NSA whistleblower Snowden seeks asylum in India: WikiLeaks

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
In reference to the subject of ther thread, most (if not all) countries require an applicant for asylum to be on the soil of the country applied to. That would include diplomatic posts. I can't think of any exceptions.

[PDF]https://openaccess.leidenuniv.nl/bitstream/handle/1887/16699/04.pdf[/PDF]

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
In reference to the subject of ther thread, most (if not all) countries require an applicant for asylum to be on the soil of the country applied to. That would include diplomatic posts. I can't think of any exceptions.
That is the reason that several of the countries that denied asylum have mentioned. India on the other hand has denied asylum saying that there is "no reason" to accede to Snowden's request. Also the asylum request to Russia was withdrawn after Mr. Putin said Snowden should "stop harming our US partners" :lol:

nimo_cn

Country flag
:sarcastic::sarcastic:

care to explain :hookah::hookah:
Explain what? Explain why India is a victim of American surveillance program?

How about the figure below? Get the point? You are under heavy surveillance of Americans, they are spying you through internet

Indians care about their internet security, don't you? At least that is the impression I got, you bannedZTE, Huawei, and now are banning WeChat in the name of protecting national security.

But now, what the hell? You are on the top of American surveillance list, you people don't even protest. On the contratry, you are defending the program which is being used to spy you.

What kind of mentality is that?

Blackwater

Explain what? Explain why India is a victim of American surveillance program?

How about the figure below? Get the point? You are under heavy surveillance of Americans, they are spying you through internet

Indians care about their internet security, don't you? At least that is the impression I got, you bannedZTE, Huawei, and now are banning WeChat in the name of protecting national security.

But now, what the hell? You are on the top of American surveillance list, you people don't even protest. On the contratry, you are defending the program which is being used to spy you.

What kind of mentality is that?

your pakistan is on top.

for everything else refer my post 18

The Last Stand

Country flag
According to that image, US is spying more on India than Russia :rofl:

I really don't understand.

nimo_cn

Country flag
According to that image, US is spying more on India than Russia :rofl:

I really don't understand.
the penetration of American Internet companies are much deeper in India that in Russia.

India's Internet infrastructure is more dependent on American technology.

Indians speak English while Russians speak Russian.

all of these make it easier to spy on India.

did you notice that north Korea is green?

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Blackwater

Pakistan isn't defending Americans.

what r u talking about??

Pakistan is doing everything from cleaning shoes to sleeping in bed with america. America is still the largest donor of AID to pakistan..

your investment in Pakistan is not more than 3 billion $$ where americans aid is much more..:p:p:p

BTW what u think pakistan dont say anyything on drones? and why the issued visa to black water?why they released raymond davis?

is it not defending america???

Params7

Step backwards for India tbh. The program tracks all phone and internet activity of all the citizens. All what you think you are entitled to under privacy - under a cataloged public domain. If you give the government any reason to dislike you, they can use that information. Its disgusting and will inevitably be exploited if not today much later from now.

nimo_cn

Country flag
what r u talking about??

Pakistan is doing everything from cleaning shoes to sleeping in bed with america. America is still the largest donor of AID to pakistan..

your investment in Pakistan is not more than 3 billion $$ where americans aid is much more..:p:p:p

BTW what u think pakistan dont say anyything on drones? and why the issued visa to black water?why they released raymond davis?

is it not defending america???
how about India? defending American surveillance program which is targetting India, what is that? that is much worse than cleaning one's shoes.

Why are you defending people who have been spying on you? dont you care so much about you national security? or are you having a secret unspeakable crush on America that you actually enjoy their spying?

Blackwater

how about India? defending American surveillance program which is targetting India, what is that? that is much worse than cleaning one's shoes.

Why are you defending people who have been spying on you? dont you care so much about you national security? or are you having a secret unspeakable crush on America that you actually enjoy their spying?

Even ur father also did surveillance/spying on you when u were young and venerable.

is ur father ur enemy??
:p:p:p

nimo_cn

Country flag
Even ur father also did surveillance/spying on you when u were young and venerable.

is ur father ur enemy??
:p:p:p
America is India's father?

Man, this is stunning news!

Blackwater

America is India's father?

Man, this is stunning news!

Well america is big boss of this world ?

but u did not answer my post 34

for everything else pls refer my post 18

Last edited:

amoy

the penetration of American Internet companies are much deeper in India that in Russia.

India's Internet infrastructure is more dependent on American technology.

Indians speak English while Russians speak Russian.

all of these make it easier to spy on India.

did you notice that north Korea is green?

Recall a poster writes only 10ï¼… of Indians know English, perhaps the cream of India. But on DFI all Indians have a good command of English.

Acording to the map Iran tops the snooping from Uncle. But why Saudi and Egypt?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

The Last Stand

Country flag
Recall a poster writes only 10ï¼… of Indians know English, perhaps the cream of India. But on DFI all Indians have a good command of English.
That number is close to 40% but perhaps only 5% have perfect English like @ray. Literacy is 74%, but still it is for regional languages. For the bold part, not always. Look at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Three weeks after Julian Assange told TOI exclusively that India should not hesitate to give Edward Snowden asylum, the NSA whistleblower has now officially asked India for political protection from the US.
Assange is quite arrogant and thinks he is morally superior to everyone.

Instead of blasting out asylum requests to many countries, Snowden should have analyzed which country was most likely to admit him.

The countries he petitioned now can all expect somebody else will accept his request - - it's basic psychology.

Blackwater

Acording to the map Iran tops the snooping from Uncle. But why Saudi and Egypt?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
that must be pakistan:p:p:p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles