My job is to speed up India's nuclear strike time, DRDO chief

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Re: My job is to speed up India's nuclear strike time, DRDO chief says

No It means China will be wiped out in 10 mins after Pakis start a stupid war. With no BMD capability and low quality radars china is sitting duck. Well it will give new meaning to roast peking duck.
H
We will be going in for our version of dead hand system where any nuke attack by Pakistan will result in launching of all our nukes to Pak first (lets say 40 percent) and then on China ( rest of 60 percent) after half an hour. This will result in China putting greater pressure to act in proper manner.

I think this type of system will keep peace in this part of world.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

H
We will be going in for our version of dead hand system where any nuke attack by Pakistan will result in launching of all our nukes to Pak first (lets say 40 percent) and then on China ( rest of 60 percent) after half an hour. This will result in China putting greater pressure to act in proper manner.

I think this type of system will keep peace in this part of world.
Do you think a nation will use all its nukes ?
I think a certain % will be kept aside for the future.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Do you think a nation will use all its nukes ?
I think a certain % will be kept aside for the future.
Half of the work is done by bluff.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Things are different, I am not against your view..

But there are things which are better off forum..

For all these years, our nuke strategy was to make sure all components are scattered around to prevent total destruction by first strike. If we were attacked,

t_co

No It means China will be wiped out in 10 mins after Pakis start a stupid war. With no BMD capability and low quality radars china is sitting duck. Well it will give new meaning to roast peking duck.
Awww, you're saying India will nuke China if Pakistan nukes it, even if China has not declared hostilities?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Awww, you're saying India will nuke China if Pakistan nukes it, even if China has not declared hostilities?
Yeah it look stupid but it is insurance policy for us.

t_co

Yeah it look stupid but it is insurance policy for us.
Why not threaten to nuke America while you're at it then?

America, after all, is the country that can best change Pakistan's behavior or defang its nuclear arsenal, given that they have drones and helos loaded with special ops flying in and out of Pakistani airspace all the time...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

America, after all, is the country that can best change Pakistan's behavior or defang its nuclear arsenal, given that they have drones and helos loaded with special ops flying in and out of Pakistani airspace all the time...
You guys are bed partners, plus easy for us to lauch nukes at you, as you have giventhem missiles. So you are in better position to give them very strong advice.

Patriot

Country flag

Indian political leadership is simply not geared to take hard security decisions.
When war starts the PM shall be made to take such decision, whether he has balls or no balls, at such juncture army commanders are called shots & PM has to make decisions as per the report given by them.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Yusuf bhai that is not the case, we have a system where three components are kept separated, three components are missile with SFC, nuke trigger with DRDO and Nuke core with BARC. These three things are kept separated, but that does not mean that they are in different locations they might be in same city. In the present system their is alert levels, last stage is where all of the three are kept in different location under their respective organisation, then when the first alert is raised, all three come to single location, next stage is when the all three are mated and the final stage is where launch orders are given by SFC. (this was posted about 15 years ago in India today)

So technically it wont be days or week for counter nuke strike, they might get it on the same day.
What about the submarines and ships ??

Can the three elements be kept separated ?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

American do not provided missiles and nuclear designs to Pakistan but the Chinese do. In fact every bullet and weapon including nuclear one with Pakistan are in fact Chinese...

I hope I have not exaggerated.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Bhadra what i posted was earlier practice, but with Ship yes we have Dhanush missile capable of launching nuke

official video says so frame 0.56.

With ATV things will change, as live nukes will be on sub in future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Even China keeps nukes in component form and has not gone on any deterrent patrol till now.

India yet to have boomers but already announced deterrent patrols once boomers are operational. So we are moving towards a different posture.

And yes I bet we have more nukes than any western assumption.

t_co

American do not provided missiles and nuclear designs to Pakistan but the Chinese do. In fact every bullet and weapon including nuclear one with Pakistan are in fact Chinese...

I hope I have not exaggerated.
http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/army/regiments/ssg.html

You're saying all those M-16s in Pakistani hands are Chinese-made?

Let's not forget all those F-16s, C-130s, FIM-92s, UH-1s, M109s, as well as AH-1s in the Pakistani inventory. Are they all from China as well?

t_co

You guys are bed partners, plus easy for us to lauch nukes at you, as you have giventhem missiles. So you are in better position to give them very strong advice.
India isn't even a member of NPT, and you want India to commit unprovoked acts of aggression on third parties in the event of a nuclear conflict. :lol:

Leaving aside soft power, this is also a pretty bad idea.

China can throw nearly twelve times the megatonnage of nuclear warheads at India that India can throw back at China, and Chinese warhead designs are accurate and miniaturized, thanks to technical data lifted from Los Alamos and reverse-engineered for the past fifteen years or so.

Indo-Pak = losing maybe 10 or 12 major Indian cities and major military installations. Add in China, and that means losing every Indian city with a population higher than half a million people, plus every military installation and major industrial center, while China loses a few major cities and suffers heavy damage to a few more. Postwar Japan shows us that major cities can be rebuilt, provided an industrial base (or overseas industrial partner) is intact.

China will have both in the aftermath of an unprovoked nuclear attack from India.

India won't.

Even if the world hates China, nobody would want to set a precedent where nations can drag each other into nuclear war for no good reason, especially big boys like Russia or the US that share nuclear tech on a far more active basis than China does.

If India does commit to such a course, the odds of a nuclear conflict will drastically tilt against it.

bose

Country flag

Awesome, that means the next Indo-Pakistani war will make China's southern flank safe for the next twenty years in less than twenty minutes.
India will make sure that China gets nuked too even in case of Indo Pak exchange... The simple reason is that it is China that helped Pak in Nuclear & Missile tech so it must not excape total destruction along with South Asia...

t_co

India will make sure that China gets nuked too even in case of Indo Pak exchange... The simple reason is that it is China that helped Pak in Nuclear & Missile tech so it must not excape total destruction along with South Asia...
Total destruction?

China actually has ABM systems capable of shooting down a large chunk of the 30-100 warheads India could spare for China in such an event. China may lose a few major cities, but India would be wiped out in a Chinese counterstrike. That's not a very smart trade.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

With 350km range and 500kg payload, Dhanush is useless as a deterrent. It is a tactical missile at best.

Bhadra what i posted was earlier practice, but with Ship yes we have Dhanush missile capable of launching nuke

official video says so frame 0.56.

With ATV things will change, as live nukes will be on sub in future.

Last edited by a moderator:

bose

Country flag

Total destruction?
Why not if India have to go down it will take China with it...

China actually has ABM systems capable of shooting down a large chunk of the 30-100 warheads India could spare for China in such an event. China may lose a few major cities, but India would be wiped out in a Chinese counterstrike. That's not a very smart trade.
You are boasting too much here!!!

Your Chinese ABM or in fact any ABM are not fool proof... first salvo of missiles with dummy war head and then with real war head is way to go head...

In fact India too has an ABM project at very advanced stage and is going to be deployed for major cities by this year end for mid next year...

What made you think that India will be able to spare 30-100 warheads??? do you have any inside information ?? India is making fissile material from late 60's as per my information source who worked in that very agency"¦. India has pretty big stock pile of such fissile material"¦

The problem with China is that it no longer has the capability to hand India a comprehensive defeat, with each passing years India's capability to turn China into a radioactive waste will increase by multiple times"¦

Please make no mistake any Indo – Pak nuclear exchange, if India finds itself going down will be compelled to take China with it"¦ This is the small price China has to pay for helping Pakistan on Missile & Nukes"¦

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

With 350km range and 500kg payload, Dhanush is useless as a deterrent. It is a tactical missile at best.
Arnab first thing our nukes are 500 kg and 1000 kg and now we are getting small nukes of 200 kg and 350 km is good range if you want to launch dhanush at distance towards Pakistan from high sea.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles