MX-4 in service with BSF!!!

AshutoshNSingh

Good find. This apathy to protection runs deep within our mindset. It is likely that he was issued a body armor but decided to take it off, coz it is too heavy and/or hot. I've seen even female CRPF wearing BJs so there is no reason he wouldn't have.
still govt fault. In 21st century today we shd issue lightweight BPJs to our jawans..

kshkumsin

Mx4 has a 9mm ammo, its good for close quarter combats but not in the open.
i don't understand why they r ordering it for the BSF, while patrolling the border BSF guys need ARs not a carbine.
even our old INSAS would do a better job than these for BSF..:confused2:
well i believe they are for policing plus they have a reputation for not jamming

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
This is a clear case of murky defence deal which came out after lobbying of italian mafia using their hold at the centre .Other wise what is there a need for the BSF to order 34000 plus SMGs ie more than 1/10th of the whole bsf force?
Actually what is the main use of a SMG for a force which patrols international border where you get shot from a distance of 1 km or is it to maintain peace in the kashmir valley which is the wild west of subcontinent where bad guys will not stop firing until their last breath.
AFAIK BSF doesnt do any SWAT type jobs like persuading any shop lifters to free the hostages and lay down their weapons:)
Even if BSF wantedd some varieties other than AKMs and INSAS or sterlings in their arsenal their best options were shortened M4s or shortenedd versions of AK100X series weapons which weights less and will surely end up killing the bad guys.

Shirman

Country flag
Guys let me give a back ground for this, i was told the following things when even i saw mx-4 for the first time at firing ranges near Mumbai

1).Originally H&K makers of MP-5 Smgs declined to sell their "units" ie guns to countries which have very high "human rights" records...The Paki Rangers across the border uses mp-5 too for patrolling but POF has the license to manufacture it....

2).H&K sighted some human rights violation incident commited by BSF on INDO-BANGLADESH border...... when we opted for mp-5s.......

3).BSF uses its SMGs for the following purpose patrolling (as seen in the pics posted above) "interception", "Track n chase" for countering Mujahideens, Lashkars n Jihadis coming from our beloved neighbour....Obviously intended for close combat scenario. For cross border firing we use Bulgarian Akms, Insas n (X-95 micro Tavors as shown in Pics).

I have personally seen it firing at the ranges...Its a decent gun more or less in the mp-5 category but has superb select fire shooting capability (atleast during my observation)......

kshkumsin

Guys let me give a back ground for this, i was told the following things when even i saw mx-4 for the first time at firing ranges near Mumbai

1).Originally H&K makers of MP-5 Smgs declined to sell their "units" ie guns to countries which have very high "human rights" records...The Paki Rangers across the border uses mp-5 too for patrolling but POF has the license to manufacture it....

2).H&K sighted some human rights violation incident commited by BSF on INDO-BANGLADESH border...... when we opted for mp-5s.......

3).BSF uses its SMGs for the following purpose patrolling (as seen in the pics posted above) "interception", "Track n chase" for countering Mujahideens, Lashkars n Jihadis coming from our beloved neighbour....Obviously intended for close combat scenario. For cross border firing we use Bulgarian Akms, Insas n (X-95 micro Tavors as shown in Pics).

I have personally seen it firing at the ranges...Its a decent gun more or less in the mp-5 category but has superb select fire shooting capability (atleast during my observation)......
that is what i was trying to say and moreover it is very reliable

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirman

Country flag
The SMG delivered to India are worst than OFB made 9mm carbine..
Kunal Sir, Can u share ur experience it seems u must have seen n may be fired it in flesh.....

My observation was in the relation to the experience thanks to my distant relatives r presently serving in bsf........

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My comment are based from the report where they have highlighted the flaws..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles