Indian Army general service vehicle

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Israelis tested Scorpio for IDF almost a decade ago.

Also, its now in service for Indian forces deployed UN Peacekeeping missions.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think journalist have taken liberty in writing the report. Although its true, but not upto the mark. This tender which was put somewhere in 2012 has asked specifically for 2 tonnes SUV for troop and officer movement.

However, the Tata Group appears to have presented a better financial deal to the army, which has sought to replace its fleet of Gypsy vehicles that are used extensively at the battalion level to transport troops and officers.
Now although we would see Gypsy being phased out from transporting officers or general movement, but it would always be there for strategic movement unless and until something better comes out.

dhruv-gypsy-insert.jpg

Now imagine something like this with Safari. Would it be possible?

main-qimg-214fe84eeddbe6d39b5a78a253b5e7c3-c.jpg

Or something like this.

Better even like this........... :). Gypsy would be there in strategic use. Its not going to go out of service anytime soon.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think journalist have taken liberty in writing the report. Although its true, but not upto the mark. This tender which was put somewhere in 2012 has asked specifically for 2 tonnes SUV for troop and officer movement.

However, the Tata Group appears to have presented a better financial deal to the army, which has sought to replace its fleet of Gypsy vehicles that are used extensively at the battalion level to transport troops and officers.
Now although we would see Gypsy being phased out from transporting officers or general movement, but it would always be there for strategic movement unless and until something better comes out.

dhruv-gypsy-insert.jpg

Now imagine something like this with Safari. Would it be possible?

main-qimg-214fe84eeddbe6d39b5a78a253b5e7c3-c.jpg

Or something like this.

Better even like this........... :). Gypsy would be there in strategic use. Its not going to go out of service anytime soon.

aditya g

Country flag
This tender is probably for general service vehicle (gsv) requirement. Safari will be used as a staff car.... Gypsy was a horrible choice for same. Ridiculous rear seat, no comfort and no space for bullet proofing.

Gypsy is still the best for field area though. I hope the LSV tender will fulfill that.

aditya g

Country flag
This tender is probably for general service vehicle (gsv) requirement. Safari will be used as a staff car.... Gypsy was a horrible choice for same. Ridiculous rear seat, no comfort and no space for bullet proofing.

Gypsy is still the best for field area though. I hope the LSV tender will fulfill that.

republic_roi97

Country flag
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...rmy-vehicle/articleshow/55820893.cms?from=mdr

Won the competition over Mahindra Scorpio.

Even though I am a big fan of TATA Safari but still feel more modern and better options are available now;Tata Hexa could have been a better option in the similar budget range:

TATA Hexa is not a true offraoding SUV, its more of a SUV-MUV crossover with bigger wheels like Innova, Innova Crysta. Its crossover design is not suited for military needs.

republic_roi97

Country flag
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...rmy-vehicle/articleshow/55820893.cms?from=mdr

Won the competition over Mahindra Scorpio.

Even though I am a big fan of TATA Safari but still feel more modern and better options are available now;Tata Hexa could have been a better option in the similar budget range:

TATA Hexa is not a true offraoding SUV, its more of a SUV-MUV crossover with bigger wheels like Innova, Innova Crysta. Its crossover design is not suited for military needs.

ghost

Ya,I know that.But, its a 4x4 and regarding design I think as a gsv it will make a cut .Army could have it customized as per their need.

ghost

Ya,I know that.But, its a 4x4 and regarding design I think as a gsv it will make a cut .Army could have it customized as per their need.

Welcome

Country flag
they cant replace gypsy......they have much better option than tata safari storme............i can smell bribe in this deal....
they r buying tata safari only for their personal use and to carry their families to malls....

Welcome

Country flag
they cant replace gypsy......they have much better option than tata safari storme............i can smell bribe in this deal....
they r buying tata safari only for their personal use and to carry their families to malls....

armyofhind

Country flag
Make a factual point instead of jabbering off conjectures.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
I want to see ford police interceptors...in india in hands of security forces

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
I want to see ford police interceptors...in india in hands of security forces

republic_roi97

Country flag
.Army could have it customized as per their need.
For modification purposes, they could have opted for LSV by TATA or Marksman by Mahindra, I think this would be used for On-Road official works rather than usage in wars.

republic_roi97

Country flag
.Army could have it customized as per their need.
For modification purposes, they could have opted for LSV by TATA or Marksman by Mahindra, I think this would be used for On-Road official works rather than usage in wars.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles