Pakistan army cancels U.S. talks over security checks

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by ifii, Sep 1, 2010.

1. ifii

ifii Tihar Jail Banned

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan's army on Wednesday said it scrapped talks with U.S. military officials after a military delegation sent to Washington had to go through "unwarranted" airport security checks.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More...

3. Solid Beast

Solid Beast New Member

I have an Islamic name and am a visible minority. But I've never had a problem or felt like I was being singled out while flying, and I fly almost monthly. Can I live with the fact that some people lost a few minutes of their precious time, in order to ensure the safe passage of myself and others? F yes.

What made these checks unwarranted? Did security personnel tell the visiting delegation to take off their underwear, hold their breath while counting to 10 and spread their cheeks wide? What the hell was so unwarranted? Perhaps they were going to uncover something they wouldn't like. Well Pakistani citizens everywhere have suffered and received a bad name from the actions of the duplicitous Pakistani government, only fair for these guys to feel the sting of their well conceived policies. Next time security should put a flash light in their ***.

4. ganesh177

ganesh177 Regular Member

Misbehaving with stewardess and telling her its her last flight, what else do you expect to happen ?
    Its US, where clintons and obama's daughter too wont get any special treatment, which our the pakistani delegation failed to comprehend.
    Worse thing it came from someone who represents the nation, how are you going to expect proper treatment for common pakistanis in US.
    Detaintion of delegation is a matter of shame, i must say.

5. Solid Beast

Solid Beast New Member

So far the details are not clear but the article only mentions a security check which all people must go through and not detainment.
    Nobody is detained for no reason, but everyone is checked. The last terror attack attempt in the US stemmed from a Pakistani with recent and direct ties to the military establishment.

6. ganesh177

ganesh177 Regular Member

I have read it from another source.
    Here ..

7. Solid Beast

Solid Beast New Member

Thanks for bringing the whole picture in front of us mate. I too would feel uneasy sitting next to a high ranking Pakistani military delegation on a commercial flight. From a diplomatic and state level perspective this is a pretty hefty slap in the face. But for all the other Pakistanis in this world who've suffered under bad image from these guys, it is a very befitting response. I now believe in Karma.