Indian student harassed in Pakistan

Blackwater

While the successful completion of Ph D by a Pakistani female scholar at Kashmir University here has brought her laurels back home and is making headlines here in the last two weeks, a Kashmiri student who had gone to pursue higher education to Pakistan under SAARC exchange program has faced 'torture, threats and humiliation' at the hands of his guide there.

Ishrat Naveed, a scholar from Soibugh in central Kashmir's Budgam district had left the Valley a few years back to pursue his cherished dream of completing Ph D in Bio-Technology.

He chose prestigious Qaud-i-Azam University in Islamabad and he managed to get admission under the SAARC exchange agreement.
["‹IMG]

However, little did he know that his experience to pursue higher studies in Pakistan would be tormenting. "The way my supervisor/guide, Dr Tariq Mehmood, (Assistant Professor, Department of Plant Sciences, Qaud-i-Azam University) behaved during my research is disappointing and difficult to narrate," Naveed told Deccan Herald in an emailed statement from Islamabad.
"He (Dr Mehmood) emotionally black mailed, tortured and harassed me. He took all the research samples in his custody in my absence. He used to accuse me that I am an Indian spy who is on espionage mission to Pakistan," the young scholar claimed.

"My research samples which included experimental design and optimized protocols were distributed among favourite students of Dr Mehmood. The stolen samples including transgenic plants, expression vectors and clones are worth millions," Naveed claimed.

He had never visited Kashmir since he left for Pakistan in early 2010. "My commitment with Dr Mehmood was that after completion of my degree I will move back to India. The practical research I carried out in Plant Biochemistry and Molecular Biology laboratory received funding of 9.5 million Pakistani rupees. But My supervisor evaluated me on regional basis not on merit," a dejected Naveed said.

Asked in an email query why he was being maltreated by his supervisor, he said, "The reason behind this worst humiliation was to grab money (9.5 million) and research articles. I fought for my rights in Islamabad and lodged a complaint against my supervisor with the University authorities and Higher Education Commission for justice.

However, they have not taken any action till date," he said.
In his absence from home for more than three years, Naveed's younger sister passed away. "When I handed over the thesis to my supervisor for submission in December 2011, my sister who had cardiac problems was waiting for me. I was scheduled to reach home but my supervisor did not allow me. My beloved sister breathed her last in a Srinagar hospital. Her last words were 'my brother not returned from Pakistan and I cannot wait now anymore,'" he said.

Despite repeated attempts to contact Qaud-i-Azam University Vice Chancellor via email for his version, he wasn't available for the comment.

Recently Nadia Mehrdin, from Kasur area of Pakistan's Punjab province became the first Pakistani student to complete her Ph D from the University of Kashmir. Mehrdin had joined the university's Institute of Kashmir Studies around four years ago under the SAARC programme to pursue the course in medieval history of Kashmir.

"I'm going back with good memories. It was my dream to visit the Valley and study here," an elated Mehrdin had said. She was all praise for J&K Governor N N Vohra, who is also the chancellor of the Kashmir University.

Indian student harassed in Pakistan-India-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Blackwater

I think kashmiris wishing to join Pakistan must be given free visit and ask them to live their daily lives in Pakistan for 6 months, before realising which life is better in economic, academic activities

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
That kashmiri traitor should have done his phd in India and would have avoided this discrimination.
But iam happy because this would set an example for kashmiri traitors who want to merge with pakhanas.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
That kashmiri traitor should have done his phd in India and would have avoided this discrimination.
But iam happy because this would set an example for kashmiri traitors who want to merge with pakhanas.
He was a SAARC exchange program student and whatever has happened its like an eye opener of kashmiris to understand that their future is with India.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Gone to pakistan for PHD:rofl::rofl::rofl::shocked::shocked:

this shows the IQ of that student

lesson for Kashmirs, who thinks they will be happy if merged with pakis

:pound::pound:

The only education Pakis can offer today with "excellence" is Terrorism and Killing.

Pakistan is the International University of Terrorism and Pakistan is a Un-Islamic State.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
The only education Pakis can offer today with "excellence" is Terrorism and Killing.

Pakistan is the International University of Terrorism and Pakistan is a Un-Islamic State.
its in the system of Pakistan of oppose Indians and for this only Pakistan was established , what is needed in Pakistan is a grass root movement which make them understand that they were created just stop the development of Sub Continent people

Rajendra91

What the Pak is this?
(just kidding)
He gone there to suck their Di-ck, unfortunately or fortunately they screwed his a$$

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
This shows that Indian students who come to Pakistan for studies in science & technology are considered RAW spy by Pakistanis.

krill

Hahaha..i think he deserved it for his idiocy. Who in their right minds would choose Pakistan for any kind of legit education ??....let alone a p.hd.

I bet even the professor got his phd from some kind of water car scheme.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
who the hell in their right mind will choose a PhD program in Pakistan. Pakistan in nowhere even in the top 50 list or possibly top 100 list of higher education countries. A degree from Pakisan means zilch in the corporate world.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles