Indian Army Destroys Five Pakistani Out Post

Decklander

That is 40mm L70, with illumination mortar round at side ..

It seems its there to hold enemy from crossing the fences ..
Even I thought it to be an L-70 40mm gun based on the shape of its barrel and rounds but I am not aware of IA using them for bunker bursting job.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That's one heck of a garden hose.
But war has its humorous moments too!

The Pak Ack Ack hit one of our Field Flush Latrines (FFL) with a volley.

The FFL collapsed and became horizontal.

In it was a man performing his morning ablutions, the door opened because of the impact and the man was caught with his pants down, laughing hysterically!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even I thought it to be an L-70 40mm gun based on the shape of its barrel and rounds but I am not aware of IA using them for bunker bursting job.
Zus, though heavy, are taken to be relatively light and hence can be manpacked up hills. We were in High Altitude. It was a Herculean task, but it served us well!

They are ideal since they can take down helicopters, as also be used in the Direct Fire role!

Comparable to the marketing concept, Buy One, Get One Free! :)

Last edited:

pmaitra

L-70 is also another Ack-Ack gun that can be very useful in direct fire mode across mountain valleys against targets on the forward slope.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, Its a beauty ..

The Rounds have electronic fuse, In Anti personal role in thick vegetation these explodes in mid air, Right above or near the target creating hell lot of shrapnel, Killing or wounding enemy in 10 m radius or more, L70 in full auto fire 250rnds per min and have a range of 12,500 m far away from enemy sniper or HMG, It can be used in many roles, Given its mobility is an issue..

Its a very effective anti-terror weapon..

pmaitra

^^

So basically it has air-burst rounds. Interesting.

Decklander

I am very well versed with 40mm gun as we had it as our AA gun on old INS Beas. We had a metadyne compartment and our gun was joystick controlled with secondary manual control. we used to do a lot of star shell shoots from these guns. It needs a seven member crew for operation of which four are mounted on the gun itself. two for firing and traversing, two as loaders for each barrel and three for supplying ammo. The rounds are loaded five at a time in the feed rack.

DEJAVU

No report by Pakistani media, even ISPR silent on it, fake news i guess.

pmaitra

It is quite possible that the Pakistani Army got a good hammering, and is too embarrassed to tell the truth to its own people. If Pakistan does not want to declare the details to its people, then Indian Army can continue hammering the Pakistani Army.

A public outrage by the Pakistani government will put more pressure on itself to retaliate, a move that will mean escalation, that Pakistan can ill afford to get involved in.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Who believes in Paki media anyway specially admitting causalities in wars.In 99 they admitted only 400 but in reality 4000 Paki soldiers got killed by Indian Army. :rofl:

Pakis admitting they are getting destroyed and thrashed by Indian Army? If they did then it would put Pakis in a big shame :lol:

It is quite possible that the Pakistani Army got a good hammering, and is too embarrassed to tell the truth to its own people. If Pakistan does not want to declare the details to its people, then Indian Army can continue hammering the Pakistani Army.

A public outrage by the Pakistani government will put more pressure on itself to retaliate, a move that will mean escalation, that Pakistan can ill afford to get involved in.
Paki soldiers were rotting and Pak Army refused to admit it was theirs in 99.It was Indian soldiers reading Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un and it took almost 10 years for Pakis to put the names of dead soldiers on their website.This is Pak Army which disowns its own men and refuse proper burial which is right for every soldier.

The MOST unprofessional and shameless Army is Pak Army.Pak Army is Un-Islamic

pankaj nema

Country flag
@ Kunal Sir and @ Decklander SIr

When will we AGAIN start using 155mm Bofors on these rouges as
we did before this stupid ceasefire

I read somewhere that Pakis had to stop using an Important road in Neelum valley
because our Bofors had made this road useless
As their convoys would be hit with impunity with our Bofors

Last edited:

Decklander

@ Kunal Sir and @ Decklander SIr

When will we AGAIN start using 155mm Bofors on these rouges as
we did before this stupid ceasefire

I read somewhere that Pakis had to stop using an Important road in Neelum valley
because our Bofors had made this road useless
As their convoys would be hit with impunity with our Bofors
PA has not resorted to the use of Arty till now so IA is also restricting itself. Let PA use it first and they will know what it was like in Kargil.

arya

Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles