Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta

Country flag
Can you please explain your question better?
ok i'll do it again:

commandos train right from the start as a buddy pair. they eat, sleep, train and basically go through the grind together. so much so, they even take leaves together. this ensures that they are completely in sync with each other and are 'joined at the hip' to form a very effective unitary combat team. such a bonding is not easy to achieve with regular troops.

now, if one of them gets killed, what happens to the surviving commando later on in his career? the buddy pair is effectively destroyed (imho, that is). does he continue on in his commando career as a single fighting entity or is a new buddy allotted to him? if so, how would they go through the familiarisation process if they can't go through the grind together again? otherwise, is he assigned to another pair as a third guy, which may affect the team dynamics?

also, in the selection process, i dont think they finally filter recruits in even numbers. what happens to the last guy left? does he wait for a buddy from the next selection course?

your answer was centered around an ongoing operation, where the dead commando's body needs to be extracted and the task at hand needs to be fulfilled. my question is based on what happens in the long run.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
ok i'll do it again:

commandos train right from the start as a buddy pair. they eat, sleep, train and basically go through the grind together. so much so, they even take leaves together. this ensures that they are completely in sync with each other and are 'joined at the hip' to form a very effective unitary combat team. such a bonding is not easy to achieve with regular troops.

now, if one of them gets killed, what happens to the surviving commando later on in his career? the buddy pair is effectively destroyed (imho, that is). does he continue on in his commando career as a single fighting entity or is a new buddy allotted to him? if so, how would they go through the familiarisation process if they can't go through the grind together again? otherwise, is he assigned to another pair as a third guy, which may affect the team dynamics?

also, in the selection process, i dont think they finally filter recruits in even numbers. what happens to the last guy left? does he wait for a buddy from the next selection course?

your answer was centered around an ongoing operation, where the dead commando's body needs to be extracted and the task at hand needs to be fulfilled. my question is based on what happens in the long run.
This does not happen.

The buddy pair system is there for the operation and nothing else.Commandos are never trained like that.Then they will have to pass and fail them based on how both perform which is not practical.(they are only given tasks as a buddy in training)

Secondly,there is no such thing as odd or even in the selection because this pairing thing doesn't exist for selection.

Officers have sepoy buddies and this doesnt mean that the officer will live with the sepoy or if he goes home the officer has to also go home.

This is why i told you in my first post that you are taking this too seriously.

You could have a buddy pair from 10th Para living together but one of them is sent to 9 Para and the other one could be sent to Belgaum and then the 9th Para guy will have a new buddy and maybe in some operations they wont be together also.

The Company Commander selects the team to be sent.The team will have various sub teams depending upon the nature of the operation.In this team the buddy pairs will be formed.Like for eg the assualt group,fire support group etc. So they have to be together for that operation and in the next operation they could be in different location all together.

delta

Country flag
This does not happen.

The buddy pair system is there for the operation and nothing else.Commandos are never trained like that.Then they will have to pass and fail them based on how both perform which is not practical.(they are only given tasks as a buddy in training)

Secondly,there is no such thing as odd or even in the selection because this pairing thing doesn't exist for selection.

Officers have sepoy buddies and this doesnt mean that the officer will live with the sepoy or if he goes home the officer has to also go home.

This is why i told you in my first post that you are taking this too seriously.

You could have a buddy pair from 10th Para living together but one of them is sent to 9 Para and the other one could be sent to Belgaum and then the 9th Para guy will have a new buddy and maybe in some operations they wont be together also.

The Company Commander selects the team to be sent.The team will have various sub teams depending upon the nature of the operation.In this team the buddy pairs will be formed.Like for eg the assualt group,fire support group etc. So they have to be together for that operation and in the next operation they could be in different location all together.
hmm....you could be right that i am taking the buddy system thing too seriously.

however, i have read from military sources and they make it a point to insist how important the buddies are for each other. but then again, it could just be my perception too. case closed.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Aero India 2k17, can anyone explain me utility of this scooe on Tar even when there was a Negev without scope..
With a bipod this is a STAR-21 that will be very useful in a designated marksman role, why would you put a telescopic sight on the Negev LMG? The Negev is meant to provide cover fire and area suppression, not make well aimed shots.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Is that digital camouflage........?
The other wearing IAF special ops patch ...the white guy who is he?
May be Irish airforce or some western country with "I"

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
They should have bought upgrade kits for VZs too as SF likes VZ58s more than Ak for its light weight , accuracy and fast rate of fire.

uoftotaku

Country flag
They should have bought upgrade kits for VZs too as SF likes VZ58s more than Ak for its light weight , accuracy and fast rate of fire.
Haven't seen an VZ's operational in long time. SF especially seems to be almost fully Tavor equipped in valley for most ops. Anyone can shed light as to what happened to the VZ stock? I like that gun, much better to shoot and operate than AKM. Only problem with traditional VZ for me was the lack of space to mount any optics.

Arjan Singh Shekhawat

Darymple
*offtopic*
Is there any way to stop the propaganda , expansion of left wing pseudo-intellectualism ?
They are targetting each university and people of these far left ideology are very much together and they create an issue out of nowhere and they are publicised well on each media.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
@Bornubus

Its a damn shame that SSG even with their mighty beard and one true deen were beaten to death like street dogs by villagers in Punjab with mothereffing sticks.:rofl::rofl:
The unit is 19 th Baloch which is the parent Unit of Pak SSG aslo known as "Mother of SSG" . Other than that some SSG commando along with Regulars infiltrated in Kashmir as saboteur lived here for months and slipped back to Pak.

Musharaf served in this Unit.

jS4me1487783075.jpg

Last edited:

sthf

Country flag
The unit is 19 th Baloch which is the parent Unit of Pak SSG aslo known as "Mother of SSG"

I think you may know this but posting here for posterity.

19 Baloch was raised as a cover for the special forces (SSG) under the supervision of US Army Special Forces aka Green Berets to fight the Communist expansion in Asia which at the time included China.

As for the COMMANDO JERNAIL (jiski patloon dhili ho jati hai as per DG ISI & COAS Ziauddin Butt), that clown got lucky when an Indian soldier's gun jammed in 1965.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
SSG commandos surrendered in front of taliban.When they came to know that they were going to be killed they started fighting back and ended up dead...got a bravery award for this.

Such a pathetic record for a SF.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

I think you may know this but posting here for posterity.

19 Baloch was raised as a cover for the special forces (SSG) under the supervision of US Army Special Forces aka Green Berets to fight the Communist expansion in Asia which at the time included China.

As for the COMMANDO JERNAIL (jiski patloon dhili ho jati hai as per DG ISI & COAS Ziauddin Butt), that clown got lucky when an Indian soldier's gun jammed in 1965.
What do you mean by gun jammed.

sthf

Country flag
What do you mean by gun jammed.

If I remember correctly, Mushy, then an arty officer came face to face with an Indian soldier who was about to shoot him but his gun got jammed so Commando Jernail shot him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles