Pakistan Fears Rise in Indian Defense Budget

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Pakistan Fears Rise in Indian Defense Budget.....
New Delhi rationale for increasing the defence budget is;consistent with the shift in the Indian government;s ideology to more nationalistic elements under Prime Minister Narendra Modi;, said a Pakistani daily Monday.The Nation asked in an editorial:;Will Pakistan view the Indian government&#;s decision to spend $3.5 billion on modernising the military as a threat to the delicate balance of power between the two nations? If they do, how will they respond?;

It also asked whether Pakistan can;really afford to indulge in another battle for supremacy in armaments when a host of other problems including energy and water crisis and the relocation of displaced people, are issues that will not be solved by spending large sums on advanced weaponry;
The editorial sounded a word of caution when it said that;if Pakistan government is considering increasing military spending to resume the arms race that (Prime Minister Nawaz) Sharif stated was `wasted resources’ last year, they must remember where their priorities lie;.
;The Indian government&#;s rationale for increasing the defence budget by 12 percent to defend the borders of the country is consistent with the shift in the Indian government&#;s ideology to more nationalistic elements under (Indian) Prime Minister Narendra Modi,; it said.
The daily also noted that the;BJP led government is probably not basing this choice solely on the threat they fear from Pakistan, and China will have been just as much of a concern for Modi&#;s government in their consideration for increasing military spendingThe editorial went on to say that Nawaz Sharif has;been urging to improve ties with India;.;But it is also important to remember how the Nawaz government reacted to Operation Shakti in May 1998. When India conducted five nuclear tests, Pakistan conducted six,; the editorial concluded.

Pakistani daily concerned over India’s hiked defence budget | idrw.org

Blackwater

Pakistan Fears Rise in Indian Defense Budget.....
New Delhi rationale for increasing the defence budget is;consistent with the shift in the Indian government;s ideology to more nationalistic elements under Prime Minister Narendra Modi;, said a Pakistani daily Monday.The Nation asked in an editorial:;Will Pakistan view the Indian government&#;s decision to spend $3.5 billion on modernising the military as a threat to the delicate balance of power between the two nations? If they do, how will they respond?;

It also asked whether Pakistan can;really afford to indulge in another battle for supremacy in armaments when a host of other problems including energy and water crisis and the relocation of displaced people, are issues that will not be solved by spending large sums on advanced weaponry;
The editorial sounded a word of caution when it said that;if Pakistan government is considering increasing military spending to resume the arms race that (Prime Minister Nawaz) Sharif stated was `wasted resources' last year, they must remember where their priorities lie;.
;The Indian government&#;s rationale for increasing the defence budget by 12 percent to defend the borders of the country is consistent with the shift in the Indian government&#;s ideology to more nationalistic elements under (Indian) Prime Minister Narendra Modi,; it said.
The daily also noted that the;BJP led government is probably not basing this choice solely on the threat they fear from Pakistan, and China will have been just as much of a concern for Modi&#;s government in their consideration for increasing military spendingThe editorial went on to say that Nawaz Sharif has;been urging to improve ties with India;.;But it is also important to remember how the Nawaz government reacted to Operation Shakti in May 1998. When India conducted five nuclear tests, Pakistan conducted six,; the editorial concluded.

Pakistani daily concerned over India's hiked defence budget | idrw.org
as if they have to manage or arrange money, all they have to do give call to saudi papa and blackmail them in the name of islam and call chinese papa and black mail them on india

Pulkit

Country flag
as if they have to manage or arrange money, all they have to do give call to saudi papa and blackmail them in the name of islam and call chinese papa and black mail them on india
actually thats exactly what they are gonna do by showing this...
Oh!!! My God... China Papa US Papa Arab Papa see they have close to 40b plz plz plz plz plz give me advance on my pocket money plz...

I really dont understand they know they cannot match our defense and budget ever then why do they cry .. Our inc was just to compensate inflation... + a little extra this time...

We here are saying that its still not enough but inc is good and there these people are crying ....

no smoking

Country flag
Oh!!! My God... China Papa US Papa Arab Papa see they have close to 40b plz plz plz plz plz give me advance on my pocket money plz...
That is how weaker country to survive! Chinese did it, American did it and Indian did it too. Nothing to shame about.

I really dont understand they know they cannot match our defense and budget ever then why do they cry .. Our inc was just to compensate inflation... + a little extra this time...
We here are saying that its still not enough but inc is good and there these people are crying ....
Getting the attention of those countries supporting her: we need more aid otherwise find someone else to do the job!

Pulkit

Country flag
That is how weaker country to survive! Chinese did it, American did it and Indian did it too. Nothing to shame about.

Getting the attention of those countries supporting her: we need more aid otherwise find someone else to do the job!
ok agreed as if they don't cry on development and growth of India no ones gonna notice them....
There identity will be under threat ... okay....:thumb::namaste:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pakistan has good reasons to sit up and fear.

However, defence analysts will realise, even those of Pakistan, that India has has been in a limbo in the 10 years of the UPA Raj, where time and acquisition has stood still.

10 years of impotence has to be righted. This demands a legitimate increase and that too also cater for global inflation.

Hence the increase and hence the alarm of others!

CemmiiLL

this will only pressure Pakistan to feel like it needs to expand its budget as well -- when its actor starts fueling up, the other will feel less secure and want to do the same

Illusive

Country flag
this will only pressure Pakistan to feel like it needs to expand its budget as well -- when its actor starts fueling up, the other will feel less secure and want to do the same

They already have increased their budget.

Budget 2014: Govt announces 700bn defence budget
Not counting their spending in nuclear weapons and maintaining it.

Increase in Indian budget is natural because its going through a modernization phase just like turkey would modernize its obsolete fleets. It is a expensive transition.

LastProphet

Looking back in the window of past, Pakistan surely will start arm race.... They just can't stop it....their are so many factors which the presenter any civilian government there can't ignore like dominance of army in every aspect of policy making, governments own survival in political arena as other political parties ( if u wish u may read it as HYENA's ) will tear apart the public support from present government coz anti-INDIA sentiments are the main pillar of public support there.

BridgeSeller

Good! That's one way to economically bankrupt a country that is already morally bankrupt. Good idea.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

I didn't think china,India or America trained terrorist and claimed they were non state actors when they were weak.....

rizwan78

Country flag
clapping needs 2 hands ,wat she is saying is true but ur ISI also mis uses those afghan jihadis in kashmir ,funded them with saudis money,equipped them with left over afghan war materials and also equipped ur army with good left over stuff
hehe......northern alliance who was supported by iran, india, russia they use it for good purpose .....hehehe and when we have supported the taliban it was miss used......... hehehe, in Afghanistan taliban who fighting with NATO are labeled terrorists , and the same jihades who are fighting with Syrian army are now called freedom fighters .............pha g manty hain hum choty hain laken itny choty bhe nahe

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Blackwater

hehe......if northern alliance who has been supported by iran, india, russia than it was good used .....hehehe and when we have supported the taliban it was miss used......... hehehe, in Afghanistan taliban who fighting with NATO are labeled terrorists , and the same jihades who are fighting with Syrian army are now called freedom fighters .............pha g manty hain hum choty hain laken itny choty bhe nahe
India has left with no option but to support NA in order to counter ISI support to haqqanis. Whoever fighting in Syria is none of our business. When u support Kashmiri jihad raw support to other was inevitable

its game of cat and mouse

guddun07

They already have increased their budget.

Budget 2014: Govt announces 700bn defence budget
Not counting their spending in nuclear weapons and maintaining it.

Increase in Indian budget is natural because its going through a modernization phase just like turkey would modernize its obsolete fleets. It is a expensive transition.
700bn are u joking??? i mean you are right!!!! if you are talking about that figure in US dollars because 700bn budget is greater than china and equal or maybe more than of america.

guddun07

its their ego,they think that they are greater than india and they can get ahead of india easily only if they want.

shankyz

Country flag
700bn are u joking??? i mean you are right!!!! if you are talking about that figure in US dollars because 700bn budget is greater than china and equal or maybe more than of america.
It's in rupees (PKR) , not dollars ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles