The Chairman
Professional
What was this US fear?

Fear of negative reaction?

And what could the US have done?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is all this brouhaha over India keeping the IN and IAF on standby?

sob

Mod
Country flag
This US bogey has been floated by the Govt. to cover their Asss.

It is a simple case of being caught with their pants down, and the now legendary attitude of MMS Govt. to not take any action and let the matter settle down on it's own.

Reminds me of a famous speech in Parliament by PM Vajpaiyee : Not to take a decision is also a decision.

निर्णय ना लेना भी एक निर्णय है

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't think that it was in the interest of the Indian Govt to have fundamentalists take over the Maldives.

It appears that we are our best enemies.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Whoa..... why are we so interested in being surrounded by fundamentalists and Maoists?

pmaitra

It wasn't the US fear, it was the Muslim Vote Bank fear.
Sounds the most logical thing to me. Why on earth will India fear the US? India has intervened there when relations between US and India were much colder and India was much weaker.

What is the point of getting so many weapons, Rafale, Hawk, T-90 blah blah blah.

Our government is very disappointing!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ah! The Muslim vote.

Nothing has happened to Khurshed and nothing will happen.

One more Constitutional Authority like the CVC made a mockery of!

All in the name of Votes!

pmaitra

Also, the current regime is friendly with Gayoom, the ex-President whom India has propped up earlier in the face of an LTTE invasion. Perhaps India could prevail upon him to oversee free and fair elections in Maldives?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The last chap had the maximum legislators and he is a winner.

He has also asked for snap elections.

Gayoom inspired coup cannot dare take up the gauntlet!

debasree

Country flag
beat on my word except nothing from this chicken heart govt of manmohan singh aka mama sonia maino:rolleyes:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
well i would blame it own their constitution where ex-president party did n`t had majority of it own and even struggle to get minister approved by parliament where opposition has more members . why doesn`t make a simple constitution , have a complete presidential or parliamentary form of governance , mixture of both doesn`t works

second why does indian always looses up in dealing with its neighbour . i mean look at nepla right there are struggling to get their constitution. indian IFS brought stupid maoist to government when clearly knew they are our enemy and they would always harbours anti-indian elements. now no one in nepal trust us and they blame us for bringing stupid moaist to mainstream. i think nepal would be second country after israel who wont have their constitution

look at madavies our PM feared americans , now what more proof we want that he is weak and can`t take hard decision himself .clearly we should have supported liberal minded then some religious thugs

how can IFS people who are selected form one of the tougest exam do such stupidity

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
India will not forgive Manmohan Singh and the Congress for letting her image down in the international arena. India is not their inheritance, this country belongs to the people. The people would have wanted a helping hand extended to Nasheed. This incredibly coward and corrupt and weak PM deserves to be lynched.

amitkriit

India will not forgive Manmohan Singh and the Congress for letting her image down in the international arena. India is not their inheritance, this country belongs to the people. The people would have wanted a helping hand extended to Nasheed. This incredibly coward and corrupt and weak PM deserves to be lynched.
How many voters do you think know about the Maldives issue? How many do you think care about the national issues? How many do you think vote for India? Economists are generally coward.

trackwhack

Manmohan Singh has absolutely lost his mojo

Wait... he never did have any.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Congress is in blind love for muslim appeasement.

One wonders if they are fool enough not to understand that they will not be majority in house even if every single minority citizen vote for them.

Illusive

Country flag
It wasn't the US fear, it was the Muslim Vote Bank fear.
Are you saying that for Indian muslims, Indian interests are not important? If Indian politicians really think like this even in national security issues then were are screwed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles