Kumbhakarna was a mechanical Robot?

Ashutosh Lokhande

Yes. Fables and tales with supernatural events are one thing. Making inferences to conjure up historical events is quite another.
whats your take on a person who is 100 times huge than an ordinary man? who spends time eating 6mnths a yr and the other 6 by sleeping? the possibility of it being a machine is more than what is said above.
and not many indians would like to believe that ramayana was just a tale/fable. so they will try come up with many such stories to satisy there belief.

personally i think ramayana to be true but a bit exagerrated. ppl should take such mythologies with a pinch of salt.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
whats your take on a person who is 100 times huge than an ordinary man? who spends time eating 6mnths a yr and the other 6 by sleeping? the possibility of it being a machine is more than what is said above.
and not many indians would like to believe that ramayana was just a tale/fable. so they will try come up with many such stories to satisy there belief.

personally i think ramayana to be true but a bit exagerrated. ppl should take such mythologies with a pinch of salt.
The best hypothesis I have come across thus far is that Indian mythologies are a collection of various local folklore. Folklore tend to be based on true life events but with larger than life characters and supernatural phenomena which ultimately reflect the moral codes of the times. Hindu mythologies are truly spectacular in their range, scope and level of complexity and it is easy to understand why everyone who is exposed to them from an early age (like me) become so attached to them. There is a great joy in revisiting these stories every few years because the reader is able to get new insights every time on account of increasing age and maturity. However enjoying mythologies either from the perspective of a child reading an engaging tale or an adult immersed in complex literature is a far cry from attempting to retrofit these tales into pseudo scientific historical accounts (sadly a practice very common among people for some reason).

Hindu mythologies make for some of the greatest literature in the world and that is enough to serve as a great source of pride from a cultural point of view. There is no need pass its literal version off as "reality", or embellish its veracity or ratify ludicrous claims through mental gymnastics. That actually diminishes the value of these tales IMHO.

josan420

Country flag
I am just speechless.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Anyway continue doing what you do.
:borat:
So what do think was that? Our past is not as they show us in tv serials like Ramayana and Mahabharata... Ancient Indian possesed the technology that still modern day scientists are developing. It is almost certain that their was a nuclear war or something else which destroyed everything. U know many parts of India have radiation level very high than normal. According to me it was technology not gods magics.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
lol dude whats islam or islamic got to do what i said.
Because I see your point of view approaching dangerously close to the Islamists who keep insisting that "everything is in Quran, the Quran contains all modern science, Western scientists stole from the Quran and made all their inventions", etc.

A typical example of this kind of thinking is the below post:

So what do think was that? Our past is not as they show us in tv serials like Ramayana and Mahabharata... Ancient Indian possesed the technology that still modern day scientists are developing. It is almost certain that their was a nuclear war or something else which destroyed everything. U know many parts of India have radiation level very high than normal. According to me it was technology not gods magics.
Why can't you guys just follow Energon's advise as outlined below?

Hindu mythologies make for some of the greatest literature in the world and that is enough to serve as a great source of pride from a cultural point of view. There is no need pass its literal version off as "reality", or embellish its veracity or ratify ludicrous claims through mental gymnastics. That actually diminishes the value of these tales IMHO.
You know what @josan420 - when you make such statements, it is a matter of great embarrassment for the rest of us. Realize that the world laughs at any theory which is not backed by proof. You can say that "everything was literally true" all you want, it is not very different from Muslims claiming miraculous things about Islam and Quran and Mohammed. If you believe the former, why don't you believe in all the Islamic propaganda about the "scientific basis" of the Quran? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, remember.

Get some proof - archeological, genetic, or any kind of proof for all this, and show it to the world. Till then, it just remains an embarrassing laughable ridiculous theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Meghnaad was the coolest dude in Ravan's army anyway.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I love his afro.
It's a sad world we live in where Google search returns this guy as opposed to a quasi-immortal, nearly unbeatable death machine who could teleport mid-battle on searching for Meghnaad. :(

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It's a sad world we live in where Google search returns this guy as opposed to a quasi-immortal, nearly unbeatable death machine who could teleport mid-battle on searching for Meghnaad. :(
About time Brahma lovers create their own search engine.

PS: don't google brahma brazil

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
iirc folks in your parts worship duryodhana innit ?
I have no idea man. Kali mata I know. Duryodhan I'm not sure.

Need an Indrajeet/Meghnaad subreligion though.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have no idea man. Kali mata I know. Duryodhan I'm not sure.

Need an Indrajeet/Meghnaad subreligion though.
Indrajit is to Ramayana what Karna is to Mahabharta.

josan420

Country flag
You know what @josan420 - when you make such statements, it is a matter of great embarrassment for the rest of us. Realize that the world laughs at any theory which is not backed by proof. You can say that "everything was literally true" all you want, it is not very different from Muslims claiming miraculous things about Islam and Quran and Mohammed. If you believe the former, why don't you believe in all the Islamic propaganda about the "scientific basis" of the Quran? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, remember.

Get some proof - archeological, genetic, or any kind of proof for all this, and show it to the world. Till then, it just remains an embarrassing laughable ridiculous theory.
Why radiation level is too high in some parts of India?
What happened whith Indus Valley CIV?
According to me it was nuclear war which destroyed everything, then people who survived rebuild our land.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
According to me it was nuclear war which destroyed everything, then people who survived rebuild our land.
1. I don't believe your assertion about high radiation levels. Substantiate it with reliable links and studies. Note: reliable.

2. What happened with the Roman empire? What happened with the Egyptian civilization? What happened with the Maharaja of Travancore? What happened with Nizam of Hyderabad? What happened with Ottoman empire? What happened with Mughal empire?

Through the course of history empires have constantly been falling and rising. It is part of the tide of time. With invasions, natural calamities, revolutions, and a million other causes, empires have constantly died and new ones have been born.

I beg of you, stop this Islamization of Hinduism. We are a proud and ancient culture, we don;t need to go down the Islamic path of miracles and such crap.

3. You believe whatever you want about nuclear wars, but keep it to yourself till you can get substantial proof.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Hahahahahaha. Nein.

sydsnyper

Country flag
@josan420 , your efforts at highlighting the past glories of India are good. But to separate the chaff from the grain we have to have irrefutable proof. Without that any tom, dick and harry group would use flimsy theories to establish and expand their influence. The more intellectually ones will rubbish their claims. Dont let the latter happen to the culture of this nation.

The nuclear explosion theory is available on many pro-hindutva sites, but have these same groups tried to fund serious research in Indian institutions atleast to verify these claims? I dont think so.

For example, take the case of vedic mathemetics, there is valid verifiable proof of the mathematical prowess of the ancient Aryavartas in the fields of astronomy and mathematics. Everything from conceptualizing huge numbers to attempting to theorizing subatomic particles can be proven by their direct reference partly in the vedas or other scriptures.

So, lets try to be factual as far as we can. This does not mean you cannot propose theories and when you do, the others here would love to debate and discuss. Please continue to share your thoughts, but refrain from calling them facts without providing valid proof.

Otherwise I laud your efforts and hope you are successful in enlightening the world of the achievements of our ancients. Jai Hind....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles