Is curly hair rare among Indians?

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I've noticed that most Indians tend to have straight/wavy hair and curly hair is very rare in India. I'm curious because curly hair seems to run in my family.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
depends which part of body u r talking about:p:p:p:p
:lol:. Obviously the head, otherwise the vast majority of humanity has curly hair :borat:

I have never seen the kind of hair texture on other Indians as we seem to have. It is weird. Most Indians tend to have long, straight hair and in my family, we have curly hair that doesn't grow too long.

Soul83

my uncle has wawy hair slightly curly inbetween wawy and curly so does my cousin, but usually roma people have straight hair, black straight hair

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I've seen South Indians with African like hair. Why is this? Some of them look like Africans too. I saw one tamil dude with a shaved head and I thought he was black until he told me he's indian.

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I've seen South Indians with African like hair. Why is this? Some of them look like Africans too. I saw one tamil dude with a shaved head and I thought he was black until he told me he's indian.
I dont think you have seen African people's hair then.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Honestly I've no idea about Hair styles Peoples Talking about ..Photos Requested

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
why open silly threads yaar all you need to do is ask a doctor or type in google .

pkroyal

depends which part of body u r talking about:p:p:p:p
Why most Indians do not have curly hair ?:confused:

Because then you will be able to catch them by their "curly's":lol:

Hair on the head is a different ball game altogether ( I am loosing them fast now):rolleyes:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I have many friends with curly hair some of them are punjabis and some of them are biharis.so i don't know what are you trying to convey with this thread.

Curly hair looks like maggie and only thing that maggie lacks is butter :yum:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
@athiesthindu

Wah! Kya thread hai yeh!

Wonderfull! I m subscribing to this thread
I have many friends with curly hair some of them are punjabis and some of them are biharis.so i don't know what are you trying to convey with this thread.

Curly hair looks like maggie and only thing that maggie lacks is butter :yum:

Honestly I've no idea about Hair styles Peoples Talking about ..Photos Requested
I'm posting this pic because you can't make out my sister's face from it. Again, I've never seen curly hair like that on other Indians.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Since you all are so keen on surly hair, here is a remix of South Pacific 'Honey Bun'

or better still

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantom

Curly hair is the result of specific genes. Since the indigenous Africans, who also happen to possess the oldest genetic Haplogroups amongst Humans, seem to have many members with curly hair, it's safe to say the gene that triggers curly hair can manifest in any/many human lineages outside Africa too.

BTW, your Sis doesn't have curly hair, but wavy hair. Many in my family have similarly wavy hair too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles