Indian Army Armored Vehicles

sbm

Country flag
There's a point I'd like to clarify - personal arms carried by Indian armoured crews and indeed by such people as Carl Gustav and machine gunners? Do they carry pistols or carbines ?

rishivashista13

Country flag
There's a point I'd like to clarify - personal arms carried by Indian armoured crews and indeed by such people as Carl Gustav and machine gunners? Do they carry pistols or carbines ?
Yes , they carry pistol .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
Is that all crewmen carry pistols?
There are assault rifles (as I remember it's Kalashnikov) available inside tank for crewmen .
The Carl Gustav man has a Beretta 9mm and its loader buddy is issued with insas .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Mech inf carry such firearm not tankers, 9mm pistol and folded butt 1B1 are issued to tankers ..

sbm

Country flag
The army uses Beretta pistols? I had heard that but never a picture. So let me understand this - Mech infantry crew carry assault rifles and tank crews are issued with 1B1 (for 2 or 3) and 9mm pistols for the CO? What is the scale of issue?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I never seen beretta in Army, May be SF but certainly not Army`s ..

I don`t know in such detail ..

============

FICV program is under way, Abhay was a technology demonstration ..

The army uses Beretta pistols? I had heard that but never a picture. So let me understand this - Mech infantry crew carry assault rifles and tank crews are issued with 1B1 (for 2 or 3) and 9mm pistols for the CO? What is the scale of issue?
@Kunal Biswas any updates on ficv program or Abhay ifv?????????

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Are those captured once or separate purchase, I was under impression they use glock as well as hi power.
Not captured.

Also, the only unit using Negev along with PKM. 9 and 10 are the best equipped SF unit in Para. Actually the correct information of their armory is not known

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Someone also told me same, My knowledge about their weapons is outdated perhaps ..

Not captured.

Also, the only unit using Negev along with PKM. 9 and 10 are the best equipped SF unit in Para. Actually the correct information of their armory is not known

Bornubus

Someone also told me same, My knowledge about their weapons is outdated perhaps ..
In few units (newly raised) are still using Vz 58 and older gear.

But 9 para always got the best gear and weapons. It's another thing what they prefer in the field.

===============================

For ex not many know that 9 Para used Styr Aug way before they inducted Tavors.

The pic is from late 80

GO9Z31482081258.jpg

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its not late 80s but late 90s when Indian Army intended to go for Styr Aug as standard assault rifle, If my memory is not wrong, Just before the arrival of INSAS series of firearm ..

Bornubus

Its not late 80s but late 90s when Indian Army intended to go for Styr Aug as standard assault rifle, If my memory is not wrong, Just before the arrival of INSAS series of firearm ..
This pic of styr aug is from early 80s - Confirmed by the officer himself.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Pistols are for officers,subeidars and section commanders in mech inf.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles