Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Why so serious?

Country flag
I was lik3 wtf !!! When i saw this

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
They must be facing a tough task having new recruits with a tag line like that

I mean who wants to enroll in a group of horny fighter pilots

The guy who came up with this and the one who cleared it must be real horny at the time

mayfair

You guys don't get it.They are horny for a battle and ready to whoop some Cheeni Napaki arse....

That's where the horns will be directed..

Narasimh

Country flag

IAF MiG-29UPG 'Blue 921' armed with an RVV-AE BVRAAM at Zhukovsky.

921 is a temporary Russian tail number for flight testing in Russia. The Indian tail number for this aircraft is KBU3123. Previously the unupgraded aircraft had the KB3123 tail number, addition of 'U' in the tail number prefix denotes that this is the upgraded UPG model.
When was this taken, I thought the quota of upgrades from Russia was completed, remaining would be done in Nasik, India?

Reactions: NLD

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
When was this taken, I thought the quota of upgrades from Russia was completed, remaining would be done in Nasik, India?
It was latest UPG level Upgrade of Mig-29's.
Initial Airframes were upgraded and tested in Russia but later were in India.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

Two more C-130J-30 Super Hercules aircraft [KC-3809 & KC-3811] spotted at Lisbon on its way to India.
The first two C-130Js [KC-3807 & KC-3808] from the second batch arrived at Air Force Station Arjan Singh in the end of July.
The new aircraft are part of the second order of the 7 C-130J-30s for the second squadron of the type.
Image credits: Hugo Guerra

Prashant12

Country flag
For the first time, Jaguar fighter plane flies with advanced radar

BENGALURU: Test pilots at defence PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) flew for the first time an upgraded Jaguar fighter aircraft fitted with an AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar.

The Jaguar Darin III, which HAL is upgrading for the Indian Air Force (IAF), will now boast of the state-of-the-art AESA radar and improved features like multi target tracking frequency agility, higher bandwidth of operation, interleaved modes of operation, higher accuracies and resolution.

HAL and Israeli firm ELTA, whose radar the defence PSU has fitted the Jaguar with, had completed the ground trials in February. Apart from the AESA radar, the aircraft will also be equipped with 28 new sensors, among other things.

With all the new features, the Jaguar Darin III is expected to serve the IAF for at least another decade. The IAF, which has been struggling to keep up its fighter plane strength at the desired level was satisfied with the initial upgrade plan and the aircraft had received the IOC (initial operational clearance) in November 2016.

"The upgrade incorporates new state-of-the-art avionics architecture including the Open System Architecture Mission Computer (OSAMC), Engine and Flight Instrument System (EFIS), Fire Control Radar, Inertial Navigation System with GPS and Geodetic height correction, et al," HAL said.

It added that the plane will also boast of Solid State Digital Video Recording System (SSDVRS), Solid State Flight Data Recorder (SSFDR), Smart Multi-Function Display (SMD), Radio Altimeter with 20,000 ft range, Autopilot with Alt Select and Identification of Friend or Foe (IFF).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-with-advanced-radar/articleshow/60005106.cms

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
IAF's Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with tail number X1003 Crashes In Kathua

unable to identify the model

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
The crashed UAV is an IAI Heron.
Just compare the vertical stabliser with rudder shown in the video.
airforceproject_heron.jpg

But why IAF didn't share the details for the same?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles