PAK DA - Russian Fifth Generation Stealth Bomber

trackwhack

I am aware of the program. We will see what comes of it.
Apparently two posts ago you weren't aware of it and used it as a point of argument. Now you want to see what comes of it. Ok, I learnt my lesson about debating with you. Thanks.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Lets discuss it in a technical point of view,

Where will we use a Strategic Bomber?

trackwhack

Lets discuss it in a technical point of view,

Where will we use a Strategic Bomber?
How can you answer that question when we dont know what the future holds? The idea is to be prepared. And being one of the big three in due course requires that level of depth in military assets.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Apparently two posts ago you weren't aware of it and used it as a point of argument. Now you want to see what comes of it. Ok, I learnt my lesson about debating with you. Thanks.
The debate is still on whether they want manned unmanned, bomber or long range strike aircraft.

Let me also talk about both Russia and the US which operates a bomber fleet today.

The US has based all over the world. It allows them to stopover, rearm refuel etc. Soviet Union's large expanse of from Europe to Pacific and its satellite states allowed it to be able to launch bombers against US or Europe its enemies.

India has no bases across the globe. India is not even working to have bases partly because it does not have the capabilities right now and part no will or even use to have so. Even if we consider a 2025 operational Russian Bomber, how exactly will India use it? The Russian bomber is said to have a range of 9000 kms. If at all we had to bomb a target in Europe and come back, how would we achieve it without having bases in Europe or west Asia?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
How can you answer that question when we dont know what the future holds? The idea is to be prepared. And being one of the big three in due course requires that level of depth in military assets.
because without the current application the ambition for a heavy bomber its illogical, first of all we will need an engine to start with. And before the ambition of Big Three we need to master a lots of technology, we even dont have a homemade ARM and PGM to start with and I hope you are not going to bomb enemy nations mango people atleast.

trackwhack

because without the current application the ambition for a heavy bomber its illogical, first of all we will need an engine to start with. And before the ambition of Big Three we need to master a lots of technology, we even dont have a homemade ARM and PGM to start with and I hope you are not going to bomb enemy nations mango people atleast.
Thats why the debate started with - Why are we not co-developing the PAK - DA with the Russians? Of course they have to offer it, for us to get involved.

I've started a new thread on stealth bombers under development by others.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/military-aviation/37699-planned-next-generation-stealth-bombers.html

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I dont think any nation will prefer selling strategic bomber or will be allowed to sell. We will have to go on our own.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
START treaties are for the reduction of strategic arms between Russia and US, selling such a bomber by anyone of them even if possible will be opposed by the other nation.

Folk hero

@ Yusuf what can I say about your this thing can also that logic.

I can find tons use's for a strategic bomber just against pakis and Chinese.

IF i find time I would start a thread about how can we use a Steath Bomber in our present scenario.

trackwhack

@ Folk Hero, Yusuf's real mission as a RAW agent is to get all of us to start thinking critically. Most of his doctrines have huge holes in them that are not very obvious but are there on purpose and for a purpose. He is serving the purpose of waking up a lot of us.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

IF i find time I would start a thread about how can we use a Steath Bomber in our present scenario.
Go ahead. Tell me how.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh

Folk hero a stealth bomber is not necessarily a Strategic bomber.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@ Folk Hero, Yusuf's real mission as a RAW agent is to get all of us to start thinking critically. Most of his doctrines have huge holes in them that are not very obvious but are there on purpose and for a purpose. He is serving the purpose of waking up a lot of us.
Still waiting for a lot of people to wake up :)

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Yes but Strategic is not necessarily nuclear either.
Normally a Nuke is a strategic bomb but if a tactical bomber ferries it the bomber do not turns a strategic bomber,maybe the mission will be named as strategic mission.

trackwhack

Still waiting for a lot of people to wake up :)
The only way to progress is to debate, Yusuf. National interests come above everything else. We both have our perspectives but everybody's end goal is the progress and security of the nation. Thats all that matters ultimately.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles