Indian firms to manufacture 'power packs' in Pakistan

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The focus and efforts of the new government to tackle the energy crisis, especially by tapping alternative energy sources, have sent a positive message to the world.

Pakistan has lagged behind in adopting modern technology to increase electricity production with lower fuel consumption, but the fresh efforts have encouraged international engineering companies to tie up with local counterparts and transfer state-of-the-art technology to the energy-starved country.

Interestingly, high-profile officials of two Indian engineering companies, which have proved their name in manufacturing high pressure boilers, are currently on a trip to Pakistan to join hands with local counterparts.

In collaboration with the locals, they will manufacture boilers, which they call 'power packs', for meeting the needs of sugar mills and allied industries through production of cheap electricity with bagasse as the main fuel.

Cheema Boilers Limited, the manufacturers of high pressure boilers, along with Triveni, the turbine manufacturers, are very keen to play their role in partnership with a local company Haseeb Waqas Group of Companies to meet the growing demand of sugar mills and allied industries.

A Memorandum of Understanding between these three companies for producing complete power packs in Pakistan was signed on Tuesday.
"We will provide our Pakistani counterparts with latest technology for high pressure boilers and turbines as we want Pakistan to upgrade its systems," said Hardeep Singh Cheema, Director Operations of Cheema Boilers while talking to The Express Tribune.

Sugar mills are the best customers for the joint venture as existing boilers in the mills have low pressure and generate less electricity.
Following replacement of these boilers with high pressure boilers, their power generation capacity will increase, for instance, from 10 megawatts to 25MW, a rise of 150% with the same consumption of bagasse.

At present, two companies are manufacturing high-pressure boilers in Pakistan, but they make one or two in a year. "The India-Pakistan venture will manufacture three to four power packs in a year at 30-40% lower price," Cheema said.

The power packs' electricity generating capacity would be around 30MW depending on the crushing capacity of sugar mills. The high pressure boilers manufactured in Pakistan costs around Rs1 billion whereas the joint venture will offer power packs for around Rs700 million.

"This venture will benefit us, as travel time and transport cost of turbines and boilers will be much lower and will provide us an opportunity to assemble more power packs in reduced time," said Javed Afzal, Senior General Manager Sales and Marketing, Haseeb Waqas Engineering.
The demand for power packs is on the rise, especially after recent government initiatives, he said, adding banks, while seeing the upcoming potential, were offering soft loans to industrialists.

The reason why Indians are moving towards Pakistan is that over 90% of their industries are energy-efficient. They produce their own electricity.
Hence, Pakistan is a lucrative market for them and there are expectations that after this venture more Indian companies will come to Pakistan, which will benefit in terms of technology transfer, creating job opportunities and reducing prices for high pressure boilers due to increased competition.

The story doesn't end here. The same power packs will produce electricity with other biomass fuels like rice husk, barn, corn cobs and coal," said Khawaja Khurram Iftikhar, the sole agent of Cheema Boilers in Pakistan.

"We hope that this trio will develop co-generation proposals for the entire sugar industry and will offer the entire project on a turnkey basis on economical terms. We will not restrict ourselves to the sugar industry but will also offer power generation solution to cater to the needs of other industries, through a network of our sales force across Pakistan," Iftikhar added.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 7th, 2013.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/587331/...firms-to-manufacture-power-packs-in-pakistan/

Blackwater

Taking help from india is ""HARAM"" in constitution of pakistan:p:p:p

@ farhaan

sob

Mod
Country flag
Boycott these two companies. I thought that Dhruv Sahney had better ideas what to do with his business.

how can they think of profit before the country. Bastar.s

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Boycott these two companies. I thought that Dhruv Sahney had better ideas what to do with his business.

how can they think of profit before the country. Bastar.s
why so?

even india is killing our kashmiri people but we havent said anything like this before

sob

Mod
Country flag
beggars cant be choosers, plus we do not need anything from you ........ whom do you want to boycott go ahead do it
do you ever think before posting here??????

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
beggars cant be choosers, plus we do not need anything from you ........ whom do you want to boycott go ahead do it

but the WB report of 2010 has officially proved that indians are pathological bheekari.

Do you want me to post it or your not a beggar?i mean a bheekari

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
beside those country doesnt give a damn about a person like you.they dont even consider you worth attention taking

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Is secularism and Vote bank politics of anti-national Con-gress is in play to make pakistan stronger and India weak by looting the nation and making Indian agencies toothless, CBI, CAG etc are a gone case, IA is next....

sob

Mod
Country flag
but the WB report of 2010 has officially proved that indians are pathological bheekari.

beside those country doesnt give a damn about a person like you.they dont even consider you worth attention taking
Quit chewing whatever you have been taking. Seriously do you ever read what you really post or maybe Bill was right about you.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
why so?
even india is killing our kashmiri people but we havent said anything like this before
Nothing would make me happier than if you killed your people.

==
Seriously, I want to read that report.

Mind you India is home to close to 18% of Humanity. And if you keep solely third world/developing countries in mind, India's population would be close to 30-60% depending on the basket of countries.

==

Is this argument ? Seriously ?
He is talking about boycotting those companies dealing with a known sponsor of terror nation. I think so this is a very powerful argument which will have great resonance with the Indian public.

naseem

Let the time come when you will be begging for a pakistani visa

naseem

Your nation or your govt. was not willing to give money for people kidnapped by the pirates it was pakistan who gived money to save your people

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Let the time come when you will be begging for a pakistani visa
Why would he want a Pakistani Visa ? The man is traveling round the globe half the year.

His relatives (his family are zamindars from Pakistan) still in Pakistan are trying to relocate to India

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Your nation or your govt. was willing to give money for people kidnapped bu the pirates it was pakistan who gived money to save your people
You don't make sense. How is this even related ? And if India was willing to give money then why did Pakistan give ?

naseem

You don't make sense. How is this even related ? And if India was willing to give money then why did Pakistan give ?
Sorry i have Edited my post now indian govt was not willing to give money

bennedose

Hey you have to be a risk taker:
1. If you go to Pakistan
2. If you can make money from bhookananga Pakistan

Anyone who can squeeze money out of the pious momeen would be interesting to watch - because anyone who is wealthy in Pakistan would connect with him and give leads on money laundering, terror financing and other normal activities of the Islamic Republic of Pakahanastan

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sorry i have Edited my post now indian govt was not willing to give money
I would like some links.
ARe you talking about the ship where the Pakistani crew helped Somalian pirates hijack it ?

bennedose

Inshaallaha ! May that happen, even if in your dreams...
Bhadra you have to excuse anyone who thinks people beg for Pakistani visas. Perhaps you too were like that. I certainly was when I was a young man. I used to imagine that beautiful actresses would come begging to be my partner. Age and education taught me about reality. In Pakistan there is no education and only a few people, who do not get killed early by Pakistans IT (International terrorism) business, get the wisdom of age (within the limits of the IQ allowed by too many cousin marriages)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles