Odisha, Bihar growing faster state in India than Gujarat

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Did people even read the article?

Again , I repeat, even if the growth is true, It is on Nominal terms and not Real terms.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Did people even read the article?

Again , I repeat, even if the growth is true, It is on Nominal terms and not Real terms.
I give up:wave::bounce:
Bihar has the highest real GDP growth too. Expected since the base is quite low

Second, Bihar has recorded the highest GSDP growth (13.1 per cent) in 2011-12. Notwithstanding the high growth, it has witnessed fall from still higher levels of growth (14.8 per cent) in 2010-11.
Business Line : Opinion : Slowdown, seen from the States

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
That's good news put out with hope to rise hatred towards others, At the end it means INDIA is growing fast to kick China economically.

Hoooo i forgot what else TOIlet can give to our Nation than such master peace,

And to the Editor "Please go to Gujarat for a tour and stay 1 week and go to Odisha and Bihar after that for 1 week you will know the difference rather ranting like mad dog"

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Bihar has the highest real GDP growth too. Expected since the base is quite low

Business Line : Opinion : Slowdown, seen from the States
Again Its only Bihar right? I never had any issues with bihar shown to be the leading state.

What about Odisha.
Also, what about While the state government has still not handed over the data of gross state domestic product (GSDP) for the last financial year to the Government of India, its own budget documents reveal that the GSDP growth in 2011-12 over the previous year, at current prices, was 15.20 per cent.
Again. Read through the article. It speaks about the Current Prices growth ONLY(which is nominal growth)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Bottom-line is that even Bihar is on the path of Growth and we should all be happy......However, I am saddened by the dismal position of Uttar Pradesh and Non-Konkan Maharashtra! No disrespect, however I have found the people of these regions reasonably dumb when it comes to choosing their "leaders" to power. Their understanding of national and local politics revolve around god knows what issues!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Odisha and Bihar are relatively backward states and therefore have a lower base on which to grow and therefore the growth rate of them appear higher. Comparison with other states in such terms is futile and useless.

Consider the example of a wealthy man (Gujarat) with 100 crores wealth earning 10 crores versus a another man (Bihar) having a wealth of 100 lakhs earning 15 lakhs. Now who is earning more?
what about maharashtra ?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Yes and the data from both articles match.

Edit: Delhi has 2nd fastest growth rate :D
:facepalm: How does 7.18% growth of Odisha greater than that of Gujarat(which i believe will be around some 9+% atleast)?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I am saddened by the dismal position of Uttar Pradesh and Non-Konkan Maharashtra! No disrespect, however I have found the people of these regions reasonably dumb when it comes to choosing their "leaders" to power. Their understanding of national and local politics revolve around god knows what issues!
I second that:heh::truestory:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Again, I'm talking about the Hindu article. Not the one from ToI
Then i have no issues with you. My posts were against the TOI-let paper and those who believe it on sight without even reading the content:nod:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Every one seems to be jealous or trying to bench mark gujarat . Why this Kolaveri?

Coalmine

Country flag
IMHO The real leader will be one who can improve agriculture. Industrial growth is easy by constructing some factories if there is no land acquistion problem. So bjp ruled states win easily in that.

ninja85

Re: Nitish steals Modi's growth thunder, but Guj still miles ahead

i can't stop :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: when i read the title.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles