Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Why are we not able to locate the sukhoi?
If it would have crashed then nearby locals would have alerted police.
Unless Sukhoi crashed in some remote place, like a forest.
Or is this spooky.
The Sukhoi crashed 60 km North of Tezpur. That is just over the Pakke Tiger Reserve. I hope the pilots are safe.

xeaaex

This has crashed in AP. Terrain there is generally inhospitable specially in this rainy season. Moreover its been raining intermittently for last few days.
I hope chinese do not have anything to do with the crash.
Or else this is of great concern to us.

xeaaex

The Sukhoi crashed 60 km North of Tezpur. That is just over the Pakke Tiger Reserve. I hope the pilots are safe.
I hope and pray that they are safe too.

So do you have any idea about safety equipments provided in plane after crash.

Like satellite phone?
Something to eat?
Gun?
Water?

Chinmoy

Country flag
As per report, it had been on routine sortie and lost RADAR contact just near Gohpur. Now if thats the case, it has crashed somewhere near Assam AP border rather then Chinese border. It might not have entered deep into AP territory. Seems it was on way to Passighat ALG.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
One question, how can we loose radar picture of such a large aircraft just 60 km out from a major frontline airbase?
Things are not looking good on the air defence front.

Like satellite phone?
Something to eat?
Gun?
Water?
From what I know, they carry basic supplies like food, water, compass, medikit, communications set, sidearm, blanket, utility knife, etc. Apart from that, they carry survival guide and any other mission-related intel like maps. All this is stashed in the ejection seat. Not sure about the exact kit though, and given the fact that they were flying a peacetime sortie, not sure what all they were carrying.

Reactions: Kay

Chinmoy

Country flag
One question, how can we loose radar picture of such a large aircraft just 60 km out from a major frontline airbase?
Things are not looking good on the air defence front.

From what I know, they carry basic supplies like food, water, compass, medikit, communications set, sidearm, blanket, utility knife, etc. Apart from that, they carry survival guide and any other mission-related intel like maps. All this is stashed in the ejection seat. Not sure about the exact kit though, and given the fact that they were flying a peacetime sortie, not sure what all they were carrying.
On your first point regarding RADAR contact lost, not long ago when news was out about S-400 deal, there were lot of speculations regarding placement of the number of batteries.Then one member had suggested putting one battery of it for Eastern frontier and I had told at the time that keeping in mind the terrain and geography of the region, we would need atleast two batteries over here.

Problem over this particular region is its terrain. The terrain along with the environment and weather does plays havoc in any kind of radio signals. Not long ago, I myself had faced a lot of problem in VSAT installation at various location over the region. We had to set up the receiving unit at negative elevation to receive any sort of signal. Be it L band or Ku band, the terrain and weather plays a lot of drama in mere installation, leave alone operation. Same is the case with RADAR too. We do need a serious amount of long range surveillance RADAR in AP to cope with this issue.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
No point deflecting the problem onto the Russians when the issues are with our own our force. We have also crashed American C-130 and recently damaged another.
Don't forget the Russians too operate similar aircraft with lower crash rates.
Crash of C-130 was a mishap.
Pilot flew into wake of turbulence of another aircraft just flying infront of them.
While led crash.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
sorry why Laughing stock? I find your comment distasteful.
Do me a favour..find out :
How many countries are using su-30 ?
And how birds they crashed till now.
Then u will understand why my comment was distasteful.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

Like satellite phone?
Something to eat?
Gun?
Water?
This is India man....chalta hai...
More over those equipment are given during war...not during patrols.

AnantS

Country flag
Do me a favour..find out :
How many countries are using su-30 ?
And how birds they crashed till now.
Then u will understand why my comment was distasteful.

ok sure, I am willing to hear from you.Can you show the comparison between countries you did and how you reached to conclusion? It would make sense if you include numbers like no of crafts in inventory, Their avg flying hours, sortie rates. You can discount difficult areas of operations from the comparison for the moment.

Krusty

Country flag

Like satellite phone?
Something to eat?
Gun?
Water?
they will have basic survival kit (includes food, Water, flotation and signalling devices) which is part of the seat (pretty sure the pilot sits on it). if they successfully eject, it is held by the chute harness. Something like this..

http://www.ejectionsite.com/seatkit.htm

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Sukhois have crashed before in north western India as well. I don't think the chinese have anything to do with this. Nevertheless, the matter should be intensely investigated.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
ok sure, I am willing to hear from you.Can you show the comparison between countries you did and how you reached to conclusion? It would make sense if you include numbers like no of crafts in inventory, Their avg flying hours, sortie rates. You can discount difficult areas of operations from the comparison for the moment.
Numbers are nothing when your birds are falling from the sky on their own.
We lost 6-7 birds in last years while Vietnam and Venezuela has single digit.
Same goes with Uganda.
When mig-21 was brought into discussion everyone pointed out that its old plane and unreliable spare parts....
Now what reason people got for su30.
If this is the situation of Russian equipment whome we relied upon since 3 decades... we just jumped onto French birds. What can I expect them to deliver.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Our bird went missing near Chinese border and now China is not being cooperative in our search mission. Something doesn't feel right.

Beijing, May 24 (IANS) China on Wednesday said it had "no information" about a missing Indian Air Force Sukhoi fighter jet and warned India not to disturb peace in the border area while searching for
http://www.india.com/news/agencies/...ndia-avoids-disturbing-peace-china-2-2164369/

Could this be a Chinese response to our strikes on porki bases and OBOR snub?

Tarun Kumar

Have they made shelter for this bird. The quality of maintenance is very disappointing.

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Our bird went missing near Chinese border and now China is not being cooperative in our search mission. Something doesn't feel right.

Beijing, May 24 (IANS) China on Wednesday said it had "no information" about a missing Indian Air Force Sukhoi fighter jet and warned India not to disturb peace in the border area while searching for
http://www.india.com/news/agencies/...ndia-avoids-disturbing-peace-china-2-2164369/

No. Shooting down an aircraft is a direct military action and the CCP is not stupid to make such a move as a response against OBOR or PoK.
Diplomatic snubs are replied in kind. China will most likely block our entry into NSG once again for OBOR and as for PoK, expect more Chini weaponry to go to Pak.

China is not DPRK and won't resort to disproportionate retaliation.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
No. Shooting down an aircraft is a direct military action and the CCP is not stupid to make such a move as a response against OBOR or PoK.
Diplomatic snubs are replied in kind. China will most likely block our entry into NSG once again for OBOR and as for PoK, expect more Chini weaponry to go to Pak.

China is not DPRK and won't resort to disproportionate retaliation.
I too think Chinese theory very unlikely but it is also true that every now and then, China too does some crazy things.

Anyways, Its too early to say anything lets wait for search operation to finish.

Two helicopters & ground teams hunting for it. Bad weather is hampering ops.

Chinmoy

Country flag

I simply don't understand what kind of sadistic delight these journos get by presenting a war like situation every now and then. From where have they got this info that the jet was lost near chinese border. Official statement is that RADAR contact was lost at around 60 km from base. Tezpur base is around 170 km frm border. It means a direct flight path over Tawang sector. Then too the jet was 110 odd kmm from border when it lost radio contact. Neither IAF nor Chinese had confirmed its downing near border. I wonder what sort of school these journos attended in their life.

singhboy98

Country flag
No point deflecting the problem onto the Russians when the issues are with our own our force. We have also crashed American C-130 and recently damaged another.
Don't forget the Russians too operate similar aircraft with lower crash rates.
If you don't fly then you won't crash. The biggest insult you could heap on the IAF is comparing it to the Russian airforce.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles