Premadasa threatened war with India, says former envoy

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
mate please don't spread this distorted version of history:facepalm:!IPKF didn't leave Lanka because the LTTE had defeated them,infact the IPKF was largely successful in diminishing the military power of LTTE on the nothern part of Lanka:
I saw the video of Indian army evacuation. It was not an orderly withdrawal. When US pullled out of Iraq, it was an orderly ceremony. Flags hoisted and then brought down. Soldiers marching in front of the commanding general. It was nothing like that when Indian army withdrew. They ran (yes, ran) to waiting ships as some sharp shooters were looking for Tamil fighters in case they attacking the wiothdrawing Indians.

They should not have feared at all. Tamil army will not attack a withdrawing enemy.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The conflict also has its origins in the Aryan Invasion Theory.
Sinhalese Sri Lankans view themselves as "Aryans", and the Tamils as "Dravidians."
Then SL are really dumb people because the whole "theory" has already been proven a big bullcrap colonial era lie by Europeans themselves. :lol:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I saw the video of Indian army evacuation. It was not an orderly withdrawal. When US pullled out of Iraq, it was an orderly ceremony. Flags hoisted and then brought down. Soldiers marching in front of the commanding general. It was nothing like that when Indian army withdrew. They ran (yes, ran) to waiting ships as some sharp shooters were looking for Tamil fighters in case they attacking the wiothdrawing Indians.

They should not have feared at all. Tamil army will not attack a withdrawing enemy.

The IPKF was withdrawn because their political objective was complete. That's the reality.

Are you seriously telling me that Indian Army was limited to IPKF?

IMO IPKF was a wrong decision and a waste of Indian taxpayer's money.

It was that idiot Premadasa who first begged us then asked us to go, making Rajiv Gandhi a prat.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles