Pakistan Tourism, Culture and Music

Zulfiqar Khan

Are you Punjabi? From your other posts I thought you were Pashtun although I understand that there are Punjabi Pashtuns as well.

I would like to visit Lahore and Nankana Sahib some day, my ancestral village is near Gujranwala and my relatives keep traveling there pretty frequently even now.
I'd like to describe myself as multi-cultural. My father is from Cherat in KPK; while my Mother is half Gujjar and half Pashtun from Sialkot. I've also lived one year in Punjab. So I know the culture and stuff.

Not many people know this; but a quarter of Punjab's population is Pashtun :biggrin2:

airtel

Country flag
Music that associates with gross sexuality, drugs, killing, alcohol and other negative things (like in the modern world) are haram. Music that brings you closer to Allah or calms you; is allowed.

Music is deeply rooted within Pakistan history and culture; in fact music was one of the main reason for the conversion into Islam. Sufi saints would use poetic music with deep meaning (which would later evolve into Qawalli) to convert the masses to Islam. To this day, Sufi Music is the most popular music in Pakistan.

aurangzeb himself was a musician , but after learning Islam ...........he banned all type of music during his Rule ...........

Go & check websites of hardcore Islamic organizations like hizbul-tahrir , ISIS , Al-qaeda etc .

according to them music is unislamic .

even democracy is unislamic according to them .

Zulfiqar Khan

aurangzeb himself was a musician , but after learning Islam ...........he banned all type of music during his Rule ...........

Go & check websites of hardcore Islamic organizations like hizbul-tahrir , ISIS , Al-qaeda etc .

according to them music is unislamic .

even democracy is unislamic according to them .
We can discuss this in another thread if you would like; but in this one - trying to keep this thread clean and focused on Pakistani tourism, culture and music.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I'd like to describe myself as multi-cultural. My father is from Cherat in KPK; while my Mother is half Gujjar and half Pashtun from Sialkot. I've also lived one year in Punjab. So I know the culture and stuff.

Not many people know this; but a quarter of Punjab's population is Pashtun :biggrin2:
That explains the liberalism :)

The Last Stand

Country flag
Music that associates with gross sexuality, drugs, killing, alcohol and other negative things (like in the modern world) are haram. Music that brings you closer to Allah or calms you; is allowed.
So all new pop music (american) is banned. Can't say I don't approve. :rofl:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Yes totally.

Look how badly these guys want to be apart of India.

No need to watch the video. I've watched enough videos of protests in PoK already. Also, I don't give a shit what the people there want. Its India's land, was and always will be.

1971ftw

Country flag
Can someone explain the mujura culture in Pakistan? How is that allowed in islam ?

SilentKiller

Country flag
Tourism flourished in the 80's but WoT destroyed the industry along with our image. We're seeing a revival though; Pakistan is very attractive to adventurers, landscape admirers and people who like history/culture. There has also been an explosion of tourists coming from China. Inshallah in over a decade, Pakistan will be one of the world's tourist capitals.
Its not WoT but radical islam that was incouraged by pakistan army and isi that brought harm to pakistan..ISI created Taliban not USA, if u keep on denying this u will never over come the problem of TTP.
Terrorism in pakistan is because of pakistan's rulers to play with religion.

SilentKiller

Country flag

Music is deeply rooted within Pakistan history and culture; in fact music was one of the main reason for the conversion into Islam. Sufi saints would use poetic music with deep meaning (which would later evolve into Qawalli) to convert the masses to Islam. To this day, Sufi Music is the most popular music in Pakistan.

ahhaha
Its same way saying that Pak Taliban is bad but afghan taliban is good.
If the music brings u close to allah is consdiered good music, why drinks are banned, as few (limited) shots can bring to closer to your friends and god, people around u or sharing drinks with u become your best friend :p
Pakistan has no Music History or culture, pakistan was word was created in 1939 so history of pakistan starts from 1947 + music of pakistan is either borrowed or hijacked one, u don't have anything original, original things either left u in 1971 or u left them behind in 1947.
Pakistan is a nation which kills sufi singers.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36597498

Another example, pakistan has largest population who speaks punjabi but foolishly none can write one..
This is pakistan which is working hard to move out of its roots and trying to show that they never were from indian sub continent but came with laskhars and ruled for 1000 years, idoits don't know that they themself were ruled for 1000 years either by afghans or turks or moghals..

Read History, proper history which is not available in pakistan and way its going u will keep on killing history.

Hassain Ghazini

I have never seen such an ignorant person and narrow-minded person. Your post is filled with contradictions, historical inaccuracies and just plain obvious bias/hatred. So let me debunk this piece by piece.

If the music brings u close to allah is consdiered good music, why drinks are banned, as few (limited) shots can bring to closer to your friends and god, people around u or sharing drinks with u become your best friend
This a no-brainer question... Do you have any idea how many alcohol-related crimes are being committed everyday? A 'few shots' , can eventually lead to more shots, and we all know what can happen from there. Alcohol is sickness really... why do you think that almost every country discourages it. Even in the US, as kids in school, we've been taught to keep away from alcohol as much as possible.

This is pakistan which is working hard to move out of its roots and trying to show that they never were from indian sub continent but came with laskhars and ruled for 1000 years
How many times do we have to explain this to you guys... Pakistanis are not a homogeneous people. Pakistan is very diverse with hundreds and probably thousands of different ethnicities and languages. There are people of different colors, race, cultures, traditions, origins and history: People that range from blonde-hair blue-eyed Kalash to African Sheedis.

Pakistan is a federation compromised of different peoples, cultures and languages all united under shared faith, beliefs, objectives and similar cultures and history. We are Sindhi, Balochi, Pashtun, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Seraiki, Balti, Kohi, Mohajir, Hazara, Hindkowans, Burusho, Kalash, Khowar, Shina, Chitrali, Nuristani, Pamiris, Shina. We have always and will continue to be distinct from you, just because we were a part of the British Raj does not make us a part of India.

Being a part of a geographic entity does not make you 'one people' either. Look at Africa as an example.

Also hardly anyone here claims to be descendants of 'foreign lashkars'; it's only some tribes that claim they do which is usually backed by historical references and evidence, Hazaras for examples are descendants of Mongolian Army remnants.

pakistan was word was created in 1939
The term Pakistan was actually created in 1932-1933 to refer to

P - Punjab
A - Afghania
K - Kashmir
I - Indus/Islam
S - Sindh
TAN - Balochistan

as a united entity distinct from the rest of the British Raj.

The fact that you are even making minor errors in historicity should void the rest of your baseless claim.

pakistan was word was created in 1939 so history of pakistan starts from 1947 + music of pakistan is either borrowed or hijacked one,
What kind of logic is this, lol...
India also started from 1947 - before that there was Marathas, Mughals, Sultanates, Lodhis, and ect...

Pakistan is a federation and as a federation it inherited all history, culture, music, traditions, heritage of Punjabis, Kashmiris, Sindhis, Balochis, Pashtuns, Baltis, Makranis and ect....

Pakistan is a nation which kills sufi singers.
By that logic, I could also say that India is a nation which rapes tourists.

nother example, pakistan has largest population who speaks punjabi but foolishly none can write one..
How does someone 'write' Punjabi, lol...
We use Shahmukhi; even Sikhs used Shahmukhi - even far after Guru Granth Sahib standardized Gurumukhi in the 16th century. Persian was the official language of the Sikh Empire and everything was written in Persian as well. Most literate people only knew Nastaliq or Shahmukhi rather than Gurumukhi.

Sikh Manuscripts/Art

Hassain Ghazini

Pakistan has no Music History or culture, pakistan was word was created in 1939 so history of pakistan starts from 1947
What kind of a logic is that? So people that have lived here for thousands of years, mysteriously appeared out of nowhere in 1947? They had no music, history or culture? What are you smoking bro...?

Pakistan is a boiling pot of different cultures, music and endless history - our region (indus valley and plains) has historically been rich in this. Take the region of Punjab for example; despite Punjabis making up a little less than 2% of the Indian population - they dominate India in terms of music and culture. Half if not majority of Indian actors are of Punjabi or Pashtun descent.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Pdespite Punjabis making up a little less than 2% of the Indian population - they dominate India in terms of music and culture. Half if not majority of Indian actors are of Punjabi or Pashtun descent.

That's because Singing and dancing was frowned upon in traditional Indian society. No self respecting or ruling elite families wanted to became their kids as actors or dancers. This is tradition of you Mirasis famous for Heera Mandi.

That's why You will find most of prostitutes, dancing girls etc were Musalman including Punjabi Musalman who were themselves converted from Indian religion.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
^^ Still majority of the girls working in red light areas and dance bars(Mumbai) are Bangladeshi illegals.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles