Korean Defense Minister Says China's J-10 Rivals F-16

pankaj nema

Country flag
The Chinese engineers were engaged in deep RESEARCH in studying and finding out the secrets of P 3 C Orion planes when PNS Mehran was attacked by Terrorists

This shows their strong desire to know the secrets of western avionics

F 16 is far ahead of j 10

Otherwise J 10 would have been transferred to Pakistan

Even after the Osama Fiasco Shameless Pakistan WANTS MORE F 16 and that too right now

What we know is that J 10 B will be bought by Pakistan in 2015

All this is known in diplomatic parlance as nothing but " heavy lifting "

China and South Korea want to upgrade their relationship and take it to the next level because both hate Japan

But North Korean threat will Keep this NEW found LOVE for each other in CHECK

The question is Can South Korea trust China

Last edited:
Country flag
This is a smart move by the Koreans to get more advanced tech for planes.

guoyinag

What makes you think Gripen is any less than F-16? Only the fact that it is untested in a war due to Sweden's peaceful policy. Same goes for Japan. And how many times has J-10 been tested in war, defeating hoards of enemy air forces? How many times has J-10 challenged and defeated a standard NATO jet or even Russian jet for that matter?

Answer: ZERO.

So don't start counting your chickens and claiming the higher ground until you have concrete proof of saying that J-10 is any superior to either Gripen, F-2 or Tejas (Mk-2 standard).

First test your aircraft in actual combat then talk. Until then, J-10 is as much a paper duck as Tejas is. Only difference is they both are in different weight and class categories. Tejas is light combat jet while J-10 is medium combat jet.

Design my friend, design. Or are you telling me that your engineers came up with a design in a third the time that US, EU, France, Russia etc take with half the infrastructure (at that time) compared to any one of these countries? Puh-leese. We're not saying that it is wrong to copy and modify the design slightly. It is a clever trick. But not much of an R&D feat that's all.

I particularly like the way you combined the Su-27's spine and back design with Lavi's overall wing and canard combination.

I respect J-10. In fact, I really like its design and wish that had GOI shown more common sense then, we'd have used this as a design concept and Tejas would have looked much like this today. J-10 is a strong contender. Only thing is, it has to be if not battle proven, at least used in something like serious aerial patrols, like maybe peace patrolling in the rife-torn central Asian countries you got in SCO.

Combat proven is a Western standard that I don't think (me and you) we both need. Because we are not war economies. Am I right?:namaste:
generally speaking i like the way u think and speak, if every people in India will act like u, u india will become a powerful country.

1, i agree j-10 is a plane which has used few Lavi`s design but j-10 is not just a copy of Lavi, and also j-10 is not a non-proven plane. j-10 has been put into service for many years and beat su27,j11 for many times (not yet j11b and su30), also j-10 have locked the Vietnam`s su30 several times in last few months, also j-10 are confronting japan`s f15 in east sea. in addition, the j-10 now uses AL-31 may not because the TH engine is not okay but for the reason that the amount of TH are limited for the production of j11b, j11bs, j15 and coming j16. in the electronic field the modified j10b will not let u down if u evaluate it in a practical view.

2, i know u respect j10 and other Chinese product and u of course win my respect, i hope every member in the forum will act like u, then we can talk in a peaceful rather a cynical environment.

Last edited:

guoyinag

The Chinese engineers were engaged in deep RESEARCH in studying and finding out the secrets of P 3 C Orion planes when PNS Mehran was attacked by Terrorists

This shows their strong desire to know the secrets of western avionics

F 16 is far ahead of j 10

Otherwise J 10 would have been transferred to Pakistan

Even after the Osama Fiasco Shameless Pakistan WANTS MORE F 16 and that too right now

What we know is that J 10 B will be bought by Pakistan in 2015

All this is known in diplomatic parlance as nothing but " heavy lifting "

China and South Korea want to upgrade their relationship and take it to the next level because both hate Japan

But North Korean threat will Keep this NEW found LOVE for each other in CHECK

The question is Can South Korea trust China
i do not think u understand east Asia properly, and i also give u some advices that do not talk at will if u do not have evidence.

1, the US also has some Russia weapons, why do not u say that US engineers were engaged in deep RESEARCH in studying and finding out the secrets. do not tell me that u India or some other countries are not caring about other countries`s military tech.

2, j10 will be sold to Pakistan for sure but when and which type of j10 be transferred to Pakistan is still unknown, all the news and messages u get in web sites are not authentic, do not take these information seriously.

3, the answer is clear that japan, Korea and china are lacking trust with each other at present, but we will change this situation if it is possible, that is the reason why we are talking with each other. especially, the relationship between china and korea have the chance to improve since we do not have so many conflicts.

Last edited:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I never said China will become another superpower. The term superpower is outdated, and the title 'superpower' has become a burden rather than asset (ask US or the Soviets). But unquestionably, europe has ceased to be a driving force in world economy. As a person living in europe I have witnessed first hand how inefficient things are being run here.

Also Islam will take over europe, its is written on the wall. Short of another 3rd reich, nothing can stop this from happening. Amand's home country for example is already home to 8 million muslims, and they double their ranks every 20 years (fertility rate among muslim women is like 6 or 7 whereas its counterpart among natives is like 1.2).

East asians will be the domianant force in science and engineering, china will be just part of it.
Ahhh - I see. So China does not want to be a "superpower". Indeed - neither does any country after looking at the results of "superpowerdom" for USSR and USA. But in their own way, China, India etc want to achieve their own "spheres of influence". China wants the north pacific and South China sea, India wants the IOR.
As for Europe being "doomed" and not being a driving force in world economy - let's see.
As a single economic entity, It is the second biggest in the world - at $15 trillions - growing at a rate of ~2 %. At that rate, by 2020 EU will be $18 trillion strong.
Europe has survived several "muslim" onslaughts for the last 1000 years. If you think Europe will go under now, I am ready to wait and laugh at you in 20 years. Date partner? :D

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But in their own way, China, India etc want to achieve their own "spheres of influence". China wants the north pacific and South China sea, India wants the IOR.
"Spheres of influence?" Like spheres of domination/subjogation/bondage against smaller countries? I like that.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thanks but no thanks. China is nouveau rich and acting like one. I'd rather stick it out with the established and more sophisticated Uncle Sam.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
These days among white folks, its really only americans who still have an electronics industry to speak of, all the rest is dominated by east asians, japanse, koreans, taiwanses but lately also mainland chinese. Therefore the myth about superior western electronics needs to be debunked. J-10 may still fall short of the latest editions of F16 in terms of electronics, but compared to the Mirage 2000Cs and Mig29s fielded by IAF, J10's electronics is a whole generation ahead. The latest news about Vienamese Air force Su30 being chanceless against PLAAF J10 also once again proves that these days China has quietly moved ahead of Russians in military lectronics.
News says a lot of stuff. Since when has J-10 ever been allowed to quantitatively and fairly measured against Su-30 MKV? I don't remember. Listen, J-10 is a very potent and capable fighter, but you're pitting it against a jet that has known to have caused uncomfortable rumors in the west throughout.

J-10 has tremendous potential but it has to evolve.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
These days among white folks, its really only americans who still have an electronics industry to speak of, all the rest is dominated by east asians, japanse, koreans, taiwanses but lately also mainland chinese. Therefore the myth about superior western electronics needs to be debunked. J-10 may still fall short of the latest editions of F16 in terms of electronics, but compared to the Mirage 2000Cs and Mig29s fielded by IAF, J10's electronics is a whole generation ahead. The latest news about Vienamese Air force Su30 being chanceless against PLAAF J10 also once again proves that these days China has quietly moved ahead of Russians in military lectronics.
You maybe right about that. Although the upgraded Mirage 2000s and Mig-29 UPGs will be better than J-10s, unless the J-10s undergo upgrades by then. However I think IAF and PLAAF will keep on upgrading and leap-froggin each other in all the classes of their fighters. So, how many J-10s are in service now and how many are going to be built for PLAAF? How many are you guys selling to Pakistan and under what name so that they can claim to have "made them" too?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles