Israeli air force chief in India, looks to expand ties

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by Galaxy, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Israeli air force chief in India, looks to expand ties

Nov 22, 2011

TOI

3. Neil

Neil Senior Member Senior Member

India and Israel continue to silently expand their already expansive ties in the fields of defence and homeland security, at a time when Tel Aviv is threatening military action to quell Iran’s nuclear ambitions despite New Delhi seeking a diplomatic resolution.

Israeli Air Force commander-in-chief, Major-General Ido Nehushtan, is the latest in the series of high-level visits to India, which are kept under the radar due to political sensitivities, to further bolster the “bilateral strategic partnership”.

This comes close after Israeli minister of public safety Yitzhak Aharonovitch held wide-ranging discussions with home minister P Chidambaram on ways to expand ongoing cooperation in counter-terrorism and intelligence-sharing during his low-profile visit to New Delhi. Maj-Gen Nehushtan, on his part, discussed military cooperation with IAF chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne on Monday, and is slated to meet his naval and army counterparts and other MoD officials on Tuesday.

Interestingly, as recently reported by TOI, India is all set to order another two advanced Israeli Phalcon AWACS (airborne warning and control systems), capable of detecting hostile aircraft, cruise missiles and other incoming aerial threats far before ground-based radars, at a cost of over $800 million.

Israel is the second-largest defence supplier to India, next only to Russia. From Heron and Searcher UAVs, Harpy and Harop “killer” drones to Barak anti-missile defence systems and Green Pine radars, Python and Derby air-to-air missiles, Israel notches up military sales

Israeli air force chief in India, looks to expand ties | idrw.org

4. Galaxy

5. Galaxy

We should Buy Missile defence system (Iron Dome and David Sling) and induct Air Defence System (SpyDer). :hail:

[​IMG]

6. Sikh_warrior

Sikh_warrior Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

India should provide secret refueling facilities to the israeli Air Force.

india and israel are the two non muslim countries on the both ends of the middle east! they MUST co-operate with each other...

Galaxy and Dovah like this.
  7. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member

Somebody tel the chief we want the ELTA EL/M-2052 :p

8. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Lol...apart from F-15 the Wiki says its suitable for Mirage 2000, Mig-29 and Tejas......I bet an Indian edited it.
    Now that the American jets are out of MRCA, I think we can negotiate the radar with Israel(and US, obviously).

9. Tomcat

Tomcat Regular Member

sorry sir but the vote bank wont agree

sesha_maruthi27 likes this.
  10. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

you cover my back, i will cover your back.

11. Galaxy

We should Buy Missile defence system (Iron Dome and David Sling) and induct Air Defence System (SpyDer and Barak-2) ASAP. I am not so sure of AAD/PDV (Even testing of PDV is still awaited). :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

12. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

Iron dome is more for Katusiya type rockets, the SPYDER we have have bought provide more than enough coverage then David's sling and Iron Dome combined, if anything we should try to get the beam weapon NAUTILUS.

[​IMG]

SPIEZ and Galaxy like this.
  13. Galaxy

India should give an airbase to Israel somewhere in Cochin/Lakshwdeep. We should also Buy Iron Dome, David Sling, More combat UAV and Phalcon.

14. Galaxy

Actually you are right. David Sling/Iron dome is good for Israel/Singapore since they have to cover only small area. We have vast area to cover. But we need LRSAM capable of destroying Missiles like S-400, Patriot System, Arrow-2.

May be they can increase the range ?? They developed Iron Dome from Barak only. So, I think it's possible. I read a very amazing statement from Israeli top defence official in favour of India last year. If i will find that news, I will post. It was about secret deal.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  15. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member

Isreali tourists are in big numbers in a beach near Trivaandrum. They can stay as long as they want.

They are a treat to the eyes , esp the babes. :hail:

W.G.Ewald and Galaxy like this.
  16. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

What are the strategic relationship that they are wanting to cement?

17. Galaxy

May be India and Israel are only 2 countries situated in 50 Islamic country and facing same kind of threat but from different countries and terror groups. We both need each other for mutual benefit. We support Israel in Middle-East and they support in South Asia matter. Indeed, They are always more than wiling to support us. India is one of the most favoured nation for Israel after U.S., I suppose.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  18. LETHALFORCE

It would be better if they consulted in our ABM program from what I know they are working on AVATAR with us??

http://defenceforumindia.com/strategic-forces/155-hypersonic-vehicles-scramjets-2.html

19. LETHALFORCE

Israel is weary with US drifting apart from them in foreign policy matters.Israel is looking outside at other nations for relations.

20. Galaxy

Few years back, U.S. denied Israel to sell Arrow ABM to India. don't know any current deal. At least, There is no such news on public domain. But I think there must be some secret deals which we don't know as Israel is one of the most reliable and strategic partner.

21. LETHALFORCE

look at post #18 in the link. They can work with us in our programs without USA's permission.