Pakistan ranked 124th amid 144 economies

Defcon 1

Country flag
I apologise, I may have said something I shouldn't have. But I stand by my conviction that you cannot make friends with a PAKI.
You have misunderstood me from the very first line. I never said anything about making friends with them. I just want more pakis (and chinese and americans and russians) on this forum to have great discussions. That is why I gave the example of farhaan to show the value he brings to discussions. Nevertheless, bashing someone is always morally incorrect and we should avoid bashing in general. If asking for this makes me a traitor, then so be it.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
You have misunderstood me from the very first line. I never said anything about making friends with them. I just want more pakis (and chinese and americans and russians) on this forum to have great discussions. That is why I gave the example of farhaan to show the value he brings to discussions. Nevertheless, bashing someone is always morally incorrect and we should avoid bashing in general. If asking for this makes me a traitor, then so be it.
Yes we should follow the Gandhian principle, if someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other. Let them bash us to eternity, we'll keep our mouths shut.

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Yes we should follow the Gandhian principle, if someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other.
There is actually nothing wrong with it. I actually lament our society where the whole world respects gandhi while his own countrymen consider his principles as lame. There is a reason he finally succeeded. Moreover, sticking to the moral high ground will always give you a sense of happiness that bashing can never provide.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is actually nothing wrong with it. I actually lament our society where the whole world respects gandhi while his own countrymen consider his principles as lame. There is a reason he finally succeeded. Moreover, sticking to the moral high ground will always give you a sense of happiness that bashing can never provide.
Maybe you are right and I mean it.

Anyway, I apologise to you for calling you everything that I called you. It was not my intention. Just the heat of the moment, I suppose.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Does that mean that also agree that bashing other countries should stop on this forum and will you help me keeping this thing before the staff?
No that wont help, read my PM. Maybe, we should all try and ignore Pakistan cause really they don't really deserve our attention.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
So if you are from IIT then what?

Is IIT a 'superior' caste system as if just being from IIT we should follow your stupidity ?
Lakhs of people have graduated from IIT till now,what's your point? Are you special?

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Since you have started quoting blogs, this post is not worth replying to. I did not say PDF is not anti-Indian. It seems that you have comprehension issues. Learn some english first and then come back.
MJ akbar is not a blooger!

He is a well acclaimed writer and he generally writes on Islam and Pakistan.

Jim Street

Country flag
I think it was bound to happen. A decade long WoT and being an ally of US,

constant terrorist attacks and insurgencies,

corruption and tax evasion, massive power outage,

bad Foreign Policy and Ability to use their work in WoT to get diplomatic support along with money,

ineptness to focus on priorities, too much confused, working with US, want to replace US position wrt them with China,

trying to make peace with India which is essential for them to cut down huge amount of money required to be on their toes which backfired as many anti-India terrorist outfits got angry..

List goes on, the perfect ingredients for weak economy.

P.S. I like this forum coz people often talk about facts and their knowledge many times surprise me. Would really like if people can delete OT posts. These threads also gives us to look at our economy and try to predict what could happen to us if we don't care of similar problems.

Defcon 1

Country flag
So if you are from IIT then what?

Is IIT a 'superior' caste system as if just being from IIT we should follow your stupidity ?
Lakhs of people have graduated from IIT till now,what's your point? Are you special?
I don't understand why you are being so offensive against me? If you read the post again and try to understand the context in which I wrote it, you understand why I wrote what I wrote.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
One thing I know is that the day we'll win a decisive victory over Pakistan whether by using nukes and by killing millions of Pakistanis or by a conventional war, I will fire crackers and bombs in my muhalla :p I will take it as a my fundamental right to enjoy the events which take place in my Bharat's favor :p

I think we have exemption from political and moral correctness against Pakistan.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Borrowing the last sentence above: I think we should all make it very clear that we have exemption from political and moral correctness when it comes to Pakistan.

Defcon1 should ask himself why we do not see that kind of language and sentiment being expressed for other nations. It is simply because we consider that we have exemption from moral and political correctness when it comes to Pakistan. And rightly so.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Borrowing the last sentence above: I think we should all make it very clear that we have exemption from political and moral correctness when it comes to Pakistan.

Defcon1 should ask himself why we do not see that kind of language and sentiment being expressed for other nations. It is simply because we consider that we have exemption from moral and political correctness when it comes to Pakistan. And rightly so.
I believe this is the justification you give to yourself when you feel morally guilty for being offensive against others. If it keeps you satisfied, it is very good. But I believe in changing my behavior so that I do not have to give such lame justifications as "Pakistan is exempted from moral and political correctness" to myself.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I believe this is the justification you give to yourself when you feel morally guilty for being offensive against others. If it keeps you satisfied, it is very good. But I believe in changing my behavior so that I do not have to give such lame justifications as "Pakistan is exempted from moral and political correctness" to myself.
Neither do I feel "morally guilty" nor do I try to "justify things to myself". You ought to understand the meaning of these words and phrases that you are using.

According to me, Pakistan ought to be exempted from moral and political correctness by Indians, and with good reason. The statement is clear enough.

blank_quest

Country flag
Has anyone read Betrand Russell's - Power. It tells the very basic instinct of morality and polity between Nations as a cloak for asserting the propaganda of self-interest. Be it anything. A good readable.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Neither do I feel "morally guilty" nor do I try to "justify things to myself". You ought to understand the meaning of these words and phrases that you are using.

According to me, Pakistan ought to be exempted from moral and political correctness by Indians, and with good reason. The statement is clear enough.
Going by that logic, would you also exempt Ajmal Kasab from moral and political correctness? If yes, then perhaps you consider that giving him a fair trail is a waste of time any terrible thing that Indians do with him shouldn't be considered as wrong, isn't it?

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
OK now we are fighting each other here. I may have jumped the gun before but I think I agree with Defcon to some extent, here. There should be some difference between a Paki and an Indian. Just because they are animals, does not mean we have to lower ourselves to their level. S. M. Krishna and Congress will destroy this country though.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Going by that logic, would you also exempt Ajmal Kasab from moral and political correctness? If yes, then perhaps you consider that giving him a fair trail is a waste of time any terrible thing that Indians do with him shouldn't be considered as wrong, isn't it?
Azmal Kasab is a terrorist, he was working for his religion and so he is exempted from moral correctness in Pakistan and his fellow Muslims, it would be an exemption for Indians to hang him before public in an open road.

Come on! We are talking about an enemy country who is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Indian and others through wars, jihad and terrorism. Pakistan is a cancer which must bleed to death by thousand cuts, and if we fail the whole world will see a new wave of terrorism.

Even Lord Krishna didn't tolerate the 100th mistake of Shishupal.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Azmal Kasab is a terrorist, he was working for his religion and so he is exempted from moral correctness in Pakistan and his fellow Muslims, it would be an exemption for Indians to hang him before public in an open road.

Come on! We are talking about an enemy country who is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Indian and others through wars, jihad and terrorism. Pakistan is a cancer which must bleed to death by thousand cuts, and if we fail the whole world will see a new wave of terrorism.

Even Lord Krishna didn't tolerate the 100th mistake of Shishupal.
So you consider public hanging of kasab as fair. Yes or No?

Global Defence

Articles