Liaoning (Varyag) - Chinese Aircraft Carrier

Discussion in 'China' started by A.V., Feb 25, 2009.

1. A.V.

A.V. New Member

3. A.V.

A.V. New Member

4. Triton

Triton Founding Member

Chinese navy prepares to add aircraft carrier to its fleet

5. shiv

shiv Regular Member

now that is a formidable looking aircraft....
    i think they will go straight for the nuclear powered super carrier....cauz of thier US superpower wannabe tendencies....and also as they ordered 50 crafts for one carrier that will be more than gorshkov and IAc combined....
    but we also have a 64000 ton carrier on our design boards,and if china starts now it will take atleast 7 years of construction and a further 2 years as sea trials it will be in thier hands not before 2018.

Saswat likes this.
  6. Triton

Triton Founding Member

Having a carrier and aircraft's to operate from it is one thing; another is the time need to train the sailors & airmen to fly off of the carrier and land on it; that's gonna consume a lot of time.

7. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

I wonder why the Chinese put up such a big A/C model while they don't posses one?:35:

8. EnlightenedMonk

EnlightenedMonk Member of The Month JULY 2009 Senior Member

Domestic consumption.... not intended for us, but for the local audiences...

9. shiv

shiv Regular Member

this is not a model aircraft carrier but an original kuzentov carrier from ukrain which china bought with a promise that it will not be used for military purposes...

10. A.V.

A.V. New Member

yes shiv you are absolutely right about it the image is of the varyag in the drydock in Dalian.
    it is being refitted for the purpose of training.

11. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

Its a Building and not an aircraft carrier it is the award winning (for creative architecture) "Military Education Center" at the "Orient Green Boat After-School Camp for Youngsters." Located at west of Shanghai, the camp was constructed at the shores of Dianshan Lake.:D:D:D

12. duhastmish

duhastmish Regular Member

HAHAHHA WHAT A JOKE!! lol its a building.
    but i bet china will be coming with its AC very soon.
    As for indian AC why are we not going for nuclear powered ac???? Why does it have to go tejas way? when after 3-4 yr we say we want nuclear powered ac. I hope we know what we want and our future need is.

13. shiv

shiv Regular Member

i wont waste time finding a link to it but the next IAC will be a 64,000 ton nuclear powered carrier--->this text came straight from A.K antony's mouth in a speech...will be completed by 2017

14. yang

yang Regular Member

The video is made by a couple of Chinese military amateurs,I think the purpose they made it is simple , just to show that how deep they love their country,and at the same time to show their great talent in the field.Today,many people make MTV,videos,or record their own songs on the Internet,it is a fashion.
    But,I think a major country have to posses a air-craft carrier to protect its land,and avoid being threatened.
    And the photos are taken in a theme park ,and the air-craft carrier can't make an expedition.One of my relatives made some photos with it ,too.

15. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

Regarding nuclear powered A/C's their are speculations that India would go for it soon as the technology is ready and proven, while China have proven nuclear reactors that are been employed in their subs.:boat:

Regarding the Tejas question, I suppose your need a proven Aircraft on board and I would like to see an Indigenous aircraft onboard along with our very own HAL Dhruv, different people have difference in view, its OK.:)

16. Atul

Atul Founding Member

Some Snaps of the So Called Chinese Aircraft Carrier........

[​IMG]

The Jets Stationed Look Like the FC-1 :drink: ( FC-1's have a Naval Variant i did not know that ) ( Pakistan Must be more then happy with the Snap ) (now even they can Dream of a Chinese made AC with FC-1's )

[​IMG]

PPL are over joyed with the Sight of the ACC......

[​IMG]

How did they ever hide it from the Praying eyes of the American Spy satellites... America must be worried now...:helpsmilie:

The Truth is reveled......

[​IMG]

Since it is not located or stationed in the China Sea or some gulf near the chinese border the PLAN (Chinese Navy) managed to keep the US spies off ...

[​IMG]

Americans they will never take the Chinese Seriously.......:drink::idhitit::drink:

17. SATISH

SATISH DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

If they are building an aircraft carrier what aircraft will they be flying from it?...The Russians have stopped the sale of Su 33 and the WS 10 engine is not suitable for launching an aircraft from a carrier...My perception is they would take atleast 10 years to build an aircraft carrier and a few more to operate it.

18. shiv

shiv Regular Member

satish i think the french can help the chinese in the aircraft department....

and thier carrier will be ready by 2011..and they have a knack for meeting deadlines unlike our indegenous departments

19. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

China tells Japan it wants aircraft carrier

googlenews

Seems like carrier is more of a status symbol than a warship:D

20. Vladimir79

Vladimir79 Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

China Building Full Scale Model "Varyag"

Looks like the Chinese are going to alot of trouble near the city of Wuhan, Shipbuilding Corporation for engineering support of the 701-th project of the Institute is building a full-scale model of the heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

why feel it strange?

Chinese of course should have a facilities to train its piliots.

in fact, Soviet did the same thing .