Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

ramdas hegde

Is Aridhaman renamed as Arighat?
Why India Today reported it as second and not third?
1) either name has been changed
2) Arihant will be like just a test bed, hence after Aridhaman,Arighat 2nd?
3) 2nd in Aridhaman class?
4) Somehow, Aridhaman isn't launched at all and Arighat is launched before it

What actually happened?
Some said Aridhaman is already in sea trials... Then how can it is "relaunched"?

"Arighat" still "second" is confusing me....
first is arihant so second is Arighat.
is there any proof that S3 named Aridhaman??? it was just media named it Aridhaman. it's like some neighbour naming your child not you.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Lot of obfuscation going on by Navy and GoI. There was rumor Aridaman was already in the water a few months ago. I guess we will find out in a few years. The good news in SSN's are already in the works.

R A Varun

Country flag
They didn't allow india to patrol malacca. India is patrolling near andaman nicobar islands in the international seas. Moreover, Singapore is quite close with India as it also shares insecurities due to Muslim countries.

You are mistaking Malacca for private sea. It is an international strait. It is shared by countries of Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. No one country can exercise control unilaterally

PS- Indonesia had offered to acquire Andaman Islands from india in 1971 war. So, don't call them friendly countries.
iis there any thread regarding only andaman and nicobar islets military orle

Vinod DX9

Country flag
We need at least 50 submarines to counter china and pakistan navy.
6 P-75+ 6 P-75I = 12 min new
5 SSBN + 6 SSN = 11 Nuclear
1 Akula class on lease...
So min 24 will be in service

Now, my friends were saying all 9 remaining Sindhughosh subs will be refitted to serve another two decade
So will be 4 Shishumar subs
So the oldies will add 13

We may procure two Akula subs rather just one.

And rather if we go reports of Anup sir etc rather LiveFist/India Today, S1 itsef a tech demo SSBN rather just reactor, so this will add 1 more.

So, total add 15

So this will make a total no to 39

Now there is discussion wheither additional 3 subs should procure underP-75

This may increase fleet strength to 42.

Rumour is going on of atleast three indigenous conventional powered attack subs based on Scorpene class. Though Anup sir discarded it.
I have asked my friends links who are still supporting the rumours.

So basically 45 fleet strength may be a possibility.

But if the fleet strength remain just 24, even 24+4 Shishumar + 4 last of Sindhughosh class....it's disappointing

WolfPack86

Country flag

Now, my friends were saying all 9 remaining Sindhughosh subs will be refitted to serve another two decade

And rather if we go reports of Anup sir etc rather LiveFist/India Today, S1 itsef a tech demo SSBN rather just reactor, so this will add 1 more.

So, total add 15

Rumour is going on of atleast three indigenous conventional powered attack subs based on Scorpene class. Though Anup sir discarded it.

But if the fleet strength remain just 24, even 24+4 Shishumar + 4 last of Sindhughosh class....it's disappointing
45 submarine fleet is good for India considering Chinese submarines and ships entering into Indian ocean. How about non-nuclear barccuda submarines for India. This submarines offered to Austrialia eventually French won the contract. We must petition MOD for 50 submarines fleet for Indian Navy.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
45 submarine fleet is good for India considering Chinese submarines and ships entering into Indian ocean. How about non-nuclear barccuda submarines for India. This submarines offered to Austrialia eventually French won the contract. We must petition MOD for 50 submarines fleet for Indian Navy.
Do you know that scorpene submarines are to be eventually indigenised? Why barracuda? India already has nuclear submarine. Also, none gives away nuclear submarines like that. It is a closely guarded secret

WolfPack86

Country flag
Do you know that scorpene submarines are to be eventually indigenised? Why barracuda?
According to govt Project 75 I next generation submarines will be around 4000 tonnes capable carrying land attack cruise missile and other weapon system. Not only that capable of submersed inside water for 2 to 3 weeks.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Do you know that scorpene submarines are to be eventually indigenised? Why barracuda? India already has nuclear submarine. Also, none gives away nuclear submarines like that. It is a closely guarded secret
I am talking about conventional Barracuda submarines not nuclear Barracuda submarine.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

So, total add 15

I think SSBN should not be added in the list.They are national asset and last resort,better to keep them off the table.

The main problem is China's increasing interference in IOR,they have 3 military ports in IOR now(Djibouti+gwadar+Hambantota).
I feel they will field a few subs in the name of anti piracy patrols.

Pakistan is gonna recieve 8 more subs from china.That makes it 13 subs on their side.

The 24-30 subs are not enough to counter em both altogether,a fairly small fleet of about 10-12 SSN and 30-40 SSN are needed,under any circumstances we need 40+ subs to keep pakis and Chinese in check and to dominate IOR.

Our sub building capability is small.

Last edited:

binayak95

Country flag
===================duplicate post=================
mods could you please remove this?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles