India's fast breeder reactor project to start by September: Officials

sathya

Country flag
For that we need huge quantities of plutonium like around 1.98 tonnes for each reactor which means around 23.76 tonnes plutonium over the next 15 years , we have around 10 to 12 tonnes of unsafeguarded plutonium and we make 1.4 tonnes annually from our unsafeguarded reactors so we need more heavy water reactors and far more reprocessing capacity for that expansion atleast another 500 to 800 tonnes annually over the next 5 years.
France had a similar breeder reactor for 15 years and and it has worlds 3rd largest nuclear weapons program imagine if if only half a dozen breeders come online in India
That means world have accepted our nuclear power status, without blocking our capacity to make bombs.

Personally i doubt we need more than 100 weapons, why spend all money on weapons we may never use. That's why I feel we are going slow on warhead numbers...

Pakistan on other hand knows India can leap frog with breader reactors.. so Going all out from now itself..

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas
One query about nuclear arsenal.
we have 100 and pak has a few more.

What is the type of weapon we and they have.
I mean in terms of weight and all..

I believe they have smaller and strategic more than the big boys......

warrior monk

That means world have accepted our nuclear power status, without blocking our capacity to make bombs.

Personally i doubt we need more than 100 weapons, why spend all money on weapons we may never use. That's why I feel we are going slow on warhead numbers...

Pakistan on other hand knows India can leap frog with breader reactors.. so Going all out from now itself..
Yes the world has accepted India as a nuclear weapons state , how do you know or anyone knows how many warheads we have . Does anyone outside of our strategic sector know our military fissile material the clear answer is no. The 100 warhead nonsense that is been peddled is for the common man to be happy that India has only 100 warheads and Pakistan has more LoL .
See we make enough fissile material to make as high as 100+ warheads EACH YEAR without compromising our electricity needs but that doesn't mean we convert all the fissile material into warheads maybe only 10 % or 20 % who knows or it may be so that we are converting all of them into warheads also possible.

Ok what i am going to say is not hyperbole or fanboy stuff we can make as much as 300 warheads PER YEAR but our reactors will not generate much electricity and our refueling machines will have problem and provided we have enough reprocessing capacity.

Why we need to make more warheads because our warheads are very small compared to China's . We can make 200kt to 250 kt warheads max but chinese can make upto 5 MT so 10 warheads of India is equal to one large yield warhead of China . US and Russia have even bigger warheads. Don't equate our warheads with China's or US's or Russia's or Britain's or France's they have much better warheads , get out of this non violence mediocrity that infects us Indians.
The only good thing is that Pakistan is lower yield warhead than India's .

warrior monk

The enlightened

India is already designing liquid fuelled MSR known by the name Indian Molten Salt Breeder Reactor (IMSBR) great research is been done for a fuel cycle with high breeding ratio , India is still experimenting with types of liquid molten salts and ways of refueling the reactor with online refueling or batch refueling , online refueling is a tough nut to crack but Indian scientists can do it . It is still in research stage
I am yet to find an official source for this. Can you help?

warrior monk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles