Let's remember the Legacy of Great Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj

Discussion in 'Defence & Strategic Issues' started by ZOOM, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ZOOM

ZOOM Founding Member

Let's remember the Legacy of Great Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj

6th June, 1674 a day on which Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj was formally crowned as a Chhatrapati(Cheif or King of the Kshatriyas) at Raigad fortand given the title Kshatriya Kulavantas Sinhasanadheeshwar Chhatrapati Shīvajī Mahārāj. Pandit Gaga Bhatt, a renowned Brahmin from Varanasi, officially presided over the ceremony declaring that Shīvajī's lineage was a bonafide and recognized Kshatriya.

Great Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj require no introduction to any of you, as his regarded as one of the great Hindu Warrior defending his subjects and Kingdom only as directed by Hindu Religion. Everyone need to know much more about him then actualy what we know about him and as far as our memory is concerned. Historian, Individuals and scholers need to do more and more research to uncover many hidden prowess which makes such a King a great man in the world.

Many know him as a Warrior thinker and a Military Commander, but very few know that him bring in many revolutionery ideas in Revenue collection and Agriculture. Him always put interest of his subjects and powerless people beyond his self desire to fulfill him own dream. He keep on fighting some of the formidable enemies to whom many few dare to challange. His consistent fight for a struggle to freedom and independence serve very invluable lesson to all of us whom are highly nervous about facing huge odds.

He built a strong navy to protect coastline of his kindom, more so he introduce a use of some of the sophisticated and state of the art Vessels and fighting boats. Most importantly, he inculcate maritime culture into his Navy and all affiliates to defend his kingdom. He was not only known for his Military acumen, but also as a affectionate father and obdient son, at the same time role model for his subject to immtiate his virtues. His unflenching resolve and dedication were known as his hollmark.

So Let's come together and remember the Legacy of such a great man who played an important part in changing the history of India. As Defence enthusiastic like ours, he is a ideal symbol to all of us.

3. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

An excerpt from 'India' by victor surridge.....

The Baldwin Project: India by Victor Surridge

Cont..in next post.

4. johnee

Contd, from prev post.

5. johnee

The Baldwin Project: India by Victor Surridge

6. johnee

Contd. from previous post

7. ZOOM

ZOOM Founding Member

Johnee indeed a good addition, it is quite informative as well.

8. Vinod2070

Vinod2070 मध्यस्थ Stars and Ambassadors

A great read.

I am amazed how little is taught about Shivaji Maharaj in our history books.

I feel like kicking these communist clowns like Romila Thapar and Irfan Habeeb who have destroyed the interest of countless Indians in history. Bloody fools.

9. ZOOM

ZOOM Founding Member

During his days, he was simply invicible. There was simply no parrallel to his military acumen. When he observed that he cannot win the battle with Weapons and soldiers, he simply use Politics to buy some time and the moment he find right time he goes on thrashing the enemy. He is a great role model for us who don't have any right answer to meance like terrorism and China's increasing clout. He was the one who first brought the fundamentals of Democracy in his Kingdom and never dictate his term on his subject. Infact, he always respect people of different religion and conserve their assets.

Unfortunetly, not much is being studied other then some dedicated Historians. Since studying his role during Mughal era isn't a matter of few years rather I should say atleast decades will take to uncover many truths about his role in liberating oppressed people from the ruthless grip of Mughal and various other Arab invaders.

10. johnee

Vinod,
    right now, the commies want to spread all the lies. They want ppl to believe that Moguls and other islamic kings were benevolent like all other Indian kings. But if we study the history of Shivaji Maharaj then their duplicity will be exposed. Indians(Hindus, Budhists, Jains, and Sikhs) will come to know how ruthless these islamic kings(including Moguls) were. We will understand that the islamic colonialism was no better than western colonialism as far as India and Indians were concerned. And these commies want to keep ppl ignorant.

11. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

I don't know about CBSE, but if you study in Maharashtra, the entire 4th standard history book is basically a biography of Shivaji.

12. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

i always wondered why no TV serials were ever made about Shivaji?

13. Known_Unknown

The wikipedia article on Shivaji also makes a great read.

Shivaji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

14. Known_Unknown

Yeah, I wonder why too......although there were many Marathi movies about Shivaji and a serial about Madhavrao Peshwa, called "Swami".

15. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

hey guys there is a marthi movie about Shivaji playing in UAE

16. Vinod2070

These commies historians have the blessings of the Congress since the beginning. They make a hell of a noise whenever any change in history is made or even proposed.

The charitable view would be that they are doing it as its best to forget the painful past to avoid the bitterness now as we are a multi religious society and there is no getting away from that.

17. Vinod2070

I studies CBSE and don't recall anything more than few lines throughout my history study over several years.

In fact the whole subject of history was nothing but a series of dates and names and was made so dull that I hardly had any interest in it. I thought it is a naturally boring subject.

As soon as I came out of school and saw the other history books in the market, I found what I was missing because of these commie idiots.

I guess Shivaji is a national hero and not just a Marathi hero. We all deserve to know about him.

18. Known_Unknown

I think most state boards have their own syllabi and put emphasis on their regional icons. In Rajasthan, it might be Prithviraj Chauhan and in Kerala, it might be Krishna Deva Raya, but maybe since CBSE is a central board, it can't devote too much of its syllabi to each and every one of these regional icons. As it is, CBSE books are quite a bit thicker than most state board books.

I was under the impression that some in the south disapprove of Shivaji because of his invasions uptil Tamil Nadu.

19. F-14

Known in KSB the history books mainly deal with the Kings of three major States of kerala Ie Travancore , Kochin And the Malabar with bit of an empashis on the lattar kings of Travancore and kochin states as after the conquest by Tipu the Zamorins were vwiped out in the Malabar region and the Region became home to small to medium Muslim Kingdoms the Major of which was the Arrakal kingdom ruled by the Arakal biwi

20. Known_Unknown

F-14,

I never learnt any of that in my history books in Maharashtra. Never heard of the Zamorins, or the Arrakal or the Travancore kings. Tipu and Hyder Ali were given 1 page in the 7th or 8th std history book, and that was it.

Guess Indian history is so vast that there's no way it can be covered adequately if all the details are addressed. For countries like US, Australia etc, it's such an easy job in comparison. Just 200 yrs. Wonder how they stretch it to fit 8 levels though lol.

21. F-14

thats the dilama that faces us as a Nation is that How is it possible to compact such a vast history and save it from revisionism at the same time thats a qustion that needs to adressed ASAP