India's Woes Make China Look Rosy

Status
Not open for further replies.

huaxia rox

India's Woes Make China Look Rosy - WSJ.com

India must wish it had China's problems. "ª

Growth is slowing in both of Asia's emerging market titans, but it's India that faces the truly vexing path. Monday came news that Delhi is again losing its three-year-old fight against inflation even as growth sputters. Wholesale prices unexpectedly surged 7.2% in April, faster than in March, and faster than economists, banking on the economic slump to ease price pressures, predicted. Revisions to India's creaky statistics showed February inflation was also higher than previously thought. "ª

Meantime, the latest data show industrial production contracted in March, compared to the year earlier. Auto sales and exports are anemic.

In China, industrial production has slowed, but remains in positive territory. Inflation is nearly half its August 2011 peak. "ª

The slow growth-inflation combo leaves India in a trap. The central bank, which just started cutting rates last month after nearly two years of decelerating growth, has little space to cut further unless inflation lies down.

A sliding rupee makes critical imports priced in dollars, especially oil, more expensive, exacerbating inflation. In theory, a weak economy calls for more state spending, but austerity is in order with government deficits swelled. Many, including the Reserve Bank of India's governor, say Delhi's unproductive programs and high deficits are what's causing the inflation in the first place. "ª

China has its own constraints to implement a big enough stimulus package. Yet its textbook economic slowdown, in which activity is ebbing along with inflation, leaves room to maneuver. "ª

India should be envious.

trackwhack

Yes, we are in a spot of bother. Especially since we are comparing real numbers to imaginary ones. :)

huaxia rox

u r somewhat correct my indian friend.

the prcs numbers aint that real.......according to the world fact book published by the CIA (just in case u know whats CIA and what its capable of rite?).

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html
note: because China's exchange rate is determine by fiat, rather than by market forces, the official exchange rate measure of GDP is not an accurate measure of China's output; GDP at the official exchange rate substantially understates the actual level of China's output vis-a-vis the rest of the world; ...............

and u were saying???my indian friend.......more smilies to go???/

Last edited:

trackwhack

i was saying ...

yes, we are in a spot of bother. Especially since we are comparing real numbers to imaginary ones.

huaxia rox

anyway.....the article was written by a westerner in wsj and ........i think he knows economy better than u to say the least.........

and therefor........ i believe him rather than u my indian friend..........

cir

During the first 4 months 2012, China's industrial output grew over 10% year-on-year while India's ???

Our Indian friends can always revert to the old game of calling China's data "doctored" or "faked"ï¼Œeven though their own statistics are absolutely trash。

If anything, China's GDP or growth rates have been under-estimated for years, because the unscruplous businessmen and merchants have every incentive to under-report their sales and incomes under China's current tax system。

For millions of enterprises, taxes are not levied on profits,but on sales。 And I am not talking about sales or consumption tax!

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, we are going to trust data given by CPC and validated by 50 cent party members.

J20!

Country flag
Hahahaha! Nice thread Rox. This is just poetic. Maybe we should start a "Doom and Gloom of India's Economy" thread eh? Daredevil? Always too busy hoping and wishing for a Chinese economic collapse, perhaps yours will be the first to go?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But then China is Rosy and Red!

J20!

Country flag
Yes, we are going to trust data given by CPC and validated by 50 cent party members.
An uncountable number of investors wouldn't have been flooding our markets for the past few decades if our stats where false, but you go ahead and bury your head in the sand, anything good about China must be untrue right?

J20!

Country flag
But then China is Rosy and Red!
Certainly rosier than you... But you spend so much of your time hating on us to realize you're much much worse off than we are...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Certainly rosier than you... But you spend so much of your time hating on us to realize you're much much worse off than we are...
I wonder why Chinese are called the 'Yellow' race when they are so rosy and red!

J20!

Country flag
I wonder why Chinese are called the 'Yellow' race when they are so rosy and red!

Aww! Adorable *baby voice*

Really, you're gonna pick on a toddler, instead of facing the matter at hand? *shaking head* As per usual you'll avoid the subject matter and go off-topic.

cw2005

China can always raise its currency against dollar to control inflation by making import cheaper although it may hurt export and overall GDP figure. However, there is this option. India could not afford to do the same as the currency is falling. Nevertheless, Non of the the so called GDP figures in the world is accurate. Even that, I do believe the GDP figure of America is more reliable than the Chinese one.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Aww! Adorable *baby voice*

Really, you're gonna pick on a toddler, instead of facing the matter at hand? *shaking head* As per usual you'll avoid the subject matter and go off-topic.

The issue was on rosy!

What did you expect me to show - Mao Tse Tung as a weather beaten leathered skin yellow and aged as the face of Rosy China?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
J 20,

If China is Rosy, why should India get perked about it?

Do we get jumpy that US is a world leader and a world beater?

China may get shrivelled up thinking of the US, but not India.

We know where we are and our feet are solidly planted on the ground.

It is you who are continuously trying to show what world beaters you are. Have you not seen how you all plaster buildings and bridges to showcase China in all the world forums?

You all suffer from insecurity and want to forcibly make your presence felt!

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
J 20,

If China is Rosy, why should India get perked about it?

Do we get jumpy that US is a world leader and a world beater?

China may get shrivelled up thinking of the US, but not India.

We know where we are and our feet are solidly planted on the ground.

It is you who are continuously trying to show what world beaters you are. Have you not seen how you all plaster buildings and bridges to showcase China in all the world forums?

You all suffer from insecurity and want to forcibly make your presence felt!
As per usual, OFF-TOPIC!!!

YOU are insecure. Any Chinese achievement whatsoever annoys you. I'd bet that you'd call it propaganda if someone Chinese found a cure for cancer. You might even call Chinese members here 50 centers for being proud about it.

As far as I'm concerned, with a 10%percent growth of our industrial output in 2012 alone, i'd say our economy is one of if not the most rosy on the globe at present... Sure our economy has problems, but show me one that doesn't. Our inflation rate is slowly going down. Yours is going up.

Would we rather be in Europe's position? With a 0% GDP growth registered in the first quarter of 2012? Maybe the US is better, or japan maybe? Or even you? YES Ray, China's economy is rosy...

As far as your envy concerning our cities and world-beating infrastructure, that's your problem. Do you ever complain about the empire state building? Or maybe the Milau bridge in France? Or perhaps one of japan's feats of engineering? Nope. yet they get as much if not more exposure than China's infrastructure. Should we not be proud of our achievements? The fact that India has nothing comparable shouldn't get you so riled up, but it always does.

if you want to discuss your feelings toward Chinese achievements, start a thread, the rest of us want to discuss economics.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Hahahaha! Nice thread Rox. This is just poetic. Maybe we should start a "Doom and Gloom of India's Economy" thread eh? Daredevil? Always too busy hoping and wishing for a Chinese economic collapse, perhaps yours will be the first to go?
Doom and Gloom of India's Economy? Are you ----ing nuts? You will get a permanent ban for starting an anti-India compaign if you attempt to start a thread like that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
YOU are insecure. Any Chinese achievement whatsoever annoys you. I'd bet that you'd call it propaganda if someone Chinese found a cure for cancer. You might even call Chinese members here 50 centers for being proud about it.
I am not biased towards China.;

I state facts.

You are the type who is afraid of his own shadow and blame it on the Sun.

My being het up about China, Kamchatka or Patagonia will not change a sausage.

So why should I waste my energy on something I cannot change.

Comment is my birthright since I live in a Democracy and not a Communist dictatorship!

Do you ever complain about the empire state building? Or maybe the Milau bridge in France? Or perhaps one of japan's feats of engineering? Nope. yet they get as much if not more exposure than China's infrastructure.
None has reasons to complain since it does not get plastered ad infinitum and ad nauseum every third day like the Chinese buildings and bridges.

If such things are plastered day in and day out every third day, it sure would give grounds for complaints.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Doom and Gloom of India's Economy? Are you ----ing nuts? You will get a permanent ban for starting an anti-India compaign if you attempt to start a thread like that.
He has not only attempted to start a thread, but has already started it and the thread has been on for quite sometime.

Has he been banned so far?

Again, the insecurity speaks.

The article is interesting to note and debate.

We are not Chinese who are ashamed of weaknesses being aired so that it is honestly stated and analysed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles