Indian Ballistic Missile Defense System

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
since it is of great interest to me how we are going to intercept the enemy missile and get 99% probability and someone who is following our BMD programme from the day one, when it was made public.

here is the warhead interception picture of PAD march 2009 and now AAD Dec 2017 test comparison
compare.jpg

With Gimballed warhead it tried to get proximity fuse explosive warhead to get the target missile RV, the looks of the Gimballed IR screen shot shows that it throws explosive with some other explosive shells and then these explosive shells further explode. Looks like advantage of this system is that it almost make it nil chance of enemy missile getting away, if any major part, some how get away.

AAD will come into picture, it will go for HTK and take out the entire target, burning it in air.

Amazing tech at display.

Wait to say PDV warhead shots...................:india:

your views are most welcome................:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Hindustani78

So the test was carried out against Indian Ballistic Missile ?

As Indian Establishment is having good relations with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia then Indian Scientists and Miliary experts should work with Saudi Military as the Saudi Military has acquired some Chinese missiles to test Anti ballistic Missile Defense test.

Chinese missiles displayed at a military parade in Saudi Arabia on April 29.

Willy2

So the test was carried out against Indian Ballistic Missile ?

As Indian Establishment is having good relations with Kingdom of Saudi Arabia then Indian Scientists and Miliary experts should work with Saudi Military as the Saudi Military has acquired some Chinese missiles to test Anti ballistic Missile Defense test.

Chinese missiles displayed at a military parade in Saudi Arabia on April 29.

These are DF-3 ,almost 50 year old now . lightyears difference in technology with current tactical BM of china who are going to be the rival of Indias ABM.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
DF-17 vs IBMDS .....can you analyse please ....many are asking if we can take out DF-17

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
You didn't get it, what i am trying to say, now it appears they are going for multipurpose missiles.
One missile for both roles.
Do we have atomic bomb warhead in ABM to reduce chances of miss?

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Nope .... Using Atomic warhead to destroy enemy missile is same as enemy detonating nukes on us....we are there to stop a nuke why we will use nuke instead? It's either to kinetic kill or simple detonation to fry cheaps inside enemy missile

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Nope .... Using Atomic warhead to destroy enemy missile is same as enemy detonating nukes on us....we are there to stop a nuke why we will use nuke instead? It's either to kinetic kill or simple detonation to fry cheaps inside enemy missile
I have posted a video of 2kT atom bomb several times in this forum. The video shows that it is not really devastating. So, a 100kT nuke can definitely be intercepted with 2kT nuke. The shockwave will throw the incoming missile off course and make it hit some wrong target

porky_kicker

Country flag
since it is of great interest to me how we are going to intercept the enemy missile and get 99% probability and someone who is following our BMD programme from the day one, when it was made public.

here is the warhead interception picture of PAD march 2009 and now AAD Dec 2017 test comparisonView attachment 22246 .

With Gimballed warhead it tried to get proximity fuse explosive warhead to get the target missile RV, the looks of the Gimballed IR screen shot shows that it throws explosive with some other explosive shells and then these explosive shells further explode. Looks like advantage of this system is that it almost make it nil chance of enemy missile getting away, if any major part, some how get away.

AAD will come into picture, it will go for HTK and take out the entire target, burning it in air.

Amazing tech at display.

Wait to say PDV warhead shots...................:india:

your views are most welcome................:biggrin2::biggrin2:
let me add some additional info

PAD warhead

ww.jpg

the warhead assembly has a locally developed multi-EFP directional warhead mounted on a gimbaled assembly , this tech is know to be used by Israel, US and Russia only

this warhead is used in PAD anti ballistic missile/interceptor

www.png

multi-EFP directional warhead is mounted on a gimbaled assembly and is fired towards the target within the NEZ , then the multi-efp directional warhead is set off sending out multiples of EFP projectiles concentrated in the intended direction thereby increasing the kill probability over other conventional continuous rod warhead/ pre frag warhead types (these warheads r not directional )

the warhead releases around 640 explosively formed penetrators at the target (the no maybe more my memory fails me, i read it long time ago )

directional warheads allows all the projectiles/explosive effect to be concentrated onto a target (highly increasing hit probability / increased severity of hit) rather than dispersing the same in a 180 degree profile via conventional SAM warheads (these have reduced chances of hit or lower chances of severity of hit)

wwww.jpg
wwww.jpg

if you want to visualize PAD warhead dispersion pattern in real life ie 3D , imagine a expanding cone with the base enveloping towards the target albeit from the side/flank, in a picture ie 2D format we will see it as a expanding 360 degree circle almost centered on the target.

Last edited:

cyclops

Country flag
Can someone enlighten us as to what new subsystems and/or parameters were tested in this particular AAD test?

Also are there any plans for SBIRS like early IR detection satellites?

And can the Insat series satellites be used for the same?

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
let me add some additional info

PAD warhead

View attachment 22267

the warhead assembly has a locally developed multi-EFP directional warhead mounted on a gimbaled assembly , this tech is know to be used by Israel, US and Russia only

this warhead is used in PAD anti ballistic missile/interceptor

View attachment 22268

multi-EFP directional warhead is mounted on a gimbaled assembly and is fired towards the target within the NEZ , then the multi-efp directional warhead is set off sending out multiples of EFP projectiles concentrated in the intended direction thereby increasing the kill probability over other conventional continuous rod warhead/ pre frag warhead types (these warheads r not directional )

the warhead releases around 640 explosively formed penetrators at the target (the no maybe more my memory fails me, i read it long time ago )

directional warheads allows all the projectiles/explosive effect to be concentrated onto a target (highly increasing hit probability / increased severity of hit) rather than dispersing the same in a 180 degree profile via conventional SAM warheads (these have reduced chances of hit or lower chances of severity of hit)

View attachment 22269 View attachment 22269

if you want to visualize PAD warhead dispersion pattern in real life ie 3D , imagine a expanding cone with the base enveloping towards the target albeit from the side/flank, in a picture ie 2D format we will see it as a expanding 360 degree circle almost centered on the target.
Any idea bhai who posted all the three pics. Plus took pain to take first one

Vinod DX9

Country flag
It's not about being much devastated or lower, any nuke detonation will spread huge radioactivity... Plus high altitude detonation.... EMP ....that's what I can say .... @Kshithij ,not much concept I have
What you do say @sayareakd sir?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles