that Telangana will succeed. Now I'm predicting that AAP will fail. Telangana was achieved not by a revolution, but what some would call "conventional electoral politics." We did the dance that our system accepts. We didn't try to teach the system how to dance.

Exactly, and given how India took a big dump at the doorsteps of those embassies/consulates after the Khobragade incident, it goes to show that we do have a few inherent checks and balances against external interference. Khobragade couldn't have happened unless India and the US disagreed on something big. It was either MV Seaman Ohio, primary influence over Bangladesh, or a combination of both.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles