Official-authorized Leak: "Chinese first Phased Array Radar finished in 2008"

Discussion in 'China' started by badguy2000, Oct 7, 2009.

1. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

the leak is posted on Aviationnow.cn,a official website. the article mainly is used to praise a outstanding chinese scientist working for a cetain chinese military complex.but some sections of the article leaks some interesting casesa about the development of chinese PAR (Phased Array Rader).

here is my translation

3. badguy2000

here is my digestions of the offically authorized leak:
    1. the engine and the rader once were the two tech barriers of CHinese 5G bird ,J-X project.
    but now the problem of Radar has be sovled ,with the finish of the Phased array rader.
    " When the X aircraft project got approval , I once got worried about two cases: one was the engine, the other was the radar. judging from the report today, the problem of the radar now has been solved."

2. the phased array radar is not only the necessary radar of PLA's J-X projects,but also the optional radar for the upgrade plans of PLA's 4G birds in service, such as J11 and J10.

it also fix a consolidated base for CHinese X aircraft project. It is a milestone that the time to impove the capacity of PLA X generation aircraft has come!"

4. ppgj

ppgj Senior Member Senior Member

please do post the tech details of the PAR. if what the article says is right, even if it is basic AESA radar, then it is good beginning for china.

5. badguy2000

well, guy ,that is all....officially-authorized leaks always have no details but a lots of "X project" ,"X aircraft"....

6. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I would hold on to my hats even now.

Anyways, the article does not mention if it's AESA or PESA. Phased array applies to both.

It would need official confirmation, until then it remains China's Area 51.

7. badguy2000

I think it should be AESA...PESA is too outdated to any 5G bird that J-X will not opt for PESA.

" When the X aircraft project got approval , I once got worried about two cases: one was the engine, the other was the radar. judging from the report today, the problem of the radar now has been solved."

8. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

We can't keep thinking based on assumptions on a flimsy report. It could be either one.

9. Martian

Martian Respected Member Senior Member

China already has AESA radars on the 052C destroyers and KJ-2000 AWACS. Is the technical achievement in the shrinking of the (assumed?) AESA radar for a fighter jet?

10. rockdog

rockdog Guest