New China map shows Arunachal Pradesh as part of Tibet

Neo

Actually since you are not conversant with the Indian Independence Act of the British Parliament you write so.

An Instrument of Accession was the valid document to join India or Pakistan.
J&K signed the Instrument of Accession in favour of India.

There it is Pakistan which is the occupier.

Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is what is appropriate a term.
The will of the Kashmiri people has been ignored from the beginning. What is a piece of paper sigbed by a hindu raja under questionable circumstances which does not have consent of millions of Kashmiris? The day they get the right to chose for themselves you will lose Kashmir. Most Kashmiris eant to be independant and not be part of India or Pakistan.

bose

Country flag
Re: New China map shows Arunachal Pradesh as part of Tibet Read more

Add Indian Occupied Kashmir to the list...
India did not occupy anyone's land and Kashmir is India for last 5000 years...

There is peace in Kashmir... no one stops any Kashmiris from keeping fasts in Ramadan or religious freedom... unlike you find in Xinjiang...

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

There is peace in Kashmir... no one stops any Kashmiris from keeping fasts in Ramadan or religious freedom... unlike you find in Xinjiang...
That is true that Muslims of Xinjiang are not allowed to be Muslim or do their religious rites.

Surprising that Pakistanis who think they are the thekedars of Islam, turn a blind eye.

Ambivalent Islam in Pakistan?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The will of the Kashmiri people has been ignored from the beginning. What is a piece of paper sigbed by a hindu raja under questionable circumstances which does not have consent of millions of Kashmiris? The day they get the right to chose for themselves you will lose Kashmir. Most Kashmiris eant to be independant and not be part of India or Pakistan.
Again you show your ignorance of history.

The Maharaja was most reluctant to sign the Instrument. He did not want to relinquish his power over his Kingdom.

It was Sheik Obdullah who forced him to do so,

I think the Sheik was a Muslim.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The day you stop carpet bombing the NWFP, Balochistan, Wazirthan and changing the demography of Balwaristan, you will become a postage stamp!

Last edited:

Otm Shank

Add Indian Occupied Kashmir to the list...
The kashmir issue has seemed to have a much more adverse effect on pakistan than India

Would pakistan be so unstable and militant if kashmir was resolved in the past?

no smoking

Country flag

I find these words are exactly the same as Chinese said about our land.

Yes, you can definitely find "peace" in Kashmir as long as you don't look at those riots and shootings in the street. Of course, that is Pakistan's fault. Blame everything on foreigners.

bose

Country flag

I find these words are exactly the same as Chinese said about our land.
Does not makes any sense... better reply next time...

Yes, you can definitely find "peace" in Kashmir as long as you don't look at those riots and shootings in the street. Of course, that is Pakistan's fault. Blame everything on foreigners.
Same can be said about Xinjiang and TIBET... You agree ??

amoy

Does not makes any sense... better reply next time...

Same can be said about Xinjiang and TIBET... You agree ??
no I for one disagree. in XJ/TB there's a great development visible in such as fabulous infra and bldgs. do google for Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa. in contrast what has GoI done for livelihood of Kashmiris? will u showcase a pic of Srinagar or Leh?

also many groups Hans Huis Mongols Xibes Kazakhs r well aware there'd b no place for them in a ET'stan fantasty hence they'd do whatever for survival! on the contrary Sikhs Hindus pundits whatever have been in exodus fm India occupied J&K (correct me if wrong).

dont try to compare chalk with cheese!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

no I for one disagree. in XJ/TB there's a great development visible in such as fabulous infra and bldgs. do google for Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa. in contrast what has GoI done for livelihood of Kashmiris? will u showcase a pic of Srinagar or Leh?

also many groups Hans Huis Mongols Xibes Kazakhs r well aware there'd b no place for them in a ET'stan fantasty hence they'd do whatever for survival! on the contrary Sikhs Hindus pundits whatever have been in exodus fm India occupied J&K (correct me if wrong).

There is a difference between Tibet and Xinjiang and comparing with Kashmir.

In Tibet and Xinjiang, the Han Chinese Govt at Beijing is the sole authority to decide what is to be done and how.

In Kashmir, the State Govt decides what is to be done and how. And NOT the Union Govt at Delhi.

Article 370 gives them this autonomy that is denied by the Han Chinese to Tibetan and Ughurs, but cosmetically indicates that they are 'Autonomous' Regions!

Of course to you it is Indian Occupied. That is because you have no clue of democratic norms like the Indian Independence Act passed by the British Parliament or Instrument of Accession.

All legality in China is the jackboot imperialism and damn freedom of choice for the people.

Last edited:

aerokan

Country flag

also many groups Hans Huis Mongols Xibes Kazakhs r well aware there'd b no place for them in a ET'stan fantasty hence they'd do whatever for survival! on the contrary Sikhs Hindus pundits whatever have been in exodus fm Indian owned J&K (correct me if wrong).

You may be a bulldog but you have a leash on your neck.. In India, we may be a little 'underdeveloped' by your 'development' standards but atleast we are not leashed and kept in a cage. :taunt:

pmaitra

Pre-partition maps of British India donot show Arunachal Pradesh as part of India.

Aksai Chin was lost in war initiated by India. Why cry over spoilt milk?
Aksai Chin was not lost in the war on 1962. It was lost in the mid fifties.

t_co

You may be a bulldog but you have a leash on your neck.. In India, we may be a little 'underdeveloped' by your 'development' standards but atleast we are not leashed and kept in a cage. :taunt:
Bulldog? Leash?

aerokan

Country flag

Bulldog? Leash?
It means "what good is a golden cage if you are a bird who don't have the freedom to fly free?"

t_co

It means "what good is a golden cage if you are a bird who don't have the freedom to fly free?"
Still confused. How does that relate to China and India?

aerokan

Country flag

Still confused. How does that relate to China and India?
read amoy's post and my response is for that post

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

There were bells on a hill
But I never heard them ringing
No, I never heard them at all
Till there was you

There were birds in the sky
But I never saw them winging
No, I never saw them at all
Till there was you

Then there was music and wonderful roses
They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows
Of dawn and dew

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No, I never heard it at all
Till there was you

Then there was music and wonderful roses
They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows
Of dawn and dew

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No, I never heard it at all
Till there was you
Till there was you
China will never hear the birds or anything that will sing or chirp or fly and soar in individual or societal freedom till the have personal liberties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Compersion

Country flag

@amoy @no smoking

you guys bring up a good questions. wanted to discuss and take it to another level to see what your thoughts are. please do not think of it to be argumentative but about gaining and sharing of knowledge. there is also the unexplored discussion on threats to Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa and they are not wholly from India.

i was thinking the better question to ask is would Bhutan prefer and want to be like areas that contain Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa ... would they prefer to keep their current status. Most notably Tibet if given a choice would most probably prefer to be comparable to Bhutan in the present days and not like Shanghai. Too bad you cannot ask the people of Tibet.

people of kashmir are realizing the benefit of peace on industry and growth and many have become rich and wealthy due to the same. i suppose the same can be said for Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa with the common words "peace" and how that "peace" is maintain. but who are the wealthy in Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa.

Also Kashmir is related to partition of India (and the unfinished business of retaking POK). I suppose like Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa if it was not for India and Indian Armed Forces the development in Kashmir would not be sustainable and in such peaceful, uninhibited and unrestricted demonstration.

But development is about viability not only for show. such development happens if there is a need for that. but that is due to development and economics of a free market especially in peaceful areas. unless it is not.

The differences come when you include the parameters in Kashmir where there continues to be external terrorist and state-actor threats from across the border but things are much better compared to before and also the bigger questions is on article 370 and further internalization for the people of kashmir. There is also a strong border infrastructure geared around external threats (including border fencing and assets). But the same cannot be applied to Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa (no external threats and constitutional provisions).

i am not sure if Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa can demonstrate such peaceful, uninhibited and unrestricted demonstration by way of pictures can they ... but please also use Bhutan to be the comparison and the border infrastructure of Kashmir.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

@amoy @no smoking

you guys bring up a good questions. wanted to discuss and take it to another level to see what your thoughts are. please do not think of it to be argumentative but about gaining and sharing of knowledge. there is also the unexplored discussion on threats to Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa and they are not wholly from India.

i was thinking the better question to ask is would Bhutan prefer and want to be like areas that contain Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa ... would they prefer to keep their current status. Most notably Tibet if given a choice would most probably prefer to be comparable to Bhutan in the present days and not like Shanghai. Too bad you cannot ask the people of Tibet.

people of kashmir are realizing the benefit of peace on industry and growth and many have become rich and wealthy due to the same. i suppose the same can be said for Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa with the common words "peace" and how that "peace" is maintain. but who are the wealthy in Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa.

Also Kashmir is related to partition of India (and the unfinished business of retaking POK). I suppose like Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa if it was not for India and Indian Armed Forces the development in Kashmir would not be sustainable and in such peaceful, uninhibited and unrestricted demonstration.

But development is about viability not only for show. such development happens if there is a need for that. but that is due to development and economics of a free market especially in peaceful areas. unless it is not.

The differences come when you include the parameters in Kashmir where there continues to be external terrorist and state-actor threats from across the border but things are much better compared to before and also the bigger questions is on article 370 and further internalization for the people of kashmir. There is also a strong border infrastructure geared around external threats (including border fencing and assets). But the same cannot be applied to Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa (no external threats and constitutional provisions).

i am not sure if Urumqi and Kashgar and Lhasa can demonstrate such peaceful, uninhibited and unrestricted demonstration by way of pictures can they ... but please also use Bhutan to be the comparison and the border infrastructure of Kashmir.
Please do not make this a 'Kashmiri' problem.

There is no problem with Kashmiris as a whole. Only Kashmiri Muslims.

They wanted the whole Islamic state nonsense remember? Or have you forgotten 1989?

There are what should be today half of Kashmir's population living in exile all over India; and they have NO PROBLEMS being Indians.

Please specify this as a Kashmiri Muslim problem. Not Kashmiri problem as such.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

As for the map, it doesn't convince anyone on this side of the LAC to consider joining China. Not even the biggest village bumpkin in some remote hill of Arunachal or my state Sikkim.

We are Indian and happy to be. Why is it so difficult for the Chinese to understand?

Everything cannot be taken by force and aggression. Printing these maps will only antagonize everyone around you and force them to boost military spending and soil good relations for trade and commerce.

Whether it is us or Philippines or Japan or Vietnam or Indonesia, China is simply ringing the wrong bells.

Mr. Yi visits us to convey his country's regards while PLA enters our side of the Pangong lake in Ladakh as well as Chamoli district in Uttarakhand (a state which is not even your so-called disputed!!).

What is the meaning of this?

This double speak will only make other countries huddle together and make it more difficult for Asia to develop together. China's military prowess is not about pressing others to give land to you. You are doing the opposite of what US did all the years to remain a superpower. It may be stronger than European nations but you really think that Europeans will relinquish land if US was to invade EU countries tomorrow? Hardly. In fact, US will bleed worse than ever and will have to withdraw even in a conventional conflict.

Similarly instead of challenging Europe and US while taking Asia together with you, you are doing the opposite; serving US and EU interests for a weak Asia.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles