Pissed off British on Job loss (MRCA!!!) - Activates tighter Immigration Policies

Parthy

Air Warrior
Only 'quality' migrants welcome: Britain

Britain's new immigration rules will now allow only those immigrants 'who add to the quality of life'. Two proposals outlined in a major speech by Immigration Minister Damian Green are likely to affect Indian professionals and migrants.

The government has already announced its intention to scrap the Post-Study Work visa for non-EU students, which has been popular among Indians.

The proposal states that non-EU professionals, whose annual income at the end of mandatory 5 years is less than 31,000 pounds, will need to return to their countries of origin.

Only those with an income higher will be allowed to stay permanently.

Also, British citizens who seek to marry foreign spouses need to show an annual income of around 25,000 pounds before they can bring their spouses to the UK.

The objective is to stop such foreign spouses seeking financial support from the state.

The speech has already come under fire for allegedly focussing on "wealthy immigrants", and preventing young Britons with origins in the Indian sub-continent with limited income from marrying spouses from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other countries.

In the speech at Police Exchange think-tank, Green said he wanted to build a "national consensus" around immigration, adding: "Importing economic dependency on the state is unacceptable.

"Bringing people to this country who can play no role in the life of this country is equally unacceptable".

He said he wanted anyone moving to the UK to join a British spouse "to be able to integrate and be independent", which was why a requirement to speak English was being introduced.

He said he was also proposing to set a minimum income level for any sponsor seeking to bring in a foreign spouse.

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants said placing an income level before bringing foreign spouses would be "hammer blow to the human rights of cross border partners and their families".

Chief executive Habib Rahman said: "They've already been hit with an age minimum (although we defeated that), language requirements and ever increasing visa fees.

"Now they face what is likely to be an unreasonably high income threshold. One might argue that this government has it in for poor people who fall in love with anyone who's not resident in the UK".

Speaking to the BBC before delivering the speech, Green said he wanted "to be much more intelligently selective about who we let come here", and that anyone individual seeking permanent settlement should be able to command an annual salary of between 31,000 pounds and 49,000 pounds.

Read more - UK's new policy only for 'quality' migrants - World News - IBNLive

p2prada

It looks like they want a community of non-untouchables. They think the caste system exists only in India.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well screw you Brits. It atleast mitigates the brain drain in India.

Your loss.

Parthy

Air Warrior
Not to stop here!!! US is on its way to bring an effective immigration system similar to what UK did now!! All these proposals were on their shelf till date and came effective now!! Could be an impact of MMRCA???!!!!

Developed countries depend on Developing countries (like INDIA) for their survival & economy/job sustainability??? ?Total irony!!

Parthy

Air Warrior
We are changing our approach to India: Britain

Britain today defended its multi- million pound aid to India, amid demands by ruling Conservative party MPs and others to end it, saying "now is not the time to quit".

International aid is among few areas that have not been subjected to deep funding cuts by the economically-strapped David Cameron government, which has faced much ridicule and more for continuing to send aid to an increasingly prosperous India.

The passionate debate was reignited on Sunday with the re-publication of remarks by finance minister Pranab Mukherjee, who said in 2010 that in the overall context of funds that India spends on development, British aid was "peanuts", and one that India could do without.

A spokesperson of the Department for International Development (DFID) told PTI today that there were no plans to reconsider the aid programme to India.

He said: "We reviewed the India programme last year. There are no plans to review again".

Conservative MPs Philip Davies, Douglas Carswell and Peter Bone joined a critical chorus, urging Prime Minister Cameron to immediately end aid to India in view of Mukherjee's re-published remarks, but International Development secretary Andrew Mitchell defended the aid.

Mitchell said: "We will not be in India for ever but now is not the time to quit. Our completely revamped programme is in Indian's and Britain's national interest and is a small part of a much wider relationship between our two countries".

He added: "We are changing our approach to India. We will target aid at three of India's poorest states, rather than central Government. We will invest more in the private sector, with our aid programme having some of the characteristics of a sovereign wealth fund."

Mukherjee's remarks sparked off waves of comments by readers of The Sunday Telegraph and the tabloid press that often splashes reports of millions of pounds of British money allegedly being pocketed by corrupt officials in India.

The remarks were seen as another rebuff after India last week preferred the French fighter Rafale to the Typhoon, which is partly build in Britain. The tabloid press today went to town with demands by Conservative MPs demanding an immediate end to the aid to India.

Tory MP Davies said: "India spends tens of billions on defence and hundreds of millions a year on a space programme - in those circumstances it would be unacceptable to give them aid even if they were begging us for it".

He added: "Given that they don't even want it, it would be even more extraordinary if it were to be allowed to continue. There will be millions of hard-pressed families wondering why on earth the Government is wasting money in this way."

Fellow Tory MP Douglas Carswell said: "This is concrete proof that Britain's aid programme is run in the interests of Whitehall officials and the DFID machine. The fact is that India's economy is growing much faster than our own. We should be encouraging free trade with them and trying to learn from them rather than handing out patronising lectures."

Another Conservative MP, Peter Bone, urged ministers to abandon the 'vanity project' of pursuing a target to hand out 0.7 per cent of the UK's entire national income in aid.

He said: "India has its own foreign aid programme so it is absurd for us to be still giving them aid. They are more than capable of looking after their own issues. As for the 0.7 per cent target, it is a vanity project that is being pursued for no good reason at all. I do not understand the Government's position on this and I don't think the British public do either."

We are changing our approach to India: Britain - The Times of India

Iamanidiot

Can the british boot out all the Indian doctors working in the NHS.It would be a favour to India

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Good. This is the best thing from India's POV. I want the Brits to stop importing all these garden variety "professionals" from India. It is a wonderful thing, and I am delighted by this news.

Can the british boot out all the Indian doctors working in the NHS.It would be a favour to India
Hear, hear! :clap:

I took a relative to MS Ramiah super-specialty hospital today, and the rush was immense - too many patients and too few neurologists/neurosurgeons. Had to wait for freaking 2.5 hours for our turn!!!

I hope Britain stops importing all these Indian professionals.

They should import Pakis and Bangladeshis instead. Britain will prosper with the influx of Pakis and BDeshis, I am very sure - I would love to watch. :namaste:

Last edited:

Blackwater

Only 'quality' migrants welcome: Britain

Britain's new immigration rules will now allow only those immigrants 'who add to the quality of life'. Two proposals outlined in a major speech by Immigration Minister Damian Green are likely to affect Indian professionals and migrants.

The government has already announced its intention to scrap the Post-Study Work visa for non-EU students, which has been popular among Indians.

The proposal states that non-EU professionals, whose annual income at the end of mandatory 5 years is less than 31,000 pounds, will need to return to their countries of origin.

Only those with an income higher will be allowed to stay permanently.

Also, British citizens who seek to marry foreign spouses need to show an annual income of around 25,000 pounds before they can bring their spouses to the UK.

The objective is to stop such foreign spouses seeking financial support from the state.

The speech has already come under fire for allegedly focussing on "wealthy immigrants", and preventing young Britons with origins in the Indian sub-continent with limited income from marrying spouses from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other countries.

In the speech at Police Exchange think-tank, Green said he wanted to build a "national consensus" around immigration, adding: "Importing economic dependency on the state is unacceptable.

"Bringing people to this country who can play no role in the life of this country is equally unacceptable".

He said he wanted anyone moving to the UK to join a British spouse "to be able to integrate and be independent", which was why a requirement to speak English was being introduced.

He said he was also proposing to set a minimum income level for any sponsor seeking to bring in a foreign spouse.

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants said placing an income level before bringing foreign spouses would be "hammer blow to the human rights of cross border partners and their families".

Chief executive Habib Rahman said: "They've already been hit with an age minimum (although we defeated that), language requirements and ever increasing visa fees.

"Now they face what is likely to be an unreasonably high income threshold. One might argue that this government has it in for poor people who fall in love with anyone who's not resident in the UK".

Speaking to the BBC before delivering the speech, Green said he wanted "to be much more intelligently selective about who we let come here", and that anyone individual seeking permanent settlement should be able to command an annual salary of between 31,000 pounds and 49,000 pounds.

Read more - UK's new policy only for 'quality' migrants - World News - IBNLive

What a BS is this.now you guys link every thing to MRCA.

This tighter control of immigration is proposed long time back and is due to our south Asian bros (indo-paki-bangla-lankan) abused i would say rape the immigration system of UK. i support these tighter laws.

They have also enforced the law that the spouse of UK citizen coming from outside UK must passed basic English and UK culture test. So no more Paendoos allowed pls.

They are also proposing that any British citizen want to marry out side EU must have annual income of 25,000 pounds to call his or her spouse back to UK.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Good. This is the best thing from India's POV. I want the Brits to stop importing all these garden variety "professionals" from India. It is a wonderful thing, and I am delighted by this news.

Hear, hear! :clap:

I took a relative to MS Ramiah super specialty hospital today, and the rush was immense - too many patients and too few neurologists/neurosurgeons. Had to wait for freaking 2.5 hours for our turn!!!

I hope Britain stops importing all these Indian professionals.

They should import Pakis and Bangladeshis instead. Britain will prosper with the influx of Pakis and BDeshis, I am very sure - I would love to watch. :namaste:
Sure why not... they would add more ghettos and create more riots/annum.British would love that :lol:
Anyway back to the topic... these countries are getting their demographies changed due to immigrants and gradually getting outnumbered in their own land.They are simply paying for their Imperialist past.It is not just the Indian subcontinent people(India,SL,BD,Pak) and Africa but they are worried about East European immigrants as well.
A lot of immigrants can't even speak/write proper English.For that they looking to create some strict guidlines.We all know how migrants first settle down in foreign lands, marry the locals chicks and after becoming citizens they call their relatives to settle down too.This is not a new thing and I don't think it is initiated by the MMRCA deal.... though MMRCA deal has hurted British specially in the slow economy phase.

Blackwater

Sure why not... they would add more ghettos and create more riots/annum.British would love that :lol:
Anyway back to the topic... these countries are getting their demographies changed due to immigrants and gradually getting outnumbered in their own land.They are simply paying for their Imperialist past.It is not just the Indian subcontinent people(India,SL,BD,Pak) and Africa but they are worried about East European immigrants as well.
A lot of immigrants can't even speak/write proper English.For that they looking to create some strict guidlines.We all know how migrants first settle down in foreign lands, marry the locals chicks and after becoming citizens they call their relatives to settle down too.This is not a new thing and I don't think it is initiated by the MMRCA deal.... though MMRCA deal has hurted British specially in the slow economy phase.

i also said sam to sam

Global Defence

New threads

Articles