Olympics 2012 London

Blackwater

he is one of the friend or Family relation of Our PM ...if PM resign his job this man is also get retire from his job.

Just like 26/11 Intelligence office retire :jaw::jaw:
pm has nothing to do with it, IOA controls all recruitments of coaches
wo baat dosri ha ki IOA is private body and head of IOA is also sardarji who is heading it for the last 100 yrs.

LalTopi

The big question in my mind is why India did so badly in medal terms, after investing so much money on the commonwealth games? I do not believe that this is through lack of talent on the part of the atheletes - it is clear that many of them were just inches away from gold - had they had the proper support the story would have been different. What happened to the billions invested in the CW games? I dont mean just in terms of corruption, but was there no ongoing investment to have a lasting benefical legacy?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The full moon rises through the Olympic Rings hanging beneath Tower Bridge during the London 2012 Olympic Games August 3, 2012.
Is moon likely to be the sixth continent of the earth?

sky

Other guys did good, if I was trying to score cheap points at your expense all I have to do is talk about British economy. :shocked:
Again Trying to look good at the expense of other's as was my original point . You just showed your true colours ,nothing more then someone trolling around trying to big up France . As for the british economy it's not in the rudest off health which is true ,but at least we have our own currency so the risk of default is tiny .

Wait just a few more month's ,when the Euro is bought to the brink of breaking by the P.I.G'S and then tell me how France is doing .

All i can say at this moment and going forward your country and it's neighbours are the most at risk off default . I'm glad we are not where you are with regard's the risk the Euro faces . Must also thank France for looking to introduce 75 % top rate of tax ,the London property market sure need's the fresh injection of cash so Thank you for thinking off us .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Again Trying to look good at the expense of other's as was my original point . You just showed your true colours ,nothing more then someone trolling around trying to big up France . As for the british economy it's not in the rudest off health which is true ,but at least we have our own currency so the risk of default is tiny .
Two points of fact were made correcting misstatements. No Gold was won by British swimmers or divers and that is what was corrected. You are the one trolling after me to defend something that does not require it.

As for the British economy it is in double dip recession, down 4.5% of GDP from its peak and getting much worse. Tax revenues are down £20 billion making deficit reduction impossible leaving same Greek style deficit as last year, actually a little worse GDP% wise thanks to shrinking economy.

The ECB has lowered the value of the euro to help ailing economic growth and aiding PIGS to pay off debts. UK cannot conduct QE on the pound as it is highly dependent on exports outside of its currency zone. It is subject to far worse inflation than the EZ that trade mostly with each other. The results are evident over the course of the Olympics. UK tourist bookings down 20-30% while French summer bookings up 50%. Thanks for adding the Olympics to your debt while we take all the economic benefit.

Wait just a few more month's ,when the Euro is bought to the brink of breaking by the P.I.G'S and then tell me how France is doing .
PIGS have their deficits meeting most targets... unlike poor UK running Greek crisis style deficits and declining tax revenues. France is at 4.5% deficit well on its way to the marked 3%. How are you doing with your 8.2% edging up to 9%?

All i can say at this moment and going forward your country and it's neighbours are the most at risk off default . I'm glad we are not where you are with regard's the risk the Euro faces . Must also thank France for looking to introduce 75 % top rate of tax ,the London property market sure need's the fresh injection of cash so Thank you for thinking off us .
Actually you are at the most risk of default. You are the only EU nation not getting deficits under control. As your national debt climbs your credit rating will decrease, debt servicing increase and no one can bail out a debt so large as the UK.

75% tax on rich has been "postponed"...

Budget Minister Cahuzac said:
"Once the country has been put back on the rails it may be more prosperous and more just, the question will then arise."
It was all an election ploy so don't expect too many packed bags. London property market is in a bubble... why would you want fresh injection of cash?

sky

Two points of fact were made correcting misstatements. No Gold was won by British swimmers or divers and that is what was corrected. You are the one trolling after me to defend something that does not require it.

As for the British economy it is in double dip recession, down 4.5% of GDP from its peak and getting much worse. Tax revenues are down £20 billion making deficit reduction impossible leaving same Greek style deficit as last year, actually a little worse GDP% wise thanks to shrinking economy.

The ECB has lowered the value of the euro to help ailing economic growth and aiding PIGS to pay off debts. UK cannot conduct QE on the pound as it is highly dependent on exports outside of its currency zone. It is subject to far worse inflation than the EZ that trade mostly with each other. The results are evident over the course of the Olympics. UK tourist bookings down 20-30% while French summer bookings up 50%. Thanks for adding the Olympics to your debt while we take all the economic benefit.

PIGS have their deficits meeting most targets... unlike poor UK running Greek crisis style deficits and declining tax revenues. France is at 4.5% deficit well on its way to the marked 3%. How are you doing with your 8.2% edging up to 9%?

Actually you are at the most risk of default. You are the only EU nation not getting deficits under control. As your national debt climbs your credit rating will decrease, debt servicing increase and no one can bail out a debt so large as the UK.

75% tax on rich has been "postponed"...

It was all an election ploy so don't expect too many packed bags. London property market is in a bubble... why would you want fresh injection of cash?
The reason we had high inflation over the last 2 years was due to QE so your wrong again . £ 200 billion and counting .

You may have postponed 75% tax for high earners ,but the rich can see which way the wind is blowing and inquires to estate agents in London are real .

Please remind me which country the rating's agencies have lost stripped the coveted AAA from . For your benefit that's a sign they are losing faith in France .

We can print more £££££££££ at our will can you do the same for your currency ,thats why the chance of default is tiny .

Yes inflation will rise if we print more ££££££££ but inflation is edging down at the moment .

If the PIG'S are meeting there target's why are they looking as if they need a full blown bail out . Spain and grease will be the first to ask for bailout's, then the dominos will fall. I'm happier where we are then where you are ,so please look within rather then outward .

It will be a interesting few month's leading up to xmas for Europe i mean .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The reason we had high inflation over the last 2 years was due to QE so your wrong again . £ 200 billion and counting .

You may have postponed 75% tax for high earners ,but the rich can see which way the wind is blowing and inquires to estate agents in London are real .

Please remind me which country the rating's agencies have lost stripped the coveted AAA from . For your benefit that's a sign they are losing faith in France .

We can print more £££££££££ at our will can you do the same for your currency ,thats why the chance of default is tiny .

Yes inflation will rise if we print more ££££££££ but inflation is edging down at the moment .

If the PIG'S are meeting there target's why are they looking as if they need a full blown bail out . Spain and grease will be the first to ask for bailout's, then the dominos will fall. I'm happier where we are then where you are ,so please look within rather then outward .

It will be a interesting few month's leading up to xmas for Europe i mean .
I was never wrong except for thinking BoE would commit suicide by QE... £375 billion and counting.

S&P is the only one and also stripped USA. UK is next...

UK could face AAA rating downgrade | Latest News | Insurance Times

Inflation is down because the Chinese economy has tanked. With this major injection of QE3 you will see it go back up again.

Because PIGS are in recession, just like you are in double dip recession. We have been talking about bailouts for years... when does it happen? Maybe you will need one first with stripped credit ratings?

It will be an interesting week with much UK economic data coming in... expectations don't look positive. :scared1:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

OWNED :pound::lawl:

Blackwater

ok guys guess which city will bag 2020 Olympic hosting

Azz ju know finalist cities are

1) Istanbul, Pakistan

2) Tokyo, Japan

3) Madrid, Spain

Who will win hosting and WHY

LalTopi

Have the Pakistanis taken over Turkey now?

Last I heard Istanbul was owned by Turkey ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Blackwater

Have the Pakistanis taken over Turkey now?

Last I heard Istanbul was owned by Turkey ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

pakistan being a thakedar of islam own islam and their countries

LalTopi

Listen boys. Both countries are in the sh!t, so its a bit pointless talking about whose sh!it stinks the most.
From where we are in the UK, France looks to be more vulnerable, but from over the channel you guys obviously have the opposite view. Either way its a bit pointless arguing. Also, just about every country is in the sh!t, so I suggest we get back on to topic and abuse each other over medals and cheating in the games etc.

B.T.W. I still want to know why India did so badly and got no benefit after the CWG.

LalTopi

pakistan being a thakedar of islam own islam and their countries
Seriously, I assume it is Turkey bidding? unless they are introducing suicide bombing as a new sport in the Pak games.

Why is India not bidding? Politicians had enough?

LalTopi

Some trashy reporting from the Guardian. Worth reading the comments section for readers opinions. Unfortunatly some people in England think they are ruling the waves again just because they staged a good Olympics. Sad.

London 2012: Indiafeels frustration of great nation with small returns | Sport | The Guardian

Our mediocrity is there for all to see." The headline in India's Mail Today on Wednesday summed up neatly the frustration many Indians feel about their country's somewhat flaccid Olympic campaign.

A nation of 1.2 billion people and between them they have mustered a measly four medals: one silver and three bronze. Even Grenada (population 110,000) managed a gold. At one point the 27-year-old Michael Phelps had won more Olympic metal in his short career than India had in more than 100 years of participation. To make matters worse, China, India's great rival in the race to become a future superpower, is in the top two in the medal table.

Hopes were high when the 83-strong India team landed at Heathrow two weeks ago. "Watch out! India is ready to make its mark in London" yelled the cover of The Week, an Indian magazine. There seemed genuine belief that the millions invested in Indian sporting talent by Britain's richest man, expat Lakshmi Mittal, could finally bear fruit.

Before the Games opened, Indians enjoyed pouring scorn on the organisational skills of their colonial rivals. "Another blooper" said the Times of India following the furore over empty seating, a pleasing example of Indians clinging on to vocabulary most "Britishers" left behind in the Raj.

The Indian archers were unhappy with their digs and particularly the indignity of sharing a toilet between six.

S Kannan, Mail Today's ponytailed "Reporter at Large", reported back on strange British customs such as not drinking and driving and the difficulty in obtaining an over-the-counter blood sugar test when you've eaten too much cake (middle class Indians can be dreadful hypochondriacs).

Meanwhile, the sports minister Ajay Maken boasted on Twitter that "everyone" he had spoken to rated the Commonwealth Games village in Delhi better than its London counterpart. India has apparently forgotten what most others remember about the 2010 Delhi games: the collapsed bridge, the mass food poisoning, the Scottish team declaring their accommodation "unfit for human habitation".

No matter. The schadenfreude turned to disappointment on day one when the much-hyped Indian archers withered under pressure. Like many of the Indian losers, Jayanta Talukdar said his team had not received the necessary support. "We need a psychologist and a physiotherapist urgently to enhance our confidence as well as mental toughness to face the level of competition in Olympics," he said, after misfiring his arrows and crashing out in the opening round.

India's sole swimmer, Adaveeshaiah Gagan Ullalmath, had a shocker in the 1500m, finishing more than 40 seconds slower than his nearest rival. He didn't have the best preparation: according to one report, he had done much of his training at a cloudy public pool in Bangalore "filled with toddlers in rubber rings and dive-bombing teenagers".

At least he made it to London – unlike any Indian cyclists. Despite Delhi building a state-of-the-art £17m velodrome for the 2010 Commonwealth Games, its doors have been closed ever since. "We had 30-odd riders in 2008. The number has come down to a handful today as most of them have switched to road racing," said Parmod Sharma, an official of the Delhi cycling association.

No wonder India's four medallists have been celebrated as if they had won gold. Boxer Mary Kom won a bronze by default after being beaten by Nicola Adams from Britain in the semi-final on Wednesday night, but the mother of five-year-old twins was still "Magnificent Mary" to all the headline writers.

"Our medallists have done us proud during these Olympic Games. I hope their achievements will spur a new generation of sportspeople," was the Twitter verdict of prime minister Manmohan Singh. Others poked fun at India's lacklustre performance, circulating a poster showing Phelps and the Chinese Olympic squad draped in their medals, juxtaposed with Indians weighed down with blingy jewellery. "We have more gold!" says the caption.

For journalist Sourish Bhattacharyya, India's lack of ambition is a national tragedy. "It was almost comical to see the country erupt into celebration when Saina Nehwal got her badminton bronze," he wrote, grumbling that while the rest of the world gunned for gold, his compatriots seemed happy to settle for the lowest step on the podium.

Some had higher ambitions, though: notably the father of Gagan Narang, the portly shooter who won India's first medal this year (a bronze).

Demonstrating the tough love Indian parents are famed for the world over, he said of his son's achievement: "It's a good achievement, although we expected a gold."

No one had a kind word to say about the national hockey team, who have lost every match. Hockey used to be India's saving grace – 11 of the 22 medals the country has won at the Olympics have been in hockey – but at London they performed the worst since 1920.

"This team doesn't deserve to be at the Olympics. They have let the whole nation down," said former player Mohammad Shahid (Team criticised as India hit new low | DAWN.COM).

Happily, though, India this week won what matters most: on Tuesday they beat Sri Lanka by 39 runs in the T20.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Wonderful result at the end of the day. Absolutely loved it.

With this result, my faith has only grown, come Brazil 2016, and we should be with a double digit haul.

aragorn

Seriously, I assume it is Turkey bidding? unless they are introducing suicide bombing as a new sport in the Pak games.

They need time. It takes time to deposit all the money they got from common wealth games in swiss bank.

Blackwater

Turkey,japan and spain are three finalist of biddidng

Global Defence

New threads

Articles