JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You're not getting what the underlying point of my post.

If the J10B and J10A/S variants are to get radar upgrades to AESA level, why would they use the KLJ7A still in testing instead of upgrading to the already proven AESA radar already in service with the J10C ?
Easy answer to that question... because it is not proven and still not in service.

AnantS

Country flag
Pretending it's not in service doesn't make it so my Indian friend. But good luck with that
He is not Indian, he is a French. And an unsolicited general advice, since you are one of the better Chinese posters seen here: A better answer for you would be in giving official news link as proof. Hearsay and Speculations really dont make good proofs in an argument.
What happens is Chinese posters usually post some long shot grainy pictures with some tall claims and expect others to swallow, just because some poster in random chinese forum said so. Given Chinese seems to have lot of dedicated official Military propaganda TV/news channels. Why not try to get offcial news clippings. That way discussion becomes more interesting.

J20!

Country flag
He is not Indian, he is a French. And an unsolicited general advice, since you are one of the better Chinese posters seen here: A better answer for you would be in giving official news link as proof. Hearsay and Speculations really dont make good proofs in an argument.
What happens is Chinese posters usually post some long shot grainy pictures with some tall claims and expect others to swallow, just because some poster in random chinese forum said so. Given Chinese seems to have lot of dedicated official Military propaganda TV/news channels. Why not try to get offcial news clippings. That way discussion becomes more interesting.
Your advice is noted mate, but... If you would rather believe an unsubstantiated post with 0 source material over an actual photo, I don't really see how a reasonable discussion can be had.

Contrary to your assumptions, the Chinese military rarely disseminates news reports detailing specifications of new tech like the radars on PLAAF aircraft.

1. @Armand2REP selecting a French flag for his profile once upon a time does not make him French mate.

2. @Armand2REP has gone from denying that Chinese AESA's exist to claiming that the AESA in question "is not proven andstill not in service.". He has provided no sources or photographic evidence to support his posts. It's been my experience that arguing with someone deliberately trolling a thread is pointless, thus my response. Putting effort into replying a post with 0 source material is a waste of my time.

That is the AESA installed on J10C's... Any serious aerospace enthusiast can tell the diferenbce between a mechanical scanning array from a PESA and a PESA from an AESA. No speculation necessary. Not even the "Chini expert" denies that's an AESA.

There have been over 50+ J10B's inducted into PLAAF service with PESA radars and 50+ J10C's inducted sporting the AESA pictured above since 2014 with more being produced by CAAC. If @Armand2REP claims that these airframes entered air force service without functional radars since this AESA "is not proven andstill not in service." the onus of providing a source for his claim falls squarely on his shoulders...

These are three of the PLAAF J10C's that took part in the large scale 2017 Red Sword air force exercise, featuring KL-700 ECM pods. I'd be very interested to know how and why the PLAAF would use J10C's in operational patrols and large scale annual exercises like Red Sword with no functional radar...

Last edited:

Sancho

Noted. But why would the PLAAF opt for the KLJ7A instead of the AESA already installed on the J10C?

The J10C's AESA looks like a development of the PESA on the J10B, why not just upgrade instead of installing a completely different model:

J10B

J10C
Still no spec boards available wrt the performance of the radar?

shiphone

Country flag
1. the JF-17 Block3 status update: preliminary design stage by the 611 R&D team in October 2017

2. another shot of 2nd JF-17B

3. the 100th JF-17 rolling out by the end of year 2017...the manufature of Block 2 for PAF might have ended...in the following years, PAC might focus on the production of export orders before the coming of Block 3 batch.

Last edited:

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Central fuselage still not made by Pakistan

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Your advice is noted mate, but... If you would rather believe an unsubstantiated post with 0 source material over an actual photo, I don't really see how a reasonable discussion can be had.
He does make a good point. There is no way since 2015+ that Chinese cameras are that bad. When you make a photo grainy it is very easy to pass off a photoshop which Chinese forums have been doing for many years. There is no excuse for it now when a $100 smartphone has 13 Megapixel cameras on it.

Contrary to your assumptions, the Chinese military rarely disseminates news reports detailing specifications of new tech like the radars on PLAAF aircraft.
That is not entirely true as the institutes are proud to exhibit their latest pet project.

1. @Armand2REP selecting a French flag for his profile once upon a time does not make him French mate.
What exactly makes one French?

2. @Armand2REP has gone from denying that Chinese AESA's exist to claiming that the AESA in question "is not proven andstill not in service.". He has provided no sources or photographic evidence to support his posts. It's been my experience that arguing with someone deliberately trolling a thread is pointless, thus my response. Putting effort into replying a post with 0 source material is a waste of my time.

There is some truth to that, because the original claim that your 50 cent friends made long before you got here was that this was the Chinese AESA.

That is the AESA installed on J10C's... Any serious aerospace enthusiast can tell the diferenbce between a mechanical scanning array from a PESA and a PESA from an AESA. No speculation necessary. Not even the "Chini expert" denies that's an AESA.
You and others come here trying to discredit things I have said almost a decade ago when these things didn't exist.

There have been over 50+ J10B's inducted into PLAAF service with PESA radars and 50+ J10C's inducted sporting the AESA pictured above since 2014 with more being produced by CAAC. If @Armand2REP claims that these airframes entered air force service without functional radars since this AESA "is not proven andstill not in service." the onus of providing a source for his claim falls squarely on his shoulders...
That is where we have a problem. China is marketing their AESA's as "air cooled" which we know is total nonsense if it is combat deployed. That is actually evidence that they don't have an adequate cooling system and probably run at lower voltages. Any front line J-10 is going to go with the tested PESA technology. Some of your comrades are claiming 200+ J-10s are currently in front-line units flying on Taihang. The onus of proof is on you to show who you have exported these units to that can verify 50 cent Army claims. Not even Pakistan can do so. Remember it is you making claims of what you have with no government verification.

These are three of the PLAAF J10C's that took part in the large scale 2017 Red Sword air force exercise, featuring KL-700 ECM pods. I'd be very interested to know how and why the PLAAF would use J10C's in operational patrols and large scale annual exercises like Red Sword with no functional radar...
Because they are using the PESA radar I previously posted.

J20!

Country flag
Hiding crashes is another way to save the image.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk
Massively off-topic, but this is getting ridiculous.

@Armand2REP has started a fake news trend on DFI. When exactly did any H6 bomber crash this or last year? Did it happen on the same day as the "C919 crash"?

That's a heavily edited version of Henri K's article:

Note that the Chinese military has already lost 10 aircraft in the year of 2017, among which are a J-10AH, a J-11BH and a J-15 of the navy, a J-10S two-seater, two J-10A and a JH-7A fighter bomber of the Air Force, as well as a JL-8 from the Air Force Aviation School and an Army Mi-171 helicopter. 7 pilots died.

And with a new training program that has just been published by the Central Military Commission, which further intensifies the training topics to be even closer to the actual fights, we could already foresee a possible increase of the accidents. of this kind in the next two years.

To be continued.

Henri K.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/crash-dun-brouilleur-longue-portee-y-8g-faisant-12-morts

Nowhere in that article does Mr. Kenhmann mention "government secrecy hiding such incidents" - spin from our resident bullsh*t factory @Armand2REP - or any H6 crash.

And since that or any article doesn't mention a JF17 crash, youre off-topic. Take your nonsense to another thread.

undeadmyrmidon

Massively off-topic, but this is getting ridiculous.

@Armand2REP has started a fake news trend on DFI. When exactly did any H6 bomber crash this or last year? Did it happen on the same day as the "C919 crash"?

That's a heavily edited version of Henri K's article:

Note that the Chinese military has already lost 10 aircraft in the year of 2017, among which are a J-10AH, a J-11BH and a J-15 of the navy, a J-10S two-seater, two J-10A and a JH-7A fighter bomber of the Air Force, as well as a JL-8 from the Air Force Aviation School and an Army Mi-171 helicopter. 7 pilots died.

And with a new training program that has just been published by the Central Military Commission, which further intensifies the training topics to be even closer to the actual fights, we could already foresee a possible increase of the accidents. of this kind in the next two years.

To be continued.

Henri K.

http://www.eastpendulum.com/crash-dun-brouilleur-longue-portee-y-8g-faisant-12-morts

Nowhere in that article does Mr. Kenhmann mention "government secrecy hiding such incidents" - spin from our resident bullsh*t factory @Armand2REP - or any H6 crash.

And since that or any article doesn't mention a JF17 crash, youre off-topic. Take your nonsense to another thread.
Thats Made - In - China for you bud!

undeadmyrmidon

Sorry to pop your bubble bud but that's a hybrid phased array right there. In J 10C. It's based on the modified ones from the Su 30s you bought in early 2000s.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles