Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I wonder why NSG Commandos stick with MP 5 SMG. Why Can't they not going for tar 21 assault rifles and x 95 Carbine
http://**********/attachments/gd8_1451889973-jpg.288754/ http://**********/attachments/img_20151113_095145-jpg.271528/ http://**********/attachments/igkgkhkhk-png.93570/

WolfPack86

Country flag
While all our special forces equipped with x 95 and tar 21 rifles. NSG Commandos only unit in India equipped mp 5 gun and also Terrorists can easily over power NSG Commandos. Mp 5 smg are no match for ak 47 guns.

Nuvneet Kundu

While all our special forces equipped with x 95 and tar 21 rifles. NSG Commandos only unit in India equipped mp 5 gun and also Terrorists can easily over power NSG Commandos. Mp 5 smg are no match for ak 47 guns.
Not true. Their mandate is different, they have access to a wider variety of weapons, they pick and choose as per the mission requirements. They also have SIG 55X series guns and any other gun they want. Going by your logic of overpowering, I think we should tell NSG to start carrying 155mm artillery guns so that they can overpower terrorists who have those puny AK47s. :D

Nuvneet Kundu

No man just assault rifles and new smg.
What disadvantage does the MP5 have and which operations does it impede? and what advantage does a new smg give us? can you give any objective points? In an urban environment without war like bunkers or long ranges. A smaller caliber light weight gun is best. Doesn't matter what gun the terrorist carry, it's not like our guns and their guns have to run an olympic race to win. A gun that allows you to shoot the terrorist before he shoots is the best gun. The terrorists are at a disadvantage for carrying AK47 but they are forced to do so because ISI wants to maintain deniability. If given a choice, even terrorists would want MP5.

WolfPack86

Country flag

Currently Indian army Ghatak platoon using these weapon and even mumbai police started using these gun
http://**********/attachments/5969647470_81339d0875_b-jpg.216802/ http://**********/attachments/maxresdefault-jpg.216815/

Nuvneet Kundu

Currently Indian army Ghatak platoon using these weapon and even mumbai police started using these gun
http://**********/attachments/5969647470_81339d0875_b-jpg.216802/ http://**********/attachments/maxresdefault-jpg.216815/

Posting photographs of guns doesn't answer the question.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Well smg very usefull for close quarter combat well mp 9 smg has various advantages than other smg it is short compare to mp 5 and it is also ambidextrous, single fire and auto fire.

salute

are you for real,
'terrorist easliy overpower nsg commando', :facepalm:

their jf is running away by just name of lca and this guy here saying bs,

first tell that terrorist to come out of mousehole,

then nsg commando gonna kick his a#% with yoga postures,even he not gonna require to use martial arts, :laugh:

mp5 is smaller,compact makes them easier for handling,shooting from corners,they shoot mp5 with one hand,and easier to move through obstacles,
more accurate because of small caliber but with rate of fire,
makes it useful for close combat,
its tactical weapon for them,
but me no pro,

maybe our new expert @Nuvneet Kundu give some more info.

kr9

Country flag
@WolfPack86 :

The TMP-9 does not have a burst mode.
Which I think is one of the fire discipline drills done by NSG (& other CT forces around the world). The burst is a balanced mode for a controlled type of automatic fire with tighter grouping & improved rate of fire as compared to single shot even up to 70 meters or so (with the Mp5) - which is quite appealing to units operating mostly in close vicinity of civilians.

I guess the Mp5 would also have a range and accuracy advantage owing to the longer barrel length.

As for TAR-21s, it is world famous as one of the most expensive rifles. (and in some cases, the high velocity rifle rounds ricochet and deflect more if it hits concrete & other similar materials & hit civilians - which is okay for terrorist scum but not an option for the good guys).

Maybe that's why.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The MP-5 remains one of most used used SMGs in th eworld and is still favoured by many CT units.

The NSG's mandate is 100% HR/CT so it makes sense their primary weapon remains the Mp-5. Post 26/11 the NSG has put 1-2 SiG-552 assualt rifles/carbines in each HIT (an NSG assualt team) to mitigate against the threat of terrorists wearing BPJs.

That said, in the close quarters the NSG operates in the Mp-5 is ideal- they are trained for the "double tap" method and aim for the head- in close proximity the MP-5 has very accuracy and in the hands of the NSG it is deadly.

5.56mm calibre rifles in CQB still poses the threat of "over penetration".

The NSG know their stuff, if they are sticking with the MP-5 it is for good reason.

mp 9 has 900 rounds per minute.
The MP9 has no descernable advantdge over the Mp-5 to justify replacing all of the NSG's MP-5s, the rounds per minuete figure is absolutely pointless as you are never going to hold the trigger down and fire constantly for a minuet, you have, at most, a 30 round magazine and the NSG trains to fire in single shots- not full automatic anyway.

Look at the Mp-5s the NSG has now- they have all the accessories you would need- torches, sights, lasers etc.

kr9

Country flag
still using handheld thermals thats what they used at kargil war,

modernisation. :laugh:

Isn't that better for assault squads in urban areas; mounted thermals might not give a clear vision when it comes to the general environment , and the operative might have to constantly peep out/raise his head to gain his bearings. Weapon mounted thermals would be more suited to snipers and in open terrain, I think.

But that's just me. :)

Nuvneet Kundu

Isn't that better for assault squads in urban areas; mounted thermals might not give a clear vision when it comes to the general environment , and the operative might have to constantly peep out/raise his head to gain his bearings. Weapon mounted thermals would be more suited to snipers and in open terrain, I think.

But that's just me. :)
You're right. Mounted thermals are for the battlefield. They don't use weapon mounted thermals for urban counter terror ops. Most of the times, it's the NSG that deliberately cuts off the power before an assault. In that case they use helmet mounted night vision.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Guys I am still not able to believe that we lost seven of our men during the Pathankot attack by the JeM terrorists. We are well equipped and protected by the pictures posted above. I am not able to come to a logical conclusion of how 7 of our men died when we are better equipped than those terrorists.....

abingdonboy

Country flag
Guys I am still not able to believe that we lost seven of our men during the Pathankot attack by the JeM terrorists. We are well equipped and protected by the pictures posted above. I am not able to come to a logical conclusion of how 7 of our men died when we are better equipped than those terrorists.....
1)5 out of 7 weren't "well equipped" SFs but DSC and to make it worse were not on duty when killed and they still kileld at least 1 terrorist
2) 1 Garud killed during intial engagment with the terrorists- in that situation the terrorists (attackers) will always have the element of surprise
3) 1 NSG EOD tech killed during bomb sweeps- IEDs remain a threat with almost no counterso equipment is almost irrelevent

0 lives were lost beyond the intial contacts and 0 NSG assualter lost their lives in direct combat as they eliminated the terroirsts one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles