Indian Army Artillery

lcafanboy

Country flag
E

Even if it's one barrel per day, the ATAGS needs other components like batteries ,servos, wheels , displays , electronics and mechanical components.
No manufacturers produces them at rate of 1 per day. Kalyani won't transport 1 barrel per day in Omni van to the assembly line. :p

Work is done Rather in batches. I dont know which assembly line churns out one entire gun a day :p
There is peak efficiency and sustainable efficiency at work.
Even those can be made but it needs order from Indian Army and GOI paying for it at that brisk rate. We're limited with defence budget. But for war time requirements it can definitely be bumped up to 1 gun per day.........

R A Varun

Country flag
The capacity to reach is 1000 guns a year it was achieved far long ago by many nations
US produced ten tanks and ten bombers a day world war itself

Does it poses a challenge now

Only thing is peace time military spending isn't good for a national health

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
All these ATAGS Dhanush Thunder, where will we use it? Considering we hardly even use Bofors on the LoC?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
This leech of a DPSU has become too big, it needs to be segregated, defunded and its employees lessened.
Its a government department. Not a DPSU. It would actually perform better if it were a DPSU. So in effect, its systemic problems are considered t be worse than PSUs.:rofl:

All these ATAGS Dhanush Thunder, where will we use it? Considering we hardly even use Bofors on the LoC?

Forgotten Kargil, have we?

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Its a government department. Not a DPSU. It would actually perform better if it were a DPSU. So in effect, its systemic problems are considered t be worse than PSUs.:rofl:

Forgotten Kargil, have we?
Are they going to do a Kargil? They are barely holding their owm territory in the north and you think they will try to capture ours?

Tanmay

Country flag

When you buy gold ornaments you don't wear it every normal day, do you ?
The higher calibre weapons are meant for full blown wars.
Going by the logic then we will be nuking Pakistan everyday for ceasefire violations

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
When you buy gold ornaments you don't wear it every normal day, do you ?
The higher calibre weapons are meant for full blown wars.
Going by the logic then we will be nuking Pakistan everyday for ceasefire violations
We build huge war making capability but we have almost never initiated a war, even when its in our interest. We will spend 100s of billions on our equipments and man power, but Pakis will still get away with a Uri or Pathankot or worse a Mumbai.

The biggest weapon in a war is INTENT. We have lost that for more than a 1000 years.

Pandeyji

Country flag
We build huge war making capability but we have almost never initiated a war, even when its in our interest. We will spend 100s of billions on our equipments and man power, but Pakis will still get away with a Uri or Pathankot or worse a Mumbai.

The biggest weapon in a war is INTENT. We have lost that for more than a 1000 years.

In other words we should stop arming ourselves because dude here doesn't like the strategy. Bravo! You just outdid @Screambowl

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

In other words we should stop arming ourselves because dude here doesn't like the strategy. Bravo! You just outdid @Screambowl

The problem is now the contenders are more than two in this game. One US other China. The fools Pakis do not understand this. India can't allow US to take advantage of Kashmir issue and same time India has to counter China.
Whatever Amoghvarsha has said is correct and was workable till 2009. After that China and US started their game in Pakistan. Now India has lost the opportunity. And that opportunity is not going to come again.

There is no other option but to restrict to whatever is happening. Economy is must.

Adioz

temp.png

^ What the F is a gun tower?

No, I mean seriously. Its meant for para. Is it some kind of field arty tractor for ultra light howitzers?

The problem is now the contenders are more than two in this game. One US other China. The fools Pakis do not understand this. India can't allow US to take advantage of Kashmir issue and same time India has to counter China.
Whatever Amoghvarsha has said is correct and was workable till 2009. After that China and US started their game in Pakistan. Now India has lost the opportunity. And that opportunity is not going to come again.
Take this discussion off the artillery thread.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
View attachment 23454
^ What the F is a gun tower?

No, I mean seriously. Its meant for para. Is it some kind of field arty tractor for ultra light howitzers?

Take this discussion off the artillery thread.

The sane people should immediately move dhanush near LC and start firing. This will also test the real situation war capabilities of the maschine.

Adioz

The sane people should immediately move dhanush near LC and start firing. This will also test the real situation war capabilities of the maschine.
Move this discussion to LoC thread. Stop shitting here.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Move this discussion to LoC thread. Stop shitting here.
I am talking about artillery , dhanush. This is very much related to this thread. They should test it's performance, and capability there.

Galaxy 7

As per The hindu news paper article M777s currently undergoing user traial. 2 delivered in may 2017,another 5 delivered in Sep 2017.
But proper induction will commence in March 2019 will be completed by 2021

Adioz

I am talking about artillery , dhanush. This is very much related to this thread. They should test it's performance, and capability there.
No. It would have been a topic for discussion here if IA was already using 155mm arty on LoC. Since IA is not doing that yet, your "suggestion" has less to do with trails of Dhanush and more to do with escalation control on LoC. Such a discussion is better moved to LoC thread (where the same discussion has taken place countless times before).

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
No. It would have been a topic for discussion here if IA was already using 155mm arty on LoC. Since IA is not doing that yet, your "suggestion" has less to do with trails of Dhanush and more to do with escalation control on LoC.
IA is already firing the 155mm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles