Indo-US Mock War - "Vajra Prahar"

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Indian and US special forces to conduct counter-terror exercise
Published October 3, 2012 | By admin

SOURCE: TNN

Special Forces from India and US will again pit their clandestine and irregular warfare skills against each other in another joint exercise this month. Codenamed 'Vajra Prahar', the exercise will be held at the Special Forces Training School at Nahan in Himachal Pradesh from October 15 to November 4.

The focus will be on counter-terrorism," said an officer. With well over 60 bilateral exercises between the Indian and US armed forces being held in the last seven-eight years, including the top-level Malabar naval combat exercises, the two countries have established an expansive military-to-military relationship. "Indian and American armed forces have developed a high degree of interoperability. If required in the future, they can work together," he added.

The US has notched up sales worth over $8 billion to India over the last decade, with New Delhi emerging as Washington's second largest FMS (foreign military sales) customer in 2011. These include the big-ticket ones like $4.1 billion for 10 C-17 Globemaster-III strategic airlift aircraft, $2.1 billion for eight P-8I maritime patrol aircraft and $962 million for six C-130J 'Super Hercules' planes. Negotiations are now being finalized for acquiring six more C-130J as well as four more P-8I aircraft.

Two other defence deals are in the pipeline, even though some hurdles are still to be cleared. The first is the acquisition of 145 M-777 ultra-light howitzers from the US in a direct government-to-government deal worth $ 647 million under the FMS programme. The second one is the $1.4 billion contract to supply 22 missile-armed helicopter gunships to the IAF after Boeing's AH-64D Apache Longbow outperformed Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant's Mi-28N 'Night Hunter' in the field trials, as reported by TOI earlier.
Indian and US special forces to conduct counter-terror exercise | idrw.org

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Any update/pics?

Does anyone know where exactly SF Training School in Nahan is?

Are they bringing Humvee also? I'm gonna steal one.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Thanks for posting informative post, I use to wonder as well as to how they decide who won or lost.
My losses in one mock exercise were 4 "KIA". The opposing platoon had 4 men remaining! It was a good day.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles