Need your Fashion Advice

Which option should Pmaitra go for?

• Total voters

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I like the way the word 'gay' is used!

I had something called a Companion and my daughter told me that Oh my God!, that is a Gay Drink.

I think the wearing ear rings is gay and yet so many wear it and are not gay!
Your Sarcasm is some what legendary. lol..

What do you do if your not drinking?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Actually, Kakhi wont look good because it will conflict with your skin tone and so does brown, the green will definitely look odd, so the gray one looks the best.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Your Sarcasm is some what legendary. lol..

What do you do if your not drinking?

I see a lot of statesmen, politicians and what the 'well dressed men are wearing', wearing pink ties.

I wonder if they are gay.

Nothing sarcastic but when I was a younger in school, those who wore earrings, were taken to be orthodox village folks.

Then I was told later in life that if someone wore a ear ring on the left ear, he was gay.

Nowadays, many wear earring on one ear, left or right, and some wear on both.

And not only that, I have seen chaps wearing studs on their tongue.

I wonder if the confusion that I find I am faced is sarcasm.

I drink water, if that helps. ;)

And anyway, I was asked for my opinion by PM and so I gave it.

You are entitled to your choice.

Green and Khaki have been the colours I wore in my adulthood in my professional capacity. I wonder if that makes me gay!

At best, I am happy that I had the honour to wear both green (OG for uniform) and Khaki for my SD.

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
depends on your skin tone...if your skin tone is lighter then go for dark color...if your skin tone is dark then go for light color..
But if you are not ready to disclose it then go for brown

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If Naomi Campbell can carry off any colour of dress, Maitra, so will you.

What is important is that you should not buy branded clothes, but those which are bespoke!

pmaitra

depends on your skin tone...if your skin tone is lighter then go for dark color...if your skin tone is dark then go for light color..
But if you are not ready to disclose it then go for brown
So you are saying brown goes with everything or is versatile? Thanks. I have a picture of me in the first page plus you have seen my avatar.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I see a lot of statesmen, politicians and what the 'well dressed men are wearing', wearing pink ties.

I wonder if they are gay.

Nothing sarcastic but when I was a younger in school, those who wore earrings, were taken to be orthodox village folks.

Then I was told later in life that if someone wore a ear ring on the left ear, he was gay.

Nowadays, many wear earring on one ear, left or right, and some wear on both.

And not only that, I have seen chaps wearing studs on their tongue.

I wonder if the confusion that I find I am faced is sarcasm.

I drink water, if that helps. ;)

And anyway, I was asked for my opinion by PM and so I gave it.

You are entitled to your choice.

Green and Khaki have been the colours I wore in my adulthood in my professional capacity. I wonder if that makes me gay!

At best, I am happy that I had the honour to wear both green (OG for uniform) and Khaki for my SD.
Well i never wore pink but what does that have to with anything but ray sir what profession requires khaki and green the post man?

A pink tie is ok but dont you think if someone whore a pink jacket like that then he is sending out a signal?

warriorextreme

Country flag
So you are saying brown goes with everything or is versatile? Thanks. I have a picture of me in the first page plus you have seen my avatar.
who would have thought that guy holding gun is you :p
it is advice given by a female friend of mine...and i like brown color and i think it suits most of the people :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well i never wore pink but what does that have to with anything but ray sir what profession requires khaki and green the post man?

A pink tie is ok but dont you think if someone whore a pink jacket like that then he is sending out a signal?
Not the postman, but the person who stands post so that you could sleep comfortable under the blanket of freedom that he provides!

I have seen filmstars wearing pink jackets, though I would not wear it since it is too flashy!

Why is a pink tie OK? I thought pink is gay!

Have you seen chaps wearing pink or red shoes? I have. Can't say I found those very jazzy!

Have you seen modern shoes? They are flat in front where the toe is and is curved up as if they are boats ready for flooded streets!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
On the color pink, it should be noted that as late as 1950's, it was still considered a "boy" colour. Pink was seen as a shade of red, which relates to manly concepts like blood and war. Blue was associated with the Virgin Mary and was seen as a more serene colour reserved for girls (in fact, the traditional colour for wedding dresses used to be blue before Queen Victoria popularized the white dress; all that remained of that is the line calling for "something blue" in the rhyme). Early in WWI, the French Army uniform included bright pink trousers. This was changed when the leaders realized it made them easy targets.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why real macho men are proud to wear pink

What is it about men and pink clothes? As soon as a man reveals a liking for them, the rumours start to fly that he's a bit too keen on musical theatre, if you know what I mean.

The new Oxford English Dictionary even defines pink to mean 'of or associated with homosexuals', as in 'the pink pound'.

The latest victim of this colour prejudice is Peter Spencer, Sky's political correspondent - the one with the mane of white hair, given to expansive hand gestures - who often appears on telly at the weekends.

In the pink: Brad Pitt wears a blush coloured suit at the Cannes Film Festival

David Beckham teams his masculine biker jacket with a pink scarf to soften the look

He likes to wear a cloak over pink shirts and ties, and even has a pink BMW, and two pink houses, in north London and Cornwall. Yet Spencer is very much a ladies' man.

The camp connotations come from the fact that for much of the 20th century pink has been considered a girl's colour, as favoured by Barbie. But if you look back a bit further, it was considered strong and manly, while blue (associated with the Virgin Mary) was seen as delicate and feminine.

To this day, the strapping male rowing teams at Westminster School wear a fondant-fancy coloured kit; legend has it that they had to beat their arch-rivals Eton in a race in 1837 for the privilege of wearing the fashionable colour.

The link between pink and ebullient masculinity has, in some quarters, persisted.

When I was a banker in the mid-Nineties at merchant bank Flemings, I was told on my training course not to wear a pink shirt for fear of looking too flash.

In other words, the opposite of the pretty-in-pink, girly-man cliche held true: a little splash of pink was thought far too red-blooded and testosterone-rich.

(I wonder what they're wearing in the City these days - something in an eye-catching shade of sackcloth and ashes perhaps?)

The same robustly macho associations go for pink handkerchiefs and socks; and I mean screaming bubblegum pink, rather than the dark red, discreet version.

Lurid pink accessories imply a certain type of devil-may-care dandiness - and that's Rex Harrison/Prince Philip/Errol Flynn dandiness, by the way, not the John Inman/Noel Coward variety.

Full-throttle pink outfits, however, are best left to Hollywood pretty boys such as Brad Pitt.

Why real macho men are proud to wear pink | Mail Online

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So, wear what you want.

One has to have the confidence in oneself to carry it through!

Set fashions and not follow them!

Mahatma Gandhi went for talks in the UK with a just a loin cloth!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
So, wear what you want.

One has to have the confidence in oneself to carry it through!

Set fashions and not follow them!
Mahatma Gandhi went for talks in the UK with a just a loin cloth!
Today TSA would fight over M.K.Gandhi and his loin cloth.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

What is it about men and pink clothes? As soon as a man reveals a liking for them, the rumours start to fly that he's a bit too keen on musical theatre, if you know what I mean.
I had a nice pair of pink cavalry twill trousers until the goddamn dry cleaner ruined them.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The new Oxford English Dictionary even defines pink to mean 'of or associated with homosexuals', as in 'the pink pound'.

The latest victim of this colour prejudice is Peter Spencer, Sky's political correspondent - the one with the mane of white hair, given to expansive hand gestures - who often appears on telly at the weekends.

In the pink: Brad Pitt wears a blush coloured suit at the Cannes Film Festival

David Beckham teams his masculine biker jacket with a pink scarf to soften the look

He likes to wear a cloak over pink shirts and ties, and even has a pink BMW, and two pink houses, in north London and Cornwall. Yet Spencer is very much a ladies' man.

The camp connotations come from the fact that for much of the 20th century pink has been considered a girl's colour, as favoured by Barbie. But if you look back a bit further, it was considered strong and manly, while blue (associated with the Virgin Mary) was seen as delicate and feminine.

To this day, the strapping male rowing teams at Westminster School wear a fondant-fancy coloured kit; legend has it that they had to beat their arch-rivals Eton in a race in 1837 for the privilege of wearing the fashionable colour.

The link between pink and ebullient masculinity has, in some quarters, persisted.

When I was a banker in the mid-Nineties at merchant bank Flemings, I was told on my training course not to wear a pink shirt for fear of looking too flash.

In other words, the opposite of the pretty-in-pink, girly-man cliche held true: a little splash of pink was thought far too red-blooded and testosterone-rich.

(I wonder what they're wearing in the City these days - something in an eye-catching shade of sackcloth and ashes perhaps?)

The same robustly macho associations go for pink handkerchiefs and socks; and I mean screaming bubblegum pink, rather than the dark red, discreet version.

Lurid pink accessories imply a certain type of devil-may-care dandiness - and that's Rex Harrison/Prince Philip/Errol Flynn dandiness, by the way, not the John Inman/Noel Coward variety.

Full-throttle pink outfits, however, are best left to Hollywood pretty boys such as Brad Pitt.

Why real macho men are proud to wear pink | Mail Online

They are not macho men, they're "metrosexuals..." half-step away from being gays. I have no sympathies for them. :cool2:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But are leaders of their pack!

pmaitra

They are not macho men, they're "metrosexuals..." half-step away from being gays. I have no sympathies for them. :cool2:
I totally second that.

I am not a great fan of other metro-sexual excuses of being totally shaven (save the eyebrows). I like facial hair, moustache and beard, but well maintained and groomed; with hair on the head, I like it short, like in the army.

Very elegant with facial hair:

Military man's moustache:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles