PLA top General : " International community should destroy the land base of Pirates"

Discussion in 'China' started by badguy2000, May 20, 2011.

1. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

Chen Bingde, the chief Staff of PLA,said :

" International community should destory not only the pirate ships on sea,but also their bases on land".......

Bot and Sabir like this.
  3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

So much for China's military progress. China cannot even tackle Somalia?

4. chex3009

chex3009 Regular Member

China is so-called "Super-Power", This statement proves that....

5. Bot

Bot Non stop posting Banned

Nice to see China taking interest in some world matter, for long i was of the impression China did not indulge in any matter which did not affect it's interest in any way.

" LET ME ENJOY MY MEAL AND LET THE WORLD GO TO HELL " :- this kind of attitude does not do good for a country of China's nature and stature.

Welcome move , China lead by example and we will provide the support needed.

6. Oracle

Oracle New Member

China is requesting for a follower role. Indirectly they want either US or India to lead.

7. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

I think that is a reasonable statement by the general. If UN had genuine intent, it should coordinate with NATO and Asian militaries to bring down the entire piracy infrastructure.

One must remember that the piracy infrastructure doesn't just include the actual pirates, their vessels, and their land bases, but an entire upstream network of handlers, businessmen, financial infrastructure (that handles transfer of ransom funds) and even diplomats. That should also be brought down. If you simply take down the "operational" part of the industry, it will spring back to existence in no time.

Bot likes this.
  8. Oracle

Oracle New Member

/\/\/\ Arms smugglers too, who supply weapons to these pirates.

9. tarunraju

Arms supply again is a low-level thing. In Somalia, people buy AK-47s like we buy watches.

Take down the upstream network, and the downstream will get a big blow that will take years, decades even, to recover.

Oracle likes this.
  10. Bot

Bot Non stop posting Banned

Thats not in line with the world order especially the way china wants to project itself to the world.

11. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

All i see with the Pirates is the traditional fight of Poor against the Rich. The poor resort to such tactics to get rich and the rich use moral high ground to defend or kill them. The existence of Rich and Poor itself is highly immoral and they useing morality as an charge to kill the poor who fight back which is even more highly immoral, everything belongs to everyone equally. Today its all bifurcated and it either belongs to the rich or to the state.

In reality no one is born with will or title of ownership to anything, we steal what belongs to everyone and then when such disparities happen due to hoarding we use the Moral high ground to kick the poor.

12. nimo_cn

nimo_cn Senior Member Senior Member

You two should read the full speech by General Chen, in which he admitted Chinese military is at least 20 years behind American military.

13. tarunraju

What about the "poor" in Asia who toil to make the goods that ship to Europe over the Gulf of Aden? Your morality/justification argument is deeply flawed.

LurkerBaba likes this.
  14. Godless-Kafir

Either of them have no reason to be poor, if someone has no interest to work like a slave for 10hours he should be left alone to eat the fruits of nature. But they wont give you a drop of water if you dont want to work for it or peddle society's wheel. Society has created you whole and sole for the purpose of maintaining its own continuity. Yet nature has provided everything for everyone without any segregation or bias.

15. indiandude123

indiandude123 Regular Member

the only way you can do this is by full scale invasion of Somalia.

16. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

But most people don't want to enjoy the fruits of nature, they want to toil and getter a better life (better than their peers atleast). Greed, jealousy has driven human society and continues to drive it forward. Today they have a sophisticated name for it : Capitalism

GK you're sounding like an anarchist...

17. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Never needed to go beyond the headline. It's a matter of days, when someone from CCP China will cry out about US trying to contain China using it's allies in Asia and that China will respond severely. :pound:

Yes, and it shocked me. I am sure it shocked the Americans too.

18. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

This statement has come from PLA only when they saw what Pirates have done to their ship and its crew. Hope PLA and PRC says the same thing about terrorists in Pakistan and says that international community should attack the terrorists and their land bases in that area.

BangersAndMash, Sridhar and Oracle like this.
  19. Godless-Kafir

I agree that greed which is only a form of fear drives society forward today, they use fear to control people and make them follow, like anything born of fear it is destructive, i think if someone wants to be left alone to eat the fruits of nature he should not be troubled but that does not happen these days.However i dont understand if you agree or dont agree with your own explanation?

I am not an Anarchist, i would support anarchy if the people are educated about themselves and their emotions of greed,anger,hate etc and its source, otherwise just letting lose anarchy will accomplish nothing and those emotions will brings back the society to where it is now, so there is no point in that.

What about you LB are you an anarchist?

Last edited: May 21, 2011