Indian nuclear submarines

captscooby81

Country flag
Not sure i am right here or not ..but for me this looks like two different subs one measuring 94 metres in length and another 98 metres in length this extra 4 metres can add what 2 or 4 silos ?? considering the diameter of K-4 is 5 feet we can carry only 2 more extra in Arighat compared to Arihant ...

INS Arihant and Arighat.jpg

no smoking

Country flag
70 percent Indian made and 30 percent imported from Russia. That's why it's a tech D and INS Arighat or Aridhaman is the real deal which will have more Indian components.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk
Well, French claimed that 70% of components of Indian Scorpene can't be made locally.
But anyway, my point is that India is still relying on foreign suppliers for key components of her submarines, then it is very funny to believe that Indian can fake her progress on the submarine building.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Well, French claimed that 70% of components of Indian Scorpene can't be made locally.
But anyway, my point is that India is still relying on foreign suppliers for key components of her submarines, then it is very funny to believe that Indian can fake her progress on the submarine building.
As per Scorpene, it's license built not Indian indigenous anyways, it is built in India just to train workers. Gov data says, first Scorpene subs have 30 percent indigenous content while follow on sub has 48. So it did increased. Their are potential manufacturers of the some of the "key" components, but they investing on infrastructure will cause more than importing.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

kurup

Country flag
Not sure i am right here or not ..but for me this looks like two different subs one measuring 94 metres in length and another 98 metres in length this extra 4 metres can add what 2 or 4 silos ?? considering the diameter of K-4 is 5 feet we can carry only 2 more extra in Arighat compared to Arihant ...

View attachment 22702
The sub on top is Akula while the one below is Arihant.

^^^^^ On second look the sub on top looks like Arihant Class but with signal flags indicating a launch of sub ...... :)

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
Naah i don t think the one and top is Akula ..its sure both ATV not sure which is one what ..but both looks like SSBN ..

The sub on top is Akula while the one below is Arihant.

^^^^^ On second look the sub on top looks like Arihant Class but with signal flags indicating a launch of sub ...... :)

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Naah i don t think the one and top is Akula ..its sure both ATV not sure which is one what ..but both looks like SSBN ..
True that. Both the submarines in the pics have diving planes on their conning towers, but Akula does not have diving planes.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

View attachment 22702
Nice work captain scooby.
How did you measure the length?

Adioz

Akula does have diving planes , retractable ones .... not on the sail but on the hull itself
Its too difficult to spot the conning tower's location on the first submarine. It seems to me like the diving planes are protruding from the conning tower.

Looking at the placement of Akula's Diving planes (16) , it seems to me like they are closer to the front than to the conning tower.

On the 1st sat pic, it seems like the diving planes are further away from the front. => It most likely is not Akula.

kurup

Country flag
@kurup As per Wiki Akula is length is 108 m to 111 meters ..These two subs measured not more than 99 meters maximum which makes me think these are not AKULA

Either it can be images of single sub or two different sub

@SREEKAR you get a ruler to measure distance in image viewer ...
You have to take into account the length of sub below the waterline also .

captscooby81

Country flag

binayak95

Country flag
@binayak95 @Adioz @kurup ...Would you take a look of this and let me know which type this sub resembles the closest ?

i had gone through so many images in the internet of all the Class type submarines in the internet the closest it comes is to Ohio class but again not exactly matches it ..

I strongly feel this is our SSBN or It may be our first SSN ....

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indian-nuclear-submarines.10/page-102#post-1304120
That's not an Indian boat. Certainly not a SSBN. Maybe French/British? I'll get back to you.

Does seem like the Triomphant class boats.

Adioz

@binayak95 @Adioz @kurup ...Would you take a look of this and let me know which type this sub resembles the closest ?

i had gone through so many images in the internet of all the Class type submarines in the internet the closest it comes is to Ohio class but again not exactly matches it ..

I strongly feel this is our SSBN or It may be our first SSN ....

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/indian-nuclear-submarines.10/page-102#post-1304120
Looks like ohio class to me...............

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Screenshot_20180123-193632.jpg

Two parking spots for two dolphins. But as some here mentioned we have 3. And I don't find that survey ship which has three radar domes on it. This one is not seen in harbor. Donna where she is?

Babloo Singh

Country flag
View attachment 22759
Two parking spots for two dolphins. But as some here mentioned we have 3. And I don't find that survey ship which has three radar domes on it. This one is not seen in harbor. Donna where she is?
You can park two in white shed.... the dark shed is for Testing & powering on of the Nuclear Reactor...
And what's point of having all your SSBN parked... any given time at least one will be in sea.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
You can park two in white shed.... the dark shed is for Testing & powering on of the Nuclear Reactor...
And what's point of having all your SSBN parked... any given time at least one will be in sea.
I think these shelters are made of tin-sheets. They won't even survive air strike.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles