Only 0.3% of 170 million Pakistanis pay income tax

I_PLAY_BAD

http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBm6KTt?a=1&m=EN-IN

And, this is the current financial data of the supa dupa powa which is going to change/control the whole world in the future. For mullas mocking India's debts and propagandizing this article is an eye (or even brain) opener. First feed your population who are in sewers and then comment about India's financial data.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
F**K this.
Being a pakistani would be so great.
Flats in Dubai, No Tax , Dual Nationality and Business in BD with tax breaks :lol:
No one to chase after my Black money in Switzerland ;)
+ I can cry victim all I want.

I get none of this as Indian + usual anti Hindu hate

I_PLAY_BAD

F**K this.
Being a pakistani would be so great.
Flats in Dubai, No Tax , Dual Nationality and Business in BD with tax breaks :lol:
No one to chase after my Black money in Switzerland ;)
+ I can cry victim all I want.

I get none of this as Indian + usual anti Hindu hate
What you say is similar to "I am a poor guy but my cousin is rich and my relatives show mercy on me. So I need not take care of my house and family. Whenever I am hungry I will go to one of my relatives' home and extend my living."

Pakis can't make a descent living for them and their nation but still feel very proud.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Forget the Pakistanis we too have massive problems as far as tax collections are concerned. Only 3.24crore people here pay tax. Anyone who has any sense will know that another 10% of population hides their income.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
What you say is similar to "I am a poor guy but my cousin is rich and my relatives show mercy on me. So I need not take care of my house and family. Whenever I am hungry I will go to one of my relatives' home and extend my living."

Pakis can't make a descent living for them and their nation but still feel very proud.
All this indian economy booming but I am still poor. :(

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
this means.. 99.7% of Pakistan is RAW agent :p doing anti Paki work :D

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
People would take taxation seriously if there are incentives for those paying taxes and punishment for serious tax evaders mostly elite ones. There should not be any taxes for poor and middle class if they don't earn more than their basic needs. Mostly tax deducted automatically from those middle class people who are on monthly wages

Government should not impose unjust indirect taxes, heavy duties and sales/service taxes on electricity, internet , foreign remittance, gas etc. Even when you top up your mobile balance with 100 rupees then 15 rupees goes to government straight away. They even have 0.3 % tax on every single bank transaction which don't seem fair at all.

I think 2 to 3 percent of Indians pay any income tax. What is the tax free salary in India?

Reactions: Neo

Blackwater

People would take taxation seriously if there are incentives for those paying taxes and punishment for serious tax evaders mostly elite ones. There should not be any taxes for poor and middle class if they don't earn more than their basic needs. Mostly tax deducted automatically from those middle class people who are on monthly wages

Government should not impose unjust indirect taxes, heavy duties and sales/service taxes on electricity, internet , foreign remittance, gas etc. Even when you top up your mobile balance with 100 rupees then 15 rupees goes to government straight away. They even have 0.3 % tax on every single bank transaction which don't seem fair at all.

I think 2 to 3 percent of Indians pay any income tax. What is the tax free salary in India?

First stop reading madarsa books and check from neutral source that how many Indian pay income tax??[emoji38][emoji15]

Tere think karne se kuch nahi hota[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

You're correct only around 3.29 % of our population pays income tax as well. The basic problem with both our nations is the same. The Government will not tax millions of small businessmen, Farmers and holy men for these make up the bulk of the voters, uniquely in the case of Pakistan i would add the hundreds of thousands of members of various Tanzeems who get paid in dollars but pay no Tax simply because the Pakistani government denies their existence.. secondly the prevalence of the Black economy "Hawala" a uniquely South Asian phenomenon in many respects where people use family and tribe/caste connections to undertake monetary transactions completely skirting legal transactions in most cases.
If both these problems are solved the Tax Payer percentage in Pakistan should rise to at least 4-5% of the population while that of India will rise to far higher levels at around 15-20%.

I_PLAY_BAD

Forget the Pakistanis we too have massive problems as far as tax collections are concerned. Only 3.24crore people here pay tax. Anyone who has any sense will know that another 10% of population hides their income.
I differ with you. Do you know how many people earn more than the minimum IT exempted amount and pay tax every year? It is massive, way higher than 3.24 crores. A Government releases data based on how many people have filed their income tax returns and i definitely won't believe it is just 3.24 crores.

I_PLAY_BAD

Taxation is not a luxury but a duty. If every citizen performs his duty fairly then there is no problem. And incentives for tax payers may suit well for developed nations like USA, where tax rates are as high as 30% in few states, but not developing nations like us. Until we develop we should not expect luxury and incentives.

Poor shall not be taxed but middle class, yes, at a lesser rate. Rich and super rich can be taxed more because at least 40% of money earned by any rich guy is by unethical or unjust practices. So I expect them to contribute more for the nation's development.

2 to 3 percent is a hoax. It is way higher than that. I know there are a huge flock of tax evaders in India but still the tax collection is huge. Please look at the Direct and indirect tax collection reports published by GoI every year and enlighten yourself. Without full knowledge please don't make such claims.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I differ with you. Do you know how many people earn more than the minimum IT exempted amount and pay tax every year? It is massive, way higher than 3.24 crores. A Government releases data based on how many people have filed their income tax returns and i definitely won't believe it is just 3.24 crores.
It's fine if you don't believe me but do you believe our Income tax department?
It is an admitted fact that in India, we are lacking tax culture. Despite considerable efforts for widening the tax base, still thenumber of taxpayersin our country, is about 35 million people which is2.9 per centof the over 121 crore population, wherein only 42,800 show annual income over Rs one crore, which is too small for our country. In contrast, in the U.S., about45 per centof the population pays taxes. There are many reasons for this. Part of it has to do with the fact that many Indians do not earn enough annual income to even qualify to pay income tax, but a larger factor has to do with lack of tax culture, as also India's huge rural and underground economies.
http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Charts Tables/Why should I pay tax.htm

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
What is the tax free salary in India?
A taxpayer feels that the tax system in our country is ludicrously complicated, confounding, contradictory, wracked by inefficiency, incompetence and to some extent corruption. However, in contrast with thehighest rate of 97.75 per cent income tax (including surcharge)in seventies, now Indians earning upto Rs. 2.5 Lakhs annually (which cover the overwhelming majority of the country) are exempt for paying any income tax. Those earning between Rs. 2.5 Lakhs and 5 Lakhs are subject to 10 per cent tax; those earning between 5 Lakhs and 1 million rupees, 20 percent tax; and those above 1 million, a 30 percent rate.

I_PLAY_BAD

Who do you believe then? some roadside messiah of taxes?
You don't have to know all this when somebody releases some report. You interact with people, work, communicate and gain common-sense and knowledge. That common-sense is making me not to believe many reports like this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles