Indians are not Asians

Are Indians Asians?

• Total voters

ghost

Sir, there is some Australoid component in Ancestral South Indian DNA which is one of two strains and found in most of the current inhabitants of India to varying degrees. It's the balance of ANI vs ASI proportion in your genome that determines whether you look North Indian or SOuth Indian. It may be that Australoids migrated from Australia to South Asia and probably there was some reverse migration as well.
Dear friend who is "atheist" yet "hindu" .You have always preached, that there should not be any caste or religion, as they are the main reason for the problems india is facing .Yet all the time it is you, who is discussing the most about how one ethnicity is greater than the other.You need to realize that eventually we all belong to same race that is Homo sapiens "human being.Our different colors different feature and all the other differences are due to the place of our living due to which our genes evolved in order to survive so at base we all are same just in different clothes as per our environment. Plus you can add different cultures and traditions which set as apart ,Do you know the very first human being were black ,who later on evolved into white ,when they moved towards colder region in order to survive.So it was nature that caused genetic mutation in humans so that they could survive so being white ,tall or any other trait does not make one superior .You as a dogra has a fair complexion then it is not due to your genetic superiority, but due to the fact that you people lived in colder climatic conditions so you have a dna mutation so that you could get enough vitamin D.It has nothing to do with superiority so please do not boast of height,color of the skin ever.

However, all human beings in the world today are classified as Homo sapiens sapiens. Scientists today admit that, biologically, there really is only one race of humans. For instance, a scientist at the Advancement of Science Convention in Atlanta stated, "Race is a social construct derived mainly from perceptions conditioned by events of recorded history, and it has no basic biological reality." This person went on to say, "Curiously enough, the idea comes very close to being of American manufacture.

Reporting on research conducted on the concept of race, ABC News stated, "More and more scientists find that the differences that set us apart are cultural, not racial. Some even say that the word race should be abandoned because it's meaningless." The article went on to say that "we accept the idea of race because it's a convenient way of putting people into broad categories, frequently to suppress them—the most hideous example was provided by Hitler's Germany. And racial prejudice remains common throughout the world."11

In an article in the Journal of Counseling and Development,12 researchers argued that the term "race" is basically so meaningless that it should be discarded.

More recently, those working on mapping the human genome announced "that they had put together a draft of the entire sequence of the human genome, and the researchers had unanimously declared, there is only one race—the human race.

Please practice what you preach .:namaste:do not be a racist yet if you have to be then do not question others who are.

ITBP

Indians are of course Asians. People of Chinese, Korean and Japanese ancestry are called East Asians.

India is a country situated in Asia continent, so naturally Indians are Asians.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Well Indian are Asians. What is wrong with this?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Arrey baba , tau kya ho gaya ??

you think its anything to be proud of, if we are lumped with these western monkeys instead of the eastern ones ?
That's not true. Dravidians say that to malign North Indians. What we see today is de-aryanization of India in full force. We North Indians outside of India will never consider ourselves mongoloids or Asians. We will maintain our Aryan roots and culture.
Get a DNA test and conform it first it might clear your doubts.
He is in serious identity crisis... I guess he has been with a Paki and caught that disease.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or whatever but I am not talking about superiority or inferiority. We are Aryans - that's a fact. Only us and Iranians can call ourselves Aryans.

errrr ..... just a minute , you forgot Afghanistan - the original land of the Aryans -

https://www.google.com/search?q=ary...KH-3M0AWT54FI&ved=0CEQQsAQ4FA&biw=731&bih=488

Yes they face a lot of racism but on the US census they are classified as white. Maybe because most middle easterners in US are Lebanese who are the whitest middle easterners.
Some punjabis can look like them but generally, Lebanese are whiter. Syrian and Lebanese women are the hottest Middle Eastern women.

lebanese the whitest eh ? take a look at the most famous lebanese lady in the usa :- brigitte gabriel

https://www.google.com/search?q=bri...sincere-hypocrisy-brigitte-gabriel%2F;235;315

from US government website:
"White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa."
"Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam. "
About Race - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

on that point i agree with atheisthindu - that needs to be changed !

India is part of Asia. So IMO Indians are Asians. :shocked:
Indians are of course Asians. People of Chinese, Korean and Japanese ancestry are called East Asians.

India is a country situated in Asia continent, so naturally Indians are Asians.
we are not only our dna - we are also comprised of what language we speak and where we are located,
what has influenced our thinking and where we are located, our economic level, our political ideas .

For example im ethnically partly indian in dna , linguistically english , politically USA-american, residentially Iberian economically german, culturally central asian and so on ......so most of us are a mixture by now

but its good for india to be associated with asian-ness - it's arguably the fastest-growing region of the world
economically and i guess india would like some association with that ?

Last edited:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@atheisthindu
all humans are same
the difference of colour, language etc is because of different geographical condition
eg africans are black because in africa there is more sunlight resulting in more quantity of vitamin D which can cause human dangerously as it is fat portable vitamin so to protect our body releases albino (not confirm of name) which turns skin black
and this happens opposite in cold countries
so all are same

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul83

i like asians better then westasians. they have better civilisation are more polite and better looking females. so i dont mind. indians share more in common with asians then with westasians, pakistan maybe with westasians but not india.

Soul83

me again. indians arent asian as in chinese like. but they arent white either, maybe indians should be indian subcontinet or southasian. but i dont mind it at all that they are asian, asian sounds cool. and middle easterners are whiter then indians, but i wouldnt call them exactly white either, neither northafricans. so if it is going to be more correct. there should be white, middle eastern and indian and asian. as distinct populations etc. but im not butthurt at all, i dont mind that we are asian. it is just a social construct.

ITBP

me again. indians arent asian as in chinese like. but they arent white either, maybe indians should be indian subcontinet or southasian. but i dont mind it at all that they are asian, asian sounds cool. and middle easterners are whiter then indians, but i wouldnt call them exactly white either, neither northafricans. so if it is going to be more correct. there should be white, middle eastern and indian and asian. as distinct populations etc. but im not butthurt at all, i dont mind that we are asian. it is just a social construct.
Is not South Asia part of Asia? So what is the point?

Indians are Asians. I dont see what body colour got to do with being Asian or not.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
those who consider themselves Aryans based on AIT are in real identity crisis. No one knows I what is the motherland of these mythical guys.

nirranj

Country flag
I think when the Europe can be called a separate Continent (it is still part of the Eurasian Continental plate) just because it is separated from the Asia by a dwarf Ural mountains (which is even lesser in height than Western Ghats)... I suppose India should be called a Separate continent as the mighty Himalayas separate India from the Rest of Asia... Also the way of living differs drastically from the rest of Asia...

HeinzGud

Country flag
I think when the Europe can be called a separate Continent (it is still part of the Eurasian Continental plate) just because it is separated from the Asia by a dwarf Ural mountains (which is even lesser in height than Western Ghats)... I suppose India should be called a Separate continent as the mighty Himalayas separate India from the Rest of Asia... Also the way of living differs drastically from the rest of Asia...
Exactly. Though then ME should have to be separated from Asia as well.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles