Indian Ballistic Missile Defense System

no smoking

Country flag
Unfortunately for Pakistan, their width is not that large. The farthest point should be around 700kms from Indian border. But most of their military bases are much close to India. So they really need to worry.
They don't need much width, 150 - 200km away from border is enough for their missiles. Their missile range is enough to cover it.

no smoking

Country flag
Exactly. That is why they are worried about India in Afghanistan. If India bases ABM's in Afghanistan then paki missiles are cooked for sure.
India's ABM in Afghanistan for what? There is no place in Pakistan that radar in Afghan can see while radar in India can't see.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
NO actually their missiles have never been tested to more than 600 km. They have no tracking radar capability and just hope that gravity will bring the missile down to earth. Near 100-200 Km if detected early both AAD and PDV can intercept them.
Afghanistan most likely may end up having a US base and THAAD system and that will drive the pakis nuts.

torque456

More manouverable? that kind of low g manuouverable is meaningless for defense missile!
Faster? No, here we are talking about accelerating which solid fuel engine performs better.
Liquid fueled rockets have better specific impulse than solid rockets and are capable of being throttled, shut down, and restarted.

Source: Wiki

gadeshi

Exactly. That is why they are worried about India in Afghanistan. If India bases ABM's in Afghanistan then paki missiles are cooked for sure.
S-400 is more likely due to its outstanding mobility and self-defence suit.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
Well, same to you, my friend. I never said that you claim PDV to be able to intercept during boosting stage. I said that you "want" to use it for that job, which I pointed out there is no such possibility considering the current features of PDV.
Do you write here only because you have to write something or for sake of logic?

But theoritically speaking we could intercept a 2K missile in boost phase with PAD. But the problem is detecting it at the very second of ignition.
post# 1620

Another news which is out is that PAD is a hypersonic missile.
post# 1637

These are my past posts. Where did you saw me using the term that "PDV could be used to intercept a BM in boost phase"?

gadeshi

Speaking of booster phase interception.

Why Prithvi target missile is coming from bottom and AAD intercept it from top ??
It's because hitting the missile on active trajectory part (on take-off) is the best and easiest option.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Papai Mondal

Last line of defen
Terminal phase interception is the easiest part of all interceptions since you get more warning time, lower requirement to interceptors. The only problem is that is your last defense line, you miss it then you suffer the blast. That is why people trying to push their interception range up to the space or far to the missile launch site.
Last line of defence could be lasers or microwave weapons or we already have akash system which can be a cheap last line of defence but a rather bulky one (whose bulkyness I don't like)

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@sayareakd sir how far are we into missile miniaturization, the USA has almost mastered this and their missile are very compact.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@sayareakd sir how far are we into missile miniaturization, the USA has almost mastered this and their missile are very compact.
Uncle spend more then what we spend in 5 years on our defence, plus they not only got best brains of world, but also got all the best tech available and are on cutting edge of things.
Still we are also working. MKV (multiple kill vehicles) is the key.

Here AD1 drawing for you

pencil_sketch_1516614356315.jpg

It means we are on track.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
And still there was a ruckus a year back when I said that AAD is capable enough to intercept a Paki missile in boost phase.
This was first test for BMD used for booster phase interceptor, in theory it may, but you need tests to validate it.

Chinmoy

Country flag
This was first test for BMD used for booster phase interceptor, in theory it may, but you need tests to validate it.
I only mentioned that we could use our AAD to intercept a Paki missile in boost phase. But one member here started jumping up and down that its only for terminal interception.

Country flag
As a missile based on originally liquid rocket, it is hard to believe this missile can have a decent accelerating capability at the beginning stage even it already changed to solid engine.
Why can't a liquid fuel missile can't have decent accelerating capability, Most space agencies use liquid fuel engines, specially cryogenic engines to achieve high speeds. Not only they provide very high acceleration, but also take very less space and weight.

This is most absurd comment I have come across that liquid fuel rockets cannot achieve high acceleration, you would have a point had you said that there would be extra logistics needed and preparation time to get the missile ready for launch.

Country flag
I never said PDV to be able to intercept any BM during boost phase. I only mentioned that with Phase II PAD, there is a possibility to intercept any 2k range BM on its boost or coasting phase.

Please try to understand on what context a statement had been made before jumping to conclusion.
PDV can do boost phase interception but It will need very explosive booster to reach in the ~300km vicinity of the launched missile and very quickly.

Unlike AAD It is too large to be carried by aircraft like Su30.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles