Indian Army Artillery

Blood+

Country flag
Why are you dancing for just 18 dhanush in a year?

These reservation quota chaaps good for nothing workers at Jabalpur ord. factory should know Kalyani steel Pune can manufacture a gun per day, 365 per year............... now that is something to dance for.......

Plus much better ATAGS 52 calibre better than bofors clone Dhanush. If these idiots were so efficient why were they sitting on Bofors blue prints until Kalyani steel announced ATAGS and fearing their jobs they came up with Dhanush......
Really??!!

Pandeyji

Country flag

These reservation quota chaaps good for nothing workers at Jabalpur ord. factory should know Kalyani steel Pune can manufacture a gun per day, 365 per year............... now that is something to dance for.......

Plus much better ATAGS 52 calibre better than bofors clone Dhanush. If these idiots were so efficient why were they sitting on Bofors blue prints until Kalyani steel announced ATAGS and fearing their jobs they came up with Dhanush......

Annnnnnnnnnd they are already running behind target. Plans were to make 36 this year. Good Job, You make us proud.
Plans were 18 in 2017, 36 this year & then 60/yr for the next 5 years if no new orders were given. Before blaming the factory remember it was army who started extended user trials after the gun has passed all weather trials (like wtf is an EUT?). We also remember how Arjun was sabotaged by driving it thousands of kilometer in reverse gear or how DRDO had to install blackbox in the engine to prevent sabotage. There is a problem with production rates but not all the blame could be laid on production side.
Also is this 1 gun a day claim could be proven or is it just a claim? Because last time I checked even Bharat Forge was also going for production of 32 LSP?

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Plans were 18 in 2017, 36 this year & then 60/yr for the next 5 years if no new orders were given. Before blaming the factory remember it was army who started extended user trials after the gun has passed all weather trials (like wtf is an EUT?). We also remember how Arjun was sabotaged by driving it thousands of kilometer in reverse gear or how DRDO had to install blackbox in the engine to prevent sabotage. There is a problem with production rates but not all the blame could be laid on production side.
Also is this 1 gun a day claim could be proven or is it just a claim? Because last time I checked even Bharat Forge was also going for production of 32 LSP?
Yep still that best tata gun also under trials but our army imported and ordered m777 without trials and then did it. its clear sabotage.

Last edited:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

@lcafanboy your pet phrase "reservation chaap workers" ticks me off more than anything. How much is the reservation quota? Subtract that number from 100. That is the number of employees of OFB who had to be brilliant to even make the cut. Getting a job at OFB is not easy, and the people sitting there are all not duffers. Many of them got there without reservation.

Oh, and once OFB is churning out 60 Dhanush a day and Kalyani has a hard time keeping his word, we'll se who you blame then. Maybe you'll blame "OFB lobby"?

And you think they came up with Dhanush overnight? And that after "Kalyani came up with ATAGS".
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
Smoke weed everyday?

lcafanboy

Country flag
Oh, and once OFB is churning out 60 Dhanush a day and Kalyani has a hard time keeping his word, we'll se who you blame then. Maybe you'll blame "OFB lobby"?

And you think they came up with Dhanush overnight? And that after "Kalyani came up with ATAGS".
60 Dhanush a day. Really now you are on a weed I suppose.

Baba Kalyani in an interview shown the capacity to make 1 barrel per day and during Kargil war ordnance factory delivered just 7000 155mm rounds in a month and were unable to produce enough cases for rounds but Kalyani steel delivered 100000 case in a month.

These assholes were sitting on Bofors gun blue prints since 1987 under tot for Bofors deal then Why these idiots didn't come up with a decent 155mm gun all these years even when Indian Army was facing huge shortage of such guns.

BTW do you know ammunition needs precise explosives and propellants to the last gram but I have seen these idiots using mugs and tumblers to fill the artillery rounds.

Now tell me if I am on weed.
Getting a job at OFB is not easy, and the people sitting there are all not duffers.
Yeah it needs lots of cash and political reach to get such job where you are paid for doing nothing.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Kalyani steel does have capacity to make 1 gun barrel per day. Now if other components are outsources then yes they can deliver a gun per day. They share this capacity with ordnance factory as they supply the barrel to ordnance factories. Since till now weapons making was not allowed to private sector now the game will change.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
60 Dhanush a day. Really now you are on a weed I suppose.

Baba Kalyani in an interview shown the capacity to make 1 barrel per day and during Kargil war ordnance factory delivered just 7000 155mm rounds in a month and were unable to produce enough cases for rounds but Kalyani steel delivered 100000 case in a month.

These assholes were sitting on Bofors gun blue prints since 1987 under tot for Bofors deal then Why these idiots didn't come up with a decent 155mm gun all these years even when Indian Army was facing huge shortage of such guns.

BTW do you know ammunition needs precise explosives and propellants to the last gram but I have seen these idiots using mugs and tumblers to fill the artillery rounds.

Now tell me if I am on weed.

Yeah it needs lots of cash and political reach to get such job where you are paid for doing nothing.
Do you not know where to direct your hatred? OFB has problems. These are system-related. WTF do you mean by "you need cash and political reach" for a job at OFB? Have you ever heard of the ESE?
And wait for a couple of years, once they reach the number 60, I'll be waiting to ask you who is on weed. FFS I have always seen you accuse the OFB (that is fine, I also accuse them for stuff), but you do it for the stupidest of reasons. Its not the human resource itself but how that human resource is handled that is a problem. Seriously I've had it with people trying to lay blame without trying to understand the root causes.
There is @Sancho who wants to blame everything Tejas on ADA, and there is you who wants to blame every OFB problem on the "reservation chaap" as if there are no general category people there. Stop oversimplifying deep-seated problems. These problems are in no way as one dimensional as you make them seem.

Pandeyji

Country flag
Kalyani steel does have capacity to make 1 gun barrel per day. Now if other components are outsources then yes they can deliver a gun per day. They share this capacity with ordnance factory as they supply the barrel to ordnance factories. Since till now weapons making was not allowed to private sector now the game will change.
Claiming a capability doesn't mean possessing it. Offcourse Baba Kalyani would claim to have such a capability. He too has got a business to run like the OFB guys have too keep their jobs. Everybody 1st and foremost cares for his/her own interests. A debutante private player in a new field even moreso.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Are the guns (barrels) different between ATAGS and Dhanush 52 caliber? I think ATAGS version had 2 axles but the pic Sjha posted of Dhanush 52 has single axle.

Pandeyji

Country flag
Are the guns (barrels) different between ATAGS and Dhanush 52 caliber? I think ATAGS version had 2 axles but the pic Sjha posted of Dhanush 52 has single axle.
Yes.
ATAGS is longer & could hold more propellant charge giving it more range. Dhanush is a modified Haubitz 77 and very suitable for high altitude misions.

SanjeevM

Country flag
I saw a video with interview of Baba Kalyani by NDTV. Baba Kalyani mentioned he had made a barrel for T-72 tank from his own funds and willing to send it to army for testing.

I believe when he can make wheels for all T-72 tanks, he must be given the opportunity to make barrels as well. It will save a lot of foreign currency.

Also government should clarify his queries regarding export permissions so hate he can earn valuable foreign currency. I hope his interview video reach MoD.

Papai Mondal

Some of the largest Cannons from Medieval Bharatvarsh..

===============>>

Jaivana cannon

This 280 mm, iron ball cannon belonged to the State of Jaipur. Jaivana was cast in 1720 by Jai Singh II and it seems it took four elephants to make it swirl around its axis!!. The cannon is large enough to fire a 50 kgs stone ball using hundred kgs of gun powder.

The Jaivana cannon is the largest wheeled cannon ever constructed. It is located at the Jaigarh Fort, Jaipur. It was cast in 1720, during the reign of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II of Jaipur. The formidable strength of its builder, the scientifically inclined warrior Sawai Jai Singh II, lay in the large number of artillery and copious supply of munitions which he maintained. Jaivan rests on a high 4 wheeled carriage. The front wheels are 2.74 m in diameter and the rear wheels are 1.37 m in diameter.The length of the barrel of the cannon is 20 feet 2 inches and it weighs 50 tons.

Its sheer size gives some idea of what a monumental task Jaivana's manufacture might have been. The 50 tonne cannon rests on six massive wheels, each 9 ft in circumference. The cannon is 31 ft long with a 20 ft barrel that can be raised or lowered by an 8 ft tall elevating screw. Four elephants were used to rotate it. The cannon is believed to have been fired only once- towards Chakshu, 22 km away. About 100 kg of explosives launched a 50 kg iron ball which created a huge depression when it landed. It is a pond now.

================

Jahan Koshna

Made by another Karmakar brother, Janardan, this 286 mm iron ball shot cannon joined the powerful artillery at Murshidabad in West Bengal in 1637. Jahan Koshna or the “Destroyer of the World” weighs seven tonnes. The cannon is made of eight metals like silver, gold, lead, copper, zinc, tin, iron and mercury.

The Karmakars of Bengal are traditionally blacksmiths but Janardan and his brother Jagannath were dedicated gunsmiths. Janardan made this gun under the instructions of Hara Ballav Das of Dhaka.

==============

Dal Madan Kaman

The 286 mm iron ball shot cannon was made in 1565 by Jagannath Karmakar. It was commissioned by Maharaja Bir Hambir to protect the Malla kingdom. The name means “Destroyer of Enemy” – dal means enemy or horde and mardana means slayer.

================

Thanjavur Cannon

This 250mm cannon was produced by Vikad Naikwade in 1620. This is an excellent example for bombarding canon.t belonged to the King of Thanjavur and was used in 1650 during the Nayak period to protect Thanjavur from the enemies who entered from the eastern gate of the city. This cannon was cast at Kollamendu near Thanjavur and joined the armoury in 1620.

25 ft long Cannon weighs 22Tonnes. The outer diameter is 37 inches and the inner dia 25 inches can fire a cannon ball (iron) of 1000 Kg weight. No wonder it finds fourth place in the list of Largest Cannons fired in the World History.
This Cannon was named "Rajagopala Beerangi (Cannon), but popularly known as "Daasimettu beerangi" is placed on an elevated (25'high) defense barricade at the eastern Rampart of the Tanjavur Fort.

=============
=============
=============
=============

Hope the never ending trails ends up and these system see service in mass, War was above us and none of this system were available during that time ..

Watching Jaibaan cannon so many years later makes me feel nostalgic

Papai Mondal

Prithvi missile sub-munitions being released and impacting during test fire

View attachment 21223

from the looks of it i think it is BCES blast cum earth shock submunitions

BCES warhead info

BCES-type warhead, generally used against runway tracks , is capable of inflicting craters to the tracks, and making them serviceable. it can also be used against other targets like staging areas , depots , fuel dumps etc.

CEP of the warhead : 150 m
Lethal radius of the warhead : 250m
Number of bomblets : 32
Lethal radius of the bomblet : 3.2m

I think you meant "unserviceable" in your sentence

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes.
ATAGS is longer & could hold more propellant charge giving it more range. Dhanush is a modified Haubitz 77 and very suitable for high altitude misions.
@Kalki_2018 is talking about Dhanush 52. It has the same barrel length as that of ATAGS, 155/52. The difference is there in cylinder capacity of the firing chamber and APU along with other sub components.

abingdonboy

Country flag

18/year is pathetic agreed, needs to be 3-5 times this.

But ATAGS isn’t a Kalyani project it is a DRDO product that Kalyani has tied up with TATA and Kalyani to produce.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yep still that best tata gun also under trials but our army imported and ordered m777 without trials and then did it. its clear sabotage.
This is BS. Extensive trails were conducted of the M777 before it was ordered many years ago by the army.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles