Israeli PM Netanyahu: I destroyed the Oslo Accords & Americans can be easily moved

White Clouds

This video was shot sometime between the months of May 2001 - November 2002. Israeli PM Netanyahu himself talks about on video how he destroyed Oslo Accords and how he can easily move America.

-------------------------
Full Transcript from Video Link:

Netanyahu:...The Arabs are currently focusing on a war of terror and they think it will break us. The main thing, first of all, is to hit them. Not just one blow, but blows that are so painful that the price will be too heavy to be borne. The price is not too heavy to be borne, now. A broad attack on the Palestinian Authority. To bring them to the point of being afraid that everything is collapsing...

Woman: Wait a moment, but then the world will say "how come you're conquering again?"

Netanyahu: the world won't say a thing. The world will say we're defending.

Woman: Aren't you afraid of the world, Bibi?

Netanyahu: Especially today, with America. I know what America is. America is something that can easily be moved. Moved to the right direction.

Child: They say they're for us, but, it's like...

Netanyahu: They won't get in our way. They won't get in our way.

Child: On the other hand, if we do some something, then they...

Netanyahu: So let's say they say something. So they said it! They said it! 80% of the Americans support us. It's absurd. We have that kind of support and we say "what will we do with the..." Look. That administration [Clinton] was extremely pro-Palestinian. I wasn't afraid to maneuver there. I was not afraid to clash with Clinton. I was not afraid to clash with the United Nations. I was paying the price anyway, I preferred to receive the value. Value for the price.

In the following segment, Bibi boasts about how he emptied the Oslo Accords of meaning by an interpretation that made a mockery of them:

Woman: The Oslo Accords are a disaster.

Netanyahu: Yes. You know that and I knew that...The people [nation] has to know...

What were the Oslo Accords? The Oslo Accords, which the Knesset signed, I was asked, before the elections: "Will you act according to them?" and I answered: "yes, subject to mutuality and limiting the retreats." "But how do you intend to limit the retreats?" "I'll give such interpretation to the Accords that will make it possible for me to stop this galloping to the '67 [armistice] lines. How did we do it?

Narrator: The Oslo Accords stated at the time that Israel would gradually hand over territories to the Palestinians in three different pulses, unless the territories in question had settlements or military sites. This is where Netanyahu found a loophole.

Netanyahu: No one said what defined military sites. Defined military sites, I said, were security zones. As far as I'm concerned, the Jordan Valley is a defined military site.

Woman: Right [laughs]...The Beit She'an Valley.

Netanyahu: How can you tell. How can you tell? But then the question came up of just who would define what Defined Military Sites were. I received a letter -- to me and to Arafat, at the same time -- which said that Israel, and only Israel, would be the one to define what those are, the location of those military sites and their size. Now, they did not want to give me that letter, so I did not give the Hebron Agreement. I stopped the government meeting, I said: "I'm not signing." Only when the letter came, in the course of the meeting, to me and to Arafat, only then did I sign the Hebron Agreement. Or rather, ratify it, it had already been signed. Why does this matter? Because at that moment I actually stopped the Oslo Accord.

Woman: And despite that, one of our own people, excuse me, who knew it was a swindle, and that we were going to commit suicide with the Oslo Accord, gives them -- for example -- Hebron...

Netanyahu: Indeed, Hebron hurts. It hurts. It's the thing that hurts. One of the famous rabbis, whom I very much respect, a rabbi of Eretz Yisrael, he said to me: "What would your father say?" I went to my father. Do you know a little about my father's position?

...He's not exactly a lily-white dove, as they say. So my father heard the question and said: "Tell the rabbi that your grandfather, Rabbi Natan Milikowski, was a smart Jew. Tell him it would be better to give two percent than to give a hundred percent. And that's the choice here. You gave two percent and in that way you stopped the withdrawal. Instead of a hundred percent." The trick is not to be there and be broken. The trick is to be there and pay a minimal price."

djonesowens1writes: At a point in the middle of the video Netanayhu asks the camera man to stop taping, but he continues... Netanyahu says what he really thinks for the first time: He brags about how easy is to manipulate the USA and he proudly explains how he sabotaged the Oslo process.

From source: Israeli PM Netanyahu's unguarded talk on video: How I destroyed the Oslo Accords, and how easily Americans are manipulated | Crooks and Liars

One of the most important videos you've never seen is this one, in which Benjamin Netanyahu, 9 years ago -- thinking there is no record -- explains his actually strategy to inflict pain on the Palestinians. He also describes how easy it is to manipulate the US, and how he made sure that the Oslo Accords would mean nothing.

First he says that the plan for the Palestinians is to:

hit them hard. Not just one hit... but many painful [hits], so that the price will be unbearable. The price is not unbearable, now. A total assault on the Palestinian Authority. To bring them to a state of panic that everything is collapsing ... fear that everything will collapse... this is what we'll bring them to...
The woman Natanyahu is speaking to wonders if the world won't object to what Israel is doing to the occupied Palestinians (she uses the word occupiers herself. He says the world will say nothing, just that Israel is defending itself. As for the US...

"I know what America is. America is a thing that can be easily moved, moved in the right direction... Let's suppose that they [the Americans] will say something [i.e. to us Israelis] ... so they say it..." [i.e. so what?]
He then moves on to deal with the Oslo Accords. Under Oslo, Israel was to give back land in three phases. However, there was a loophole: if there were settlements or military bases, that land didn't have to be given back. So the question is, who defines what is a settlement or military site?

I received a letter – to me and to Arafat, at the same time ... which said that Israel, and only Israel, would be the one to define what those are, the location of those military sites and their size. Now, they did not want to give me that letter, so I did not give the Hebron agreement. I stopped the government meeting, I said: "I'm not signing." Only when the letter came, in the course of the meeting, to me and to Arafat, only then did I sign the Hebron agreement, or rather, ratify it. It had already been signed. Why does this matter? Because at that moment I actually stopped the Oslo accord.
The woman talking to Netanyahu also states that Oslo meant Israel's suicide—Israel's destruction. And Netanyahu seems to agree.

What is clear from this is that Netanyahu at least, and probably the majority of Israel's leadership (since they followed the strategy he outlines), never sincerely intended to fulfill the Oslo Accords. Their strategy for dealing with the Palestinians was to inflict maximum pain, in an attempt to break the Palestinians so they would accept any possible terms.

And finally, it's remarkable that Netanyahu thinks there is nothing Israel could do which would ever really make America turn on it: nothing which would ever make America not support it. The idea that America would stop Israel from smashing the Palestinians is laughable to him.

The question, nine years later, is whether this is still true. Certainly it is true that when Israel attacked ships in international waters the US protected Israel. And it is also apparently the case that the Israeli military were to overfly Iraq to attack Iran, U.S. air command is not to shoot them down.

I suggest watching the entire video, and drawing your own conclusions. For myself, I suggest that it is in neither Israel's best interests nor America's for America to be so unwilling to stand up to Israel, and for Israel's Prime Minister to have so little respect -- indeed, such open contempt -- for the nation which is Israel's primary ally.
Israeli PM Netanyahu is running the current peace process with Arabs over Palestine including America. I don't have a doubt of the outcome after watching this.

Last edited by a moderator:

White Clouds

Oh and BTW no mainstream media is reporting this inspite of the fact it first time released last month.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Oh and BTW no mainstream media is reporting this inspite of the fact it was released last month.
Dont you know the media is pro-palestine!!! They're doing a pretty bad job if they are.

VersusAllOdds

I always love stumbling upon things like this. Brings more spice into my hatred for the developed that molest the underdeveloped.

He's kind of overconfident, but I just love what he says about America, something like: "they can whine as much as they want, we'll just do what we want". "He knows America", my ass... He just knows how powerful Jewish lobby is in America, and what will that lobby do for Israel, and he knows that he'll have the credit for that. Another thing is that America and Israel are natural allies, with anti-Islam/anti-Arab hatred now becoming infused into the US society.

White Clouds

He just knows how powerful Jewish lobby is in America, and what will that lobby do for Israel, and he knows that he'll have the credit for that.
I would like to correct something here. It is not Jewish lobby but Israeli Lobby. You see there are many Jewish folks in American politics but not all works solely for Israel with special interest in mind inspite of holding American citizenship and elected by American citizens. The Israeli Lobby includes many hardcore right wing Christians, Christian Zionist and Jewish Zionist. There are many Jews in American politics who oppose Israeli Government policies. The detailed description of the complete Israeli Lobby can be found in the book The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt. Besides that you are correct in you're assessment. Thank you for posting.

VersusAllOdds

I would like to correct something here. It is not Jewish lobby but Israeli Lobby. You see there are many Jewish folks in American politics but not all works solely for Israel with special interest in mind inspite of holding American citizenship and elected by American citizens. The Israeli Lobby includes many hardcore right wing Christians, Christian Zionist and Jewish Zionist. There are many Jews in American politics who oppose Israeli Government policies. The detailed description of the complete Israeli Lobby can be found in the book The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt. Besides that you are correct in you're assessment. Thank you for posting.
You're welcome.
You're right, it's Israeli lobby, I kinda mix things up when I type fast, things that shouldn't be mixed up... Not all Jews are as extreme as Israelis.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles